Too good to be true?

Chile Investment, how to invest in Chile, what to watch out for when investing, economic issues, currency exchange in Chile, and more.
Space Cat

Re: Too good to be true?

Post by Space Cat » Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:55 am

Santander Life is opened online-only and they use a credit verification system that, of course, did not work for foreigners when we tried it. It was asking stuff like "what car did you own 5 years ago?" – at that moment I had lived less than 5 years in Chile.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:58 am

Space Cat wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:55 am
Santander Life is opened online-only and they use a credit verification system that, of course, did not work for foreigners when we tried it. It was asking stuff like "what car did you own 5 years ago?" – at that moment I had lived less than 5 years in Chile.
Be curious if it could be tricked on questions as simply as selecting no car, ect, assuming that as far as the credit computers are concerned you did not own a car.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

Space Cat

Post by Space Cat » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:04 am

I tried to play with it but ended up with an error from that system (I think it was Chilean Equifax). Then they give you something like a one-week ban to reapply with the same RUT number.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:04 am

I had one of those credit verification programs ask me what address i lived at once in the united states.

It listed a bunch of addresses in states I had never lived in.

Then it dawned on me what the data was they were using. It was the mailing address my mother listed in a court sealed custody agreement my parents made when I was 12 year old. Setting aside the fact it was a felony for them to be in possession of that info, let alone use it, I had to think like the computer. What did it want to hear to let me continue on with my life?
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.