The trade wars, they have begun

Chile Investment, how to invest in Chile, what to watch out for when investing, economic issues, currency exchange in Chile, and more.
HybridAmbassador
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 3694
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:19 pm

Re: The trade wars, they have begun

Post by HybridAmbassador » Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:29 pm

The US Navy just got the green light to stick it to China with game-changing new missiles using from with whopping US$717 Billion budget.

President Donald Trump on Monday signed into law a $717 billion defense spending bill that puts China in the crosshairs of a host of new US Navy missiles and tactics.
The US Navy will get new, longer-range missiles to outgun China's missiles, which can get clean shots on US ships well before US missiles have them in range.
The US used to have missiles for long-range ship-sinking but abandoned them at the end of the Cold War. The new spending bill marks their return — and the return to preparing for fights with big navies.

https://www.businessinsider.com/us-navy ... m=referral
HybridAmbassador. Toyota Hybrid system for helping climate change.

User avatar
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 16484
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:02 pm
Location: Frutillar, Chile
Contact:

Re: The trade wars, they have begun

Post by admin » Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:15 am

Well the chinese literally wrote the book on war:
Again, if the campaign is protracted, the resources of the State will not be equal to the strain.

Now, when your weapons are dulled, your ardor damped, your strength exhausted and your treasure spent, other chieftains will spring up to take advantage of your extremity. Then no man, however wise, will be able to avert the consequences that must ensue
https://suntzusaid.com/book/2
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

User avatar
eeuunikkeiexpat
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 7241
Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2006 1:38 am
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Re: The trade wars, they have begun

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:07 pm

Updated chart, temporary reprieve:
Screen Shot 2018-08-26 at 11.24.56 AM.jpg
Generally, just a SPAM KILLER. You are on your own in this forum. My personal mission here is done.

BUT when necessary, by way of ridicule and truth revelation we shalt do war.

--eeuunikkeiexpat

mem
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 265
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:18 am

Re: The trade wars, they have begun

Post by mem » Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:56 pm

admin wrote:
Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:15 am
Well the chinese literally wrote the book on war:
Again, if the campaign is protracted, the resources of the State will not be equal to the strain.

Now, when your weapons are dulled, your ardor damped, your strength exhausted and your treasure spent, other chieftains will spring up to take advantage of your extremity. Then no man, however wise, will be able to avert the consequences that must ensue
https://suntzusaid.com/book/2
Asians also have the highest average IQs. So that's gotta be helping them

https://iq-research.info/en/average-iq-by-country

User avatar
eeuunikkeiexpat
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 7241
Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2006 1:38 am
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Re: The trade wars, they have begun

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:20 pm

We are inscrutable because in the end, it is an IQ thing whether realized or not :wink:
Generally, just a SPAM KILLER. You are on your own in this forum. My personal mission here is done.

BUT when necessary, by way of ridicule and truth revelation we shalt do war.

--eeuunikkeiexpat

HybridAmbassador
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 3694
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:19 pm

Re: The trade wars, they have begun

Post by HybridAmbassador » Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:16 pm

Asian's with the highest IQ's? It could be but high IQ's has to find a way to translate them into obtaining or producing more Nobel laureates.
In Asia, besides Japan, neither China nor Korea hasn't produced much of Nobel prize winners. So this IQ's capability goes to the US and the west hands down no doubt.

Japan is a country that never strays far from China’s mind. This time, Chinese people are asking how it is possible that Japan has won so many more Nobel Prizes than China.

Japanese biologist Yoshinori Ohsumi was awarded the Nobel Prize in physiology or medicine this year. The prize was won by Chinese pharmacologist Tu Youyou in 2015. But Japan has now won 25 Nobel Prizes since 1949, and China only three—including the Peace Prize to human rights activist Liu Xiaobo in 2010, which sparked an ongoing diplomatic freeze between Norway and China. Japan has won the second-most science Nobel prizes after the US.

Physicists Li Zhengdao and Yang Zhenning (paywall) both left China before the Communist Party came to power in 1949, and shared the 1957 physics prize while working in the US. They later became American citizens.

https://qz.com/804735/china-has-complic ... el-prizes/

South Korea, on the other hand, is yet to produce its first Nobel Prize-winning scientist, with Kim Dae-jung, the 2000 Nobel Peace Prize recipient being the only South Korean to be awarded a Nobel of any kind. The complex relationship between Japan and South Korea goes back more than 1500 years, stemming from trade and cultural exchange between Japan and mainland Asia which commonly came through the Korean peninsula — however, over the centuries, the dynamic between the two countries has changed quite dramatically.

In 1965, Japan established diplomatic relations with South Korea in the aftermath of the Korean War and the separation of the Korean territory into North and South. Japan recognized South Korea as the only legitimate government of the peninsula and signed the Treaty on Basic Relations between Japan and the Republic of Korea — a document which was explicitly referenced by Eisaku Sato, the 39th Prime Minister of Japan, in the lecture he gave following his receipt of the Nobel Peace Prize in 1974.

However, the past decade has seen several disputes shake the foundations of the relationship between South Korea and Japan. The longstanding territorial dispute over the Liancourt Rocks rose its head again in 2012 following a visit by South Korean President Lee Myung-Bak, as well as ongoing debate as to Japan's depiction of its own history and relation to South Korea in government-approved history textbooks.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2015/2 ... ks-Volumes
HybridAmbassador. Toyota Hybrid system for helping climate change.

HybridAmbassador
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 3694
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:19 pm

Re: The trade wars, they have begun

Post by HybridAmbassador » Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:27 pm

NAFTA. No more, new name to be created ! Canada has to make a separate trade agreement with uncle Sam..US will give Canada a chance to surrender?

Donald Trump said on Monday that the United States and Mexico had reached a trade agreement, but that it would not be referred to as the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA).

"They used to call it NAFTA, we’re going to call it the United States-Mexico trade agreement and we’ll get rid of the name NAFTA," Trump told reporters. "It has a bad connotation because the United States was hurt very badly by NAFTA for many years."

According to Trump, the new trade deal is very special for manufacturers and farmers.

He also noted that Washington had not started working on a trade agreement with Canada yet, as it wanted to see first if the deal with Mexico was possible.

The US president stressed that he would either impose tariffs on Canadian cars or reach a negotiated deal with the Canadian government.

"I think with Canada, frankly, the easier thing we can do is tariff their cars coming in, it's a tremendous amount of money and it's a very simple negotiation… I think we'll give them a chance to probably have a separate deal or perhaps we'll put it in to this deal," Trump told reporters.

https://sputniknews.com/business/201808 ... de-mexico/
HybridAmbassador. Toyota Hybrid system for helping climate change.

User avatar
nwdiver
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 2890
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:45 pm
Location: Vancouver, BC and Chile where ever it's Summer
Contact:

Re: The trade wars, they have begun

Post by nwdiver » Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:22 am

The cars entering the US aren't Canuckmobiles they are Fords and GMs, good way to hurt US companies, as far as I'm concerned destroy the Canadain auto industry, it won't hurt anyone west of central Ontario. We can then drop the 20-30% tariffs on EU and Asian cars which is all I buy, oh and slap 50% tariffs on US cars so that sh!t doesn't come back across the border.......

Trump doesn't know what his people are doing, as the Canadian Minister of Trade said talks have been productive and on going....
It's all about the wine.

User avatar
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 16484
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:02 pm
Location: Frutillar, Chile
Contact:

Re: The trade wars, they have begun

Post by admin » Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:50 am

HybridAmbassador wrote:
Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:16 pm
Asian's with the highest IQ's? It could be but high IQ's has to find a way to translate them into obtaining or producing more Nobel laureates.
In Asia, besides Japan, neither China nor Korea hasn't produced much of Nobel prize winners. So this IQ's capability goes to the US and the west hands down no doubt.

Japan is a country that never strays far from China’s mind. This time, Chinese people are asking how it is possible that Japan has won so many more Nobel Prizes than China.

Japanese biologist Yoshinori Ohsumi was awarded the Nobel Prize in physiology or medicine this year. The prize was won by Chinese pharmacologist Tu Youyou in 2015. But Japan has now won 25 Nobel Prizes since 1949, and China only three—including the Peace Prize to human rights activist Liu Xiaobo in 2010, which sparked an ongoing diplomatic freeze between Norway and China. Japan has won the second-most science Nobel prizes after the US.

Physicists Li Zhengdao and Yang Zhenning (paywall) both left China before the Communist Party came to power in 1949, and shared the 1957 physics prize while working in the US. They later became American citizens.

https://qz.com/804735/china-has-complic ... el-prizes/

South Korea, on the other hand, is yet to produce its first Nobel Prize-winning scientist, with Kim Dae-jung, the 2000 Nobel Peace Prize recipient being the only South Korean to be awarded a Nobel of any kind. The complex relationship between Japan and South Korea goes back more than 1500 years, stemming from trade and cultural exchange between Japan and mainland Asia which commonly came through the Korean peninsula — however, over the centuries, the dynamic between the two countries has changed quite dramatically.

In 1965, Japan established diplomatic relations with South Korea in the aftermath of the Korean War and the separation of the Korean territory into North and South. Japan recognized South Korea as the only legitimate government of the peninsula and signed the Treaty on Basic Relations between Japan and the Republic of Korea — a document which was explicitly referenced by Eisaku Sato, the 39th Prime Minister of Japan, in the lecture he gave following his receipt of the Nobel Peace Prize in 1974.

However, the past decade has seen several disputes shake the foundations of the relationship between South Korea and Japan. The longstanding territorial dispute over the Liancourt Rocks rose its head again in 2012 following a visit by South Korean President Lee Myung-Bak, as well as ongoing debate as to Japan's depiction of its own history and relation to South Korea in government-approved history textbooks.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2015/2 ... ks-Volumes
I have simple explanation for asian IQ scores. Asians, via cultures that put a lot of emphasis on study and testing at a young age, are, suprise, surprise, good at taking the IQ tests too.

In fact, among many other problems with the IQ test, one of the bigger critisms is that you can study / practice for an IQ test and get a better score (or diffrent score). People also get diffrent scores through their life.

The IQ test was never designed to mesure intelegence. It was designed to detect people that had learning disabilities.

Strangly, it does seem good at detecting narcissistic. They even have their own club called Mensa.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

at46
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 505
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:13 pm
Location: Vancouver/Santiago

Re: The trade wars, they have begun

Post by at46 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:50 pm

nwdiver wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:22 am
The cars entering the US aren't Canuckmobiles they are Fords and GMs, good way to hurt US companies, as far as I'm concerned destroy the Canadain auto industry, it won't hurt anyone west of central Ontario. We can then drop the 20-30% tariffs on EU and Asian cars which is all I buy, oh and slap 50% tariffs on US cars so that sh!t doesn't come back across the border.......

Trump doesn't know what his people are doing, as the Canadian Minister of Trade said talks have been productive and on going....
US auto industry will survive just fine without Canadian plants, but Canadian National Democratic Party might not - after loosing contributions from the unionized $70 an hour workforce. Similarly, hitting the Canadian milk and egg cartel is just Trump's way of hitting the Liberal Party of Canada, because that cartel is its largest sponsor.

HybridAmbassador
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 3694
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:19 pm

Re: The trade wars, they have begun

Post by HybridAmbassador » Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:41 pm

That young leader of Canada, Justin Beaber, er, Trudeau, has got no respect for Mr Trumpf and taking side with EU pisses off the president. Trudeau has to play the game and tickling Trumpf, be smarter and Canada will win.
HybridAmbassador. Toyota Hybrid system for helping climate change.

User avatar
nwdiver
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 2890
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:45 pm
Location: Vancouver, BC and Chile where ever it's Summer
Contact:

Re: The trade wars, they have begun

Post by nwdiver » Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:56 am

at46 wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:50 pm
nwdiver wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:22 am
The cars entering the US aren't Canuckmobiles they are Fords and GMs, good way to hurt US companies, as far as I'm concerned destroy the Canadain auto industry, it won't hurt anyone west of central Ontario. We can then drop the 20-30% tariffs on EU and Asian cars which is all I buy, oh and slap 50% tariffs on US cars so that sh!t doesn't come back across the border.......

Trump doesn't know what his people are doing, as the Canadian Minister of Trade said talks have been productive and on going....
US auto industry will survive just fine without Canadian plants, but Canadian National Democratic Party might not - after loosing contributions from the unionized $70 an hour workforce. Similarly, hitting the Canadian milk and egg cartel is just Trump's way of hitting the Liberal Party of Canada, because that cartel is its largest sponsor.
I think Ford will use it Canadain plants to manufacture for overseas.......and as to the milk issue....no cow is worth 75k unless it has a quote attached to it.......the Fraser Valley east of Vancouver can supply Canada with milk at 2/3 the present price, no need to heat barns, but they can't produce milk they don't have quotas, 90% are in Ontario and Quebec, I'm all for dump the quotas, and eggs are not under a quota at least in Western Canada......there are changes coming the EU free trade deal includes greater access to Canada for dairy, Trumps a little late........
It's all about the wine.

Post Reply