The trade wars, they have begun

Chile Investment, how to invest in Chile, what to watch out for when investing, economic issues, currency exchange in Chile, and more.
at46

Re: The trade wars, they have begun

Post by at46 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:08 am

Space Cat wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:14 pm
Right, my wife got a Xiaomi and it keeps swallowing notifications and turning screen on randomly. Google’s privacy stance is getting worse and worse meanwhile, they are approaching Facebook’s level of evilness.

We’ll just go for the cheapest iPhone next time. I have SE right now and it has produced zero problems in two years. Also Apple isn’t an ad company, so they don’t gather as much data from you.
I'm not sure what you mean by swallowing notifications but the screen turning on is a setting under Notifications or something like that. Also, my phone's OP gets automatically updated every few months bringing nice little improvements here and there. You need to allow those updates somewhere in the Settings and maybe that'll fix your swallowed notifications issue.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:55 am

seen an interview with argentina's president macri on bloomberg. my god is hat guy is living in fantasy land, and swallowing his own lies. very argentinan.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

Space Cat

Post by Space Cat » Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:45 am

at46 wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:08 am
Space Cat wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:14 pm
Right, my wife got a Xiaomi and it keeps swallowing notifications and turning screen on randomly. Google’s privacy stance is getting worse and worse meanwhile, they are approaching Facebook’s level of evilness.

We’ll just go for the cheapest iPhone next time. I have SE right now and it has produced zero problems in two years. Also Apple isn’t an ad company, so they don’t gather as much data from you.
I'm not sure what you mean by swallowing notifications but the screen turning on is a setting under Notifications or something like that. Also, my phone's OP gets automatically updated every few months bringing nice little improvements here and there. You need to allow those updates somewhere in the Settings and maybe that'll fix your swallowed notifications issue.
These are bugs: some notifications are not displayed and the screen turns on by itself when the phone is resting on the table. I’ve had similar little annoying issues with Samsung, Motorola, and LG running Android but never with iOS or Windows Phone devices.

The other problem is that most of Android devices don’t receive new OS version and security updates after 2-3 years while Apple is pushing updates to all devices for at least 5 years.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:28 pm

funny story. you anti-fiat money guys will love this.

battery on my safe died. lost the extra key to open it. finaly needed to get in to it to get some documents. mostly it is dumping ground for things that "might" be important someday, and all those extra keys i can not recall what they go to.

so out came the angle grinder with a cut off blade.

so, after nearly burning the contents with angle grinder (good thing i dont own a blow torch, because the safe started really smoking), in the safe i found a wallet that i collect money left over from my trips to various countries. i always hang on to a bit of the local currency, just in case i ever make it back, emergencies, and just the fun of the memories associated with the trip.

among bills from all over the world, i found some argentinan pesos. i have not been to argentina since at least before kristiana took over (mostly in protest of the fee they charge people born in the u.s.a). so like 12+ years ago it was worth about $20 u.s., mas o menos.

what is it worth today?

way less than $1 u.s. dollar

on the up side, my chinese rmb are worth about exactly what they were when i left china about 18 years ago.

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:38 pm

fyi, no gold in the safe.

HybridAmbassador

Post by HybridAmbassador » Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:10 pm

I was ROTFL when watching Trumpster's UN conference speech. Beginning with his usual self adulation then the rest...Oh and he arrived 30 minutes late!
https://youtu.be/vPbeM2Q6NWg?t=5887
HybridAmbassador. Toyota Hybrid system for helping climate change.

passport

Post by passport » Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:09 am

I was ROTFL when watching Trumpster's UN conference speech. Beginning with his usual self adulation then the rest...Oh and he arrived 30 minutes late!

I watched most of the long version of the speech, with your comment in mind. Really, I didn't get the same impression at all. Yes - he touted his accomplishments. But he did it to use them as an example of what the benefits of getting off the globalization wagon can be. He told all the representatives they should make each of their own countries great again. It was very much about not yielding national sovereignty to unelected global governing bodies. If this is a misconcept, please explain.

nwdiver

Post by nwdiver » Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:05 pm

passport wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:09 am

I watched most of the long version of the speech, with your comment in mind. Really, I didn't get the same impression at all. Yes - he touted his accomplishments. But he did it to use them as an example of what the benefits of getting off the globalization wagon can be. He told all the representatives they should make each of their own countries great again. It was very much about not yielding national sovereignty to unelected global governing bodies. If this is a misconcept, please explain.
You lost me at "he touted his accomplishments" what has he accomplished besides being the funniest President ever?
It's all about the wine.

HybridAmbassador

Post by HybridAmbassador » Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:35 pm

passport wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:09 am

One thing. I wish that Trumpster succeed on breaking the PRC's making China great again dream. If he fails, then the master yellow race will be the "new standard of the world" Oh and remember Bloomburg news that reported, _The attack by Chinese spies reached almost 30 U.S. companies, including Amazon and Apple, by compromising America’s technology supply chain, according to extensive interviews with government and corporate sources._

In 2015, Amazon.com Inc. began quietly evaluating a startup called Elemental Technologies, a potential acquisition to help with a major expansion of its streaming video service, known today as Amazon Prime Video. Based in Portland, Ore., Elemental made software for compressing massive video files and formatting them for different devices. Its technology had helped stream the Olympic Games online, communicate with the International Space Station, and funnel drone footage to the Central Intelligence Agency. Elemental’s national security contracts weren’t the main reason for the proposed acquisition, but they fit nicely with Amazon’s government businesses, such as the highly secure cloud that Amazon Web Services (AWS) was building for the CIA.https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features ... nd=premium
HybridAmbassador. Toyota Hybrid system for helping climate change.