The trade wars, they have begun

Chile Investment, how to invest in Chile, what to watch out for when investing, economic issues, currency exchange in Chile, and more.
admin
Site Admin

Re: The trade wars, they have begun

Post by admin » Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:00 am

Come on? Ford and gm should have been put down 2008 (at least gm). They have been producing crap for decades, and living on their reputation from their 1950's /60's glory days, back when almost no one else had a auto industry to compete.

Ford has all the signs of a company in trouble with the desperate moves they have been making recently like selling off their south america division, ending production of sedans, etc.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

at46

Post by at46 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:02 pm

admin wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:00 am
Come on? Ford and gm should have been put down 2008 (at least gm). They have been producing crap for decades, and living on their reputation from their 1950's /60's glory days, back when almost no one else had a auto industry to compete.

Ford has all the signs of a company in trouble with the desperate moves they have been making recently like selling off their south america division, ending production of sedans, etc.
Ford still sells almost double the number of trucks than all the Japanese companies combined. https://www.statista.com/statistics/204 ... ober-2011/
But I agree that's a waste of materials and effort.

Since the car business is inextricable from the oil politics, and the oil politics are inextricable from the petrodollar based financial system, you kinda have to start fixing things in New York and Houston before knocking down Detroit.

HybridAmbassador

Post by HybridAmbassador » Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:35 pm

at46 wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:02 pm
admin wrote:

Ford still sells almost double the number of trucks than all the Japanese companies combined. https://www.statista.com/statistics/204 ... ober-2011/

Since the car business is inextricable from the oil politics, and the oil politics are inextricable from the petrodollar based financial system, you kinda have to start fixing things in New York and Houston before knocking down Detroit.
Ha,ha,haa. Ford F150 truck may outsell the Toyotas but if I'm to put my hard earned, er, saved Dollars in which company should I park my money?

Why Toyota Is More Valuable Than GM, Ford & Honda Combined -- Part 1

Toyota Motor has a greater market capitalization than that of General Motors , Ford and Honda combined. While this might appear striking, this is true primarily because of Toyota’s cash rich position. On comparing the enterprise value of the automakers, one sees that Toyota’s EV stands at just over $100 billion, which is about $30 billion higher than its next biggest competitor. In this two part article series, we try to explain this fact by looking at the average transaction price per unit sold commanded by each company and the operating margins for each company. Both of these angles reveal a lot about the recent performance of these companies and the directions in which they’re heading.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/greatspecu ... db7af96ae7
HybridAmbassador. Toyota Hybrid system for helping climate change.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:12 pm

Ford has to produce more trucks, because they are disposable pieces of crap. It takes three Fords to equal the life of one Toyota, and at least 6 transmissions (for some reason Ford has simply never been able to build a transmission that last).

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:22 pm

The Argentina peso started the morning at 31
1USD =
33.9969ARS

My first trip to Argentina, it was 2 to the dollar, and the Argentinians still wanted to argue that it was really worth 1 to 1 as it said on the front of the bills. by the time I left, over a weekend, it was 3 to 1

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:24 pm

and Brazil?
1USD =
4.10659BRL

4.0, was suppose to be the line in the sand for Brazil. Not sure what was on the other side of that line, but it was not good.

at46

Post by at46 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:17 pm

HybridAmbassador wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:35 pm
at46 wrote:
admin wrote:

Ha,ha,haa. Ford F150 truck may outsell the Toyotas but if I'm to put my hard earned, er, saved Dollars in which company should I park my money?

Toyota Motor has a greater market capitalization than that of General Motors , Ford and Honda combined. While this might appear striking, this is true primarily because of Toyota’s cash rich position. On comparing the enterprise value of the automakers, one sees that Toyota’s EV stands at just over $100 billion, which is about $30 billion higher than its next biggest competitor. In this two part article series, we try to explain this fact by looking at the average transaction price per unit sold commanded by each company and the operating margins for each company. Both of these angles reveal a lot about the recent performance of these companies and the directions in which they’re heading.

What baffles me is why Toyota, with all its money and technical knowledge, can't come up with a really desirable truck for North Americans. It is their biggest market after all.

But then I remember the words of one of Toyota's top executives who said Toyota is not really a car company, it's a transportation solutions company. So they're not even looking to stir my emotions and make my eyes shine. All they want is my money.

In which case I'll pay them back with their own coin - indifference - and a hundred different reasons to poop on their entire boring line-up.

eeuunikkeiexpat
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:15 pm

Chart shows a weakening of EM and hints of another downturn after the temporary bounce/recovery.

Remember how 2008 had been rumbling from July (collapse of commodities) and then blew up in the regularly watched markets around Fiestas Patrias?

We might be facing the same timing here but this time, the PTB might not be able to pull a rabbit out of the hat.
Screen Shot 2018-08-29 at 10.09.42 PM.jpg
Generally, just a SPAM KILLER. You are on your own in this forum. My personal mission here is done.

BUT when necessary, by way of ridicule and truth revelation we shalt do war.

--eeuunikkeiexpat

mem

Post by mem » Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:16 am

at46 wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:17 pm
HybridAmbassador wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:35 pm
at46 wrote:
admin wrote:

What baffles me is why Toyota, with all its money and technical knowledge, can't come up with a really desirable truck for North Americans. It is their biggest market after all.

But then I remember the words of one of Toyota's top executives who said Toyota is not really a car company, it's a transportation solutions company. So they're not even looking to stir my emotions and make my eyes shine. All they want is my money.

In which case I'll pay them back with their own coin - indifference - and a hundred different reasons to poop on their entire boring line-up.
Well, I would say the desirable trucks for North America are either the Toyota Tundra or the Toyota Tacoma (hillux). In fact I know quite a few friends there that have such trucks and love them. The tundra for a big truck and the tacoma for a little truck

I dont think the problem is desirability. It is more or less a combination of stupidity and/or the illusion of loyalty to an "American brand". Results be darned! The same people that will buy a Ford Fiesta or Focus over a Honda civic, accord or toyota Corolla/camry while thinking they are keeping their US dollars in the US. So they buy inferior products but they have their principles, such as they are

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:53 pm

admin wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:22 pm
The Argentina peso started the morning at 31
1USD =
33.9969ARS

My first trip to Argentina, it was 2 to the dollar, and the Argentinians still wanted to argue that it was really worth 1 to 1 as it said on the front of the bills. by the time I left, over a weekend, it was 3 to 1
What diffrence a day makes, at least in argentina.

1USD =
41.2268ARS

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:56 pm

They now have the highest interest rates in the world.

Brazil is interviening in the currency.

Chile has moved with the nieghbors, but not much.
1USD =
677.148CLP

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:03 pm

Even with an interest rate of 60% i dont think i would try and catch that falling knife. The argentina peso is down something like a 120% this year so far against the dollar, and the elections are still a very long way off.