The trade wars, they have begun

Chile Investment, how to invest in Chile, what to watch out for when investing, economic issues, currency exchange in Chile, and more.
admin
Site Admin

Re: The trade wars, they have begun

Post by admin » Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:12 pm

Seems the chinese are not the only public inclined to boycott american products. Canadians are looking to avoid them too.

https://mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN1JB2X7

I have been boycotting american products for decades, because they suck. Everytime i think i should give them another go, i find out they suck even worse than the last time i tried.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:34 pm

So far looks like a lot of good news for chile and south america in this trade war.

Thanks chump!!!

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

at46

Post by at46 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:07 pm

Space Cat wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:13 pm
at46 wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:32 pm
That's a wheel of cheese redefined :) Reminds me of Canadian ingenuity in smuggling American dairy over to the Great White North, to cheat on the all-powerful Canadian milk and egg cartel. And so, just like in Canada, it could be a price issue and not a quality issue, right? Now that Finnish cheese is banned in Russia, it's price probably dropped due to overproduction. I heard the Finnish supermarket chain Lidl is so desperate for Russian shoppers, they've even set up free shuttle bus service to bring people from Saint-Petersburg.
It's mostly the other way around: now Russian businesses are making good money on bringing Finnish food to Russia but there's a weight limit per person. So they take you there for free under the agreement that you buy something like 20% for yourself and 80% for them. Maybe there are some agreements with Finnish stores but Lidl is German and it's present in most European countries.
Again, that just reminds me of Canada where they had an active duty police officer with a couple of buddies arrested a few years ago for smuggling 200K worth of cheese into Canada over 9 months to be sold through pizzerias. They made 168K in profit on that, talk about a quick return :)

HybridAmbassador

Post by HybridAmbassador » Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:01 pm

Well, I heard that people from the great white north jumped the border into the Trump's land and load their cars with American beers. It says Canada has a whopping 270 % tariff on them according to Mr. Trump, so the Beers and many more items are so cheap in the US vs Canada !
HybridAmbassador. Toyota Hybrid system for helping climate change.

nwdiver

Post by nwdiver » Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:11 pm

HybridAmbassador wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:01 pm
Well, I heard that people from the great white north jumped the border into the Trump's land and load their cars with American beers. It says Canada has a whopping 270 % tariff on them according to Mr. Trump, so the Beers and many more items are so cheap in the US vs Canada !

Have no clue what be he is talking about, US craft beer if I wanted it is maybe 20% more than Canadian craft beer (most of that is doll or exchange), most US big brands are made in Canada for distribution here, same as Stella in Chile is made in Chile......in Canada it comes from Belgium.....
It's all about the wine.

HybridAmbassador

Post by HybridAmbassador » Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:17 pm

nwdiver wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:11 pm
HybridAmbassador wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:01 pm

Have no clue what be he is talking about, US craft beer if I wanted it is maybe 20% more than Canadian craft beer (most of that is doll or exchange), most US big brands are made in Canada for distribution here, same as Stella in Chile is made in Chile......in Canada it comes from Belgium.....
May be it was before the NAFTA. My friends the Canadiens used to say, you wanna save money, cross the border and buy in the US..?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:51 am

Had a funny thought today.

China can just shuffle their u.s. bond portfolio, and invert the bond curvey causing a recession in the u.s. as the debt blows out. They could probably just talk about doing it and invert the curve.

HybridAmbassador

Post by HybridAmbassador » Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:08 pm

admin wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:51 am
Had a funny thought today.

China can just shuffle their u.s. bond portfolio, and invert the bond curvey causing a recession in the u.s. as the debt blows out. They could probably just talk about doing it and invert the curve.
PRC once threatened US to dump all its US bonds in open market. However they are hundreds of nations waiting to pick up those Bonds dumped by Xi JingPin, America pays huge interests on them so nice investment.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:47 pm

Yea, the diffrence is we are in a fed tighting cycle right now that is already got the global markets walking on pins and needless.

There is rather imfamous stat that is well warn now.

Of the last 14 rate hike cycles the fed has under taken, 10 have ended in recession.

A new point someone added to that recently, the other 4 cycles resulted in emerging market crisis.

They never end well.

So a few more points on the interest rate, would cause the u.s. and likly the global economy to roll over.

Especially with the amount of debt load the u.s. has piled on since 2008. The national debt is kinda manegiable at 2 or 3%, in a extend and pretend sort of way, but over 4% all hell starts breaking loose in the u.s.

First to go will be all the super bloated zombie companies that have been taking loans and buying back shares, paying their dividens, and just in general producing nothing of value except for debt paper since 2008.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:30 am

Pop goes the weasel !!!

Trump threatens 200 billion more, and another 200 billion on that.

Chinese markets are coming unglued this morning. Think NY might follow today.

I've heard trump described as complely not understanding economics and history. I totaly believe that now.

Welcome to 1918 people.

Soup line anyone?

HybridAmbassador

Post by HybridAmbassador » Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:17 pm

Trump to enforce PRC bound $50 Billions worth of a new tariff July 1st. Then PRC will retaliate doin' the same. Russian roulette with single bullet in the revolver aim to their heads and squeeze the trigger, then see who is the loser or both, Amen...

Luckily for Trumpf, US economy still going strong so all foreign invested money will make re-investing back to America. Now the lesser GDP countries economy will suffer, what a calamity.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:37 pm

HybridAmbassador wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:17 pm
Trump to enforce PRC bound $50 Billions worth of a new tariff July 1st. Then PRC will retaliate doin' the same. Russian roulette with single bullet in the revolver aim to their heads and squeeze the trigger, then see who is the loser or both, Amen...

Luckily for Trumpf, US economy still going strong so all foreign invested money will make re-investing back to America. Now the lesser GDP countries economy will suffer, what a calamity.
Yea, i am sure putin would be happy to referree that game of russian rullet, inbetween world cup games.