Chile Wealth, Inequality, and International rankings

Chile Investment, how to invest in Chile, what to watch out for when investing, economic issues, currency exchange in Chile, and more.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Chile Wealth, Inequality, and International rankings

Post by admin » Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:50 am

here is an interesting, bad stat about chile hiding in an article about central american migration:

https://moneyweek.com/497944/caravan-of ... l-america/

supposedly 5% of chile's population is now immigrants. which would be true, if chile only had 15 million people.

where did i put that list of made-up bullshit stats now?
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:34 am

so how wealthy is chile?

well at least 137 Ferrari's worth, and more on the way:

https://www.biobiochile.cl/noticias/eco ... hile.shtml

which is lot, considering rich chileans don't like the attention sports cars and other high end cars attract.

start adding lambos, Porsche, merceds, etc, bet you could easily come up with more 67,000 vehicals on the roads that cost over 100 million pesos.

setting aside a few finicialy sucidial people, you probably need to be pretty comfortably above a million dollars in income just to own one.

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:42 am

the irony of that is, is that a lot of rich people are downgrading what they drive to much lower profile vehicals. i know one guy that just sold his aston martin due to security reasons, and another that just sold his 911 because it was a security threat.

mem

Post by mem » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:09 am

admin wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:42 am
the irony of that is, is that a lot of rich people are downgrading what they drive to much lower profile vehicals. i know one guy that just sold his aston martin due to security reasons, and another that just sold his 911 because it was a security threat.
A wise decision almost anywhere. Unless you live in Monaco... lol

at46

Post by at46 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:56 am

mem wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:09 am
admin wrote:
Says someone who just bought himself a Mercedes :lol:

mem

Post by mem » Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:26 pm

at46 wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:56 am
mem wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:09 am
admin wrote:
Says someone who just bought himself a Mercedes :lol:
Hey now, not the same as a Ferrari, Porsche, Lamb, or Aston Martin. Those just scream "target me"
Price wise people spend far more on big trucks. We know some that spend around 45K US on a brand new truck. We spent far less, it was even cheaper than getting a later model Hyundai santafe or Mitsubishi suv diesel automatic or Toyota suv diesel automatic
That being said...if we start to get bad attention will just unload it. So far, at least where we live, it doesn't seem to make a difference even from our ancient 99 pathfinder. Which btw, has been at the country mechanic shop for 6 weeks! Normally we would have rented a car but glad we have a second vehicle now.

HybridAmbassador

Post by HybridAmbassador » Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:48 pm

What your 99 Pathfinder at the mechanic for 6 weeks? What are they doing for that long period? No parts available for your "finder?
HybridAmbassador. Toyota Hybrid system for helping climate change.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:05 pm

yea, sit at a copec on a busy hour. look out at the shapes of the cars in the parking lot. i can't tell the diffrence between 90% of the suvs from a distance., because they all have the same body shape these days. hyundai, to Porsche, to mercedes, to bmw, they all use the same wind tunnels and software to design them.

really pretty borring.

mem

Post by mem » Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:21 pm

HybridAmbassador wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:48 pm
What your 99 Pathfinder at the mechanic for 6 weeks? What are they doing for that long period? No parts available for your "finder?
I dont know what exactly they are doing, but I hope its awesome lol. When I brought it in it was having problems with stalling when idling, irregular idling, and periodically it would do this shuddering thing where I would have to let off the gas until it recovered. It is tricky cause it doesn't always do it so I stressed he needed to take it on several test drives where the engine had good an long to warm up, not just drive it around the block and assume it is good. I think this time he struck gold on experiencing the probems

I wrote out my explanation of the problems in spanish and told him I also needed to get it in for revision technica. I've called a few times, basically asking if the auto is listo ahora. He rambles off a bunch of stuff, mentions temuco, and after that I reply, Entonces, necessita mas tiempo para lista? He says Si. So then I try calling back in a few days or the next week, rinse and repeat. He doesn't go to temuco very often and I think he tend to try to go for parts for several of his customers at once to save gas.

Im hoping he has actually found the problem and resolved it, if for nothing else to unload it for 2-3million and put that into a Toyota Forerunner, FJCruiser, or Tundra/hilux and that will be my bencina gas guzzler/cargo hauler. Then again I might just hold on to it, for when I need to go on brutal rutted roads or pickup sharpy metal fencing from sodimac or whatever, rather than have to cough up several million more on top of what i can get for it for one of those Toyotas. If he can truly fix this issue then the pathfinder should last a long time (relatively low km on it) considering it is not the daily driver now that i have a diesel second car that kills it in mileage and I know what its problems are versus the joy of discovery with a new used vehicle. Parts and service are dirt cheap on it to boot.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:40 pm

sounds like a fuel filter or fuel pump issue, but just guessing. i love my odb ll reader. i like to get the car's take on what is wrong with it first, before talking to the mechanic; but older cars often don't have them.

at46

Post by at46 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:17 pm

mem wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:21 pm
HybridAmbassador wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:48 pm
I dont know what exactly they are doing, but I hope its awesome lol. When I brought it in it was having problems with stalling when idling, irregular idling, and periodically it would do this shuddering thing where I would have to let off the gas until it recovered. It is tricky cause it doesn't always do it so I stressed he needed to take it on several test drives where the engine had good an long to warm up, not just drive it around the block and assume it is good. I think this time he struck gold on experiencing the probems
Sounds like idle air control valve, which, I think, is a pretty common problem on Pathfinders. Looks kinda like this but you need to get the correct OEM part number for your vehicle from the dealership parts department.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-NISS ... :rk:5:pf:0
And this video might be helpful to you or your mechanic :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YX3KQ-HjlJs

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:16 pm

well, here comes the revision of the stats on income. chile projected to pass $30,000 pp around 2022 or 23.

https://www.latercera.com/pulso/noticia ... on/454096/

i suspect that there will be somewhere between an outright torent of such projections, to a slow drip, drip as the paper stats catch-up to reality. at some point someone will do the math correctly on the over all wealth.

the rich in chile are realy not going to like that, because if my guestimates of x3 everything holds, that also means they need to pay x3 in tax on everything they own.

on the upside, it means chile's debt to gdp is 1/3 less, mas o menos.