Expat leaving debts in Chile

Chile Investment, how to invest in Chile, what to watch out for when investing, economic issues, currency exchange in Chile, and more.
eeuunikkeiexpat
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Re: Expat leaving debts in Chile

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:40 am

HybridAmbassador wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:28 pm
Chile's DICOM rating should recognize US FICO for granting Chilean CC and cuenta corriente for those expats in Chile with such high FICO score.
I wish. It is what it is in Chilelandia.

Hope life is going well for you. Salud.
Generally, just a SPAM KILLER. You are on your own in this forum. My personal mission here is done.

BUT when necessary, by way of ridicule and truth revelation we shalt do war.

--eeuunikkeiexpat

HybridAmbassador

Post by HybridAmbassador » Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:02 pm

eeuunikkeiexpat wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:40 am
HybridAmbassador wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:28 pm
Chile's DICOM rating should recognize US FICO for granting Chilean CC and cuenta corriente for those expats in Chile with such high FICO score.
I wish. It is what it is in Chilelandia.

Hope life is going well for you. Salud.
EEUU-san, Gracias! Yep, readying myself to participate on the volunteer senior group for upcoming Tokyo Olympic. Any forasteros extranjeros living in Chilitolandia visiting us for the 2020 Tokyo Olympic?
HybridAmbassador. Toyota Hybrid system for helping climate change.

Britkid

Post by Britkid » Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:20 am

admin wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:58 pm
here is no good reason to attach millions of pesos of credit to basic savings or checking accounts.
Agreed.

But I think we shouldn't use the banks behavior as a justification not to pay. One bad thing does not justify another, and also unpaid debts are as likely to hurt the average investor and user or banking services than the rich owners.

I think the OP genuinely intends to pay, so I am not criticising the OP, but the general idea that banks' dubious behaviour justifies not paying a debt, or corrupt government justifies not paying taxes. Maybe in totally corrupt countries like Venezuela or Russia, but not in Chile.

HybridAmbassador

Post by HybridAmbassador » Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:25 pm

fraggle092 wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:25 pm
Perhaps you have stood in the queue in Sodimac patiently waiting while the person in front of you has a long involved negotiation with the cashier over the amount they can pay using their CMR Falabella store card.

I used to wonder why this couldn't be done at a separate checkout to speed up the process for other customers until I realized that the store-card payers are the preferential customers. Given the usurious interest rates that the stores charge, it makes sense. They all do the same, selling already heavily marked-up, low-quality Chinese tat on credit at 30%+ interest rates. Negocio redondo.
A long,long time ago in Berlin. I was in the somewhat long que to the cashier in the supermarket. Observing that the disciplined Germans had their check book in hand and already writing the payee name on it and signing done. But there was this laterally challenged lady not doing the norm. When her turn came to pay, she was purging some of her shopped good and seemingly arguing with the cashier. Me being a brisk and making decision in a New York snap, was getting a bit frustrated by this lady's behavior but noticed other Germans in the que seemed not bothered by this lady's behaviour. After a long wait came my turn and paid for my goods and exited the place. When outside, noticed the wasting time for everyone lady entering her VW. Then noticing that she started adjusting rear view mirror and cranking her manual window down and adjusting driver side mirror then moving the seat for another adjustment....What the F''''k ! why she has to do that? I once set my mirrors and seat, never touch it again but this lady was very un-uhm German-like, perhaps she was doing it in purpose knowing that there was a longing for her parked spot waiting patiently double parked car driver? Go figure? She could have come from East berlin perhaps?
HybridAmbassador. Toyota Hybrid system for helping climate change.