The trade wars, they have begun

Chile Investment, how to invest in Chile, what to watch out for when investing, economic issues, currency exchange in Chile, and more.
hlf2888

Re: The trade wars, they have begun

Post by hlf2888 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:53 pm

Just like some investment companies will knock a stock so the prices come down and they can invest, I think this tactic is also done with countries. Chile's prices (real estate for sure) have risen in the last few years. Investors would like to see them fall so they can buy low.

HybridAmbassador

Post by HybridAmbassador » Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:29 pm

hlf2888 wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:53 pm
Just like some investment companies will knock a stock so the prices come down and they can invest, I think this tactic is also done with countries. Chile's prices (real estate for sure) have risen in the last few years. Investors would like to see them fall so they can buy low.
Yeah, fundamentalism of capitalistic business as the Chinos say, buy low and sell high ! Do you know why the Jews ask high? "cause the Arabs offer really low-ball figures...Once an Israeli told me, if a merchandise cost us 10 cents to make it, if dealin' with the Arabs we have to ask for $1.50 cause they will offer us 60 cents...So the Jew drops it to $1.25 then they offer 75 cents, till meeting arounds $1.00, but still the Jews yet making handsome profit! yeah, scoop up those downed stocks then sell when hits the ceiling again.. Capitalism flourish for ever...hlf2888-san, by the way nice new avatar !
HybridAmbassador. Toyota Hybrid system for helping climate change.

hlf2888

Post by hlf2888 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:19 pm

Thanks for the compliments on the avatar, and on the prowess of my ethnic group who have learned to excel in a monetary based world.

72Shilden

Post by 72Shilden » Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:29 pm

After following the economical news for a couple years, I've slowly lost any credency I could lend to the concept of "trade wars"... Sure, there are sanctions and competitions that hurt other countries' economies, but in the shade, where nobody's looking, both countries engaging in a "trade war" are heavily profitting from each other : I mean, no matter what China and the US say about each other, the US market can't do without Chinese products, and the Chinese one can't live without US companies, their software, services... And strangely enough, sanction-ridden Russians like to buy their real estate in Europe, be it Greece, France or Italy : https://tranio.com/articles/russian-and ... port-2018/

tl;dr trade wars are show business more than anything else.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:04 am

i agree that the head line dollar damage to trade will be minimal.

it is the secondary collateral damage that will be very real.

it is the cost of shifting sources of supply chains. iit will be loss of initerest in say buying american products. companies holding back on development of new product lines. it is the uncertanty. just holding back on imvestment.

as a ceo, are you realy going to say make a decision to put billions to work, and years of development lead time, to open a new factory in the u.s. or china, when you have no idea what the real cost is going to be?

how about signing 5 or 10 year supply contract for raw materials for that factory?

or employment contracts, distribution, etc?

as a bank or investor, are you going to buy the bonds or make the loans to a company that can not tell you what their product is going make and sell? or what your market is?

point is, when i start thinking this through on a practical level, i am with jack ma on this one. this is going to be a long, and it is going to have big effects for a long time after it is over. if it does not end soon, it will not end anytime soon. chump will be long gone from office.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:56 am

There is some reports coming out of China that the new iphone launch was a flop. No mega crowds waiting, and the scalpers could not resell their phones.

Now, is that trade related, nationalistic boycott, or just no one wants the new iphone?

No idea.

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

at46

Post by at46 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:11 pm

Huawei P20 Pro is our pick for the best smartphone you can buy today.
https://www.stuff.tv/features/huawei-p2 ... which-best

Huawei MateBook X Pro Review: The Most Bang For Your Buck In The Laptop World
https://www.forbes.com/sites/bensin/201 ... 158bc42d5d

China bashing doesn't help sell American products in China either, obviously. And the bashing apparently is about to get even worse coz having only Russia as the ultimate bogeyman is beginning to feel uninspired.
https://www.axios.com/trump-administrat ... 59833.html

Space Cat

Post by Space Cat » Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:57 pm

If only Huawei wasn’t running this laggy bugfest of Android. I really don’t like the idea of spending over $500 for a phone but all Android devices we had in the last 5 years were crap because of the software.

It’s a shame that Windows Phone was discontinued - my $120 Nоkia Lumia absolutely rocked.

HybridAmbassador

Post by HybridAmbassador » Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:57 pm

So Trumpster tell the Chinos, let have a talk before I impose the $200 billions tariff on top of the first one. Chinos saz, no thanks we don't dance when you have a gun stuck to my head! Trumpster saz, well then here we go another big one for you...So this thingy is going around for a quite lengthy to see no end.
HybridAmbassador. Toyota Hybrid system for helping climate change.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:29 pm

at46 wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:11 pm
Huawei P20 Pro is our pick for the best smartphone you can buy today.
https://www.stuff.tv/features/huawei-p2 ... which-best

Huawei MateBook X Pro Review: The Most Bang For Your Buck In The Laptop World
https://www.forbes.com/sites/bensin/201 ... 158bc42d5d

China bashing doesn't help sell American products in China either, obviously. And the bashing apparently is about to get even worse coz having only Russia as the ultimate bogeyman is beginning to feel uninspired.
https://www.axios.com/trump-administrat ... 59833.html
except every piece of their hardware I have gotten up close and personal with, had a chinese back door in it. Not even good back doors. Like the frigen router Entel brought me, that had a hard coded port to a Chinese firm located in hong kong. Who does that except the biggest amature hacker hour? If your going to embed a back door, at least hide it.

Sorry, Chinese tech is still crap. Think about it. 20 years ago, most of the people programming or running their IT companies today, had either never touched a computer or were not even alive; but, hey, 'fake it to you make it' is the national moto that seems to work for China. I am just not going to buy anything that is not 'an excelent copy'. That was my favourite brand when I lived in China, literally called 'an excellent copy'. The rest was junk.

I was at one of their IT malls in Nanjing when I lived there. They had some intel chips in a display case at one of the stores. I asked if I could see it. The kid pulls it out and starts bending the pins on the chip, and otherwise rubbing his greasy hands all over the business end of the chip. I just said, thanks but no thanks. That kid is probably running some multi-billion dollar unicorn with 5 horns today.

at46

Post by at46 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:38 pm

I've been using a Xiaomi cell phone for the last three years and I absolutely love it. Well, the camera could be better, but for something like USD250 that I paid for it I'd buy another one any minute if I had to.

I'm not computer savvy at all and so I'm assuming anything I do online is being monitored or can be accessed by someone. Whether that's Americans or Chinese, doesn't make much difference to me. In fact, the Chinese would be preferable in that scenario. But given it's Android on a China made cell phone, I'm sure both China and the US collect whatever they want off of me.

Space Cat

Post by Space Cat » Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:14 pm

Right, my wife got a Xiaomi and it keeps swallowing notifications and turning screen on randomly. Google’s privacy stance is getting worse and worse meanwhile, they are approaching Facebook’s level of evilness.

We’ll just go for the cheapest iPhone next time. I have SE right now and it has produced zero problems in two years. Also Apple isn’t an ad company, so they don’t gather as much data from you.