IP Blocking

Chile Investment, how to invest in Chile, what to watch out for when investing, economic issues, currency exchange in Chile, and more.
moving_from_colorado

IP Blocking

Post by moving_from_colorado » Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:51 am

I moved to chile from colorado 4 years ago. Sometime last year before april all of the colorado.gov websites stopped working for me and now it has trickled down to a number of local gov sites in colorado as well. No one from colorado has given me any kind of straight answer but as far as i can tell they are blocking all ip addressess from chile.

Seeing as i still pay taxes among other things this has become a major inconvenience. Curious if anyone else has the same problem and bonus points for any solutions.

Saludos

RocketRichard

Re: IP Blocking

Post by RocketRichard » Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:31 pm

Use a VPN...that should do the trick. :D

eeuunikkeiexpat
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:15 pm

Try the VPN in Opera first so you don't have to install anything (except for another browser) or possibly spend money. Second option, install a free US based VPN like proXVPN. After that, there are a zillion different VPN operators to choose from.
Generally, just a SPAM KILLER. You are on your own in this forum. My personal mission here is done.

BUT when necessary, by way of ridicule and truth revelation we shalt do war.

--eeuunikkeiexpat

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:58 pm

I would cut the State of Colorado some slack.

I block entire countries IP blocks too. Especially ones that are known hacker and spam hot-spots. For instance my back office servers in Chile have no good reason to ever be contacted by say someone in Colorado.

I could see their security guys saying it is too much of hassle to allow access from Chile, South America, Asia, etc when there might only be a handful of legit users out of millions of attacks originating from other countries (per day, or even minute).
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.