Searching for best projects.. Opinions Please?

Chile Investment, how to invest in Chile, what to watch out for when investing, economic issues, currency exchange in Chile, and more.
Aymen

Re: Searching for best projects.. Opinions Please?

Post by Aymen » Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:05 pm

[/quote]

Please bear in mind that Chile, ie Santiago is swarming with English language institutes of all levels, and in the case of the larger ones that insist on native speakers, they do not need to import teachers, as there is already an excess of them . Similarly with all types of consulting firms, you would be up against the big players with internationally recognised reputations.
[/quote]

Hmmmmm really tough thing to know...

Then I've to dig deeper for good and creative idea, in addition to search market more carefully...

Aymen

Post by Aymen » Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:11 pm

fraggle092 wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:48 pm
Sorry, but anyone with a good (and legal) idea for making money in this country would not air it on a public forum.
As soon as any interesting new opportunity appears, shoals of copycats spring up offering the same at a lower price.

Success here seems to usually involve a hefty initial capital outlay, and even that guarantees nothing, as there are many traps for the unwary.

I would check out what the Indians and Chinese get up to in Iquique, in the Zona Franca. They seem to operate outside the Chilean establishment.
You are right, but I didn't mention anything that maybe stolen... the exclusive deals that i've are already exclusive, my English teaching way, which hopefully creative, didn't mentioned.. So nothing to be afraid of.

Also, I've huge experience in running business, and I don't fear loss, as long as I learn something :)

I try to be optimistic here, because I don't want to hate a country before I visit, especially if I (MAY) plan to settle in in the future.

Thank you

at46

Post by at46 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:28 pm

fraggle092 wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:48 pm
Sorry, but anyone with a good (and legal) idea for making money in this country would not air it on a public forum.
As soon as any interesting new opportunity appears, shoals of copycats spring up offering the same at a lower price.

Success here seems to usually involve a hefty initial capital outlay, and even that guarantees nothing, as there are many traps for the unwary.

I would check out what the Indians and Chinese get up to in Iquique, in the Zona Franca. They seem to operate outside the Chilean establishment.
Yep, yep, yep, and then Bingo! Just a gut feeling though.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:38 am

Yea the goverment killed pretty much all fly by night start-up english schools some years ago when they cracked down on sence acredidation and insisted to qualify you had to have ISO certification. About 3/ 4 of the english schools went out of biz over night. Companies wont contract with a school that is not sence, because the goverment wont pay them for the classes. The goverment has progressivly made it harder to enter the market since then, and english teacher need to do more than speak english to teach.

Even at that it is a small over saturated market.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:43 am

The bigger head scratcher is that the OP was issued an investor visa without a buisness plan of some sort, by a chilean embassy.

That sounds like trouble come perment residency time.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

Julito

Post by Julito » Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:00 am

We recently had a Chilean guest from Santiago who had all the right English teaching qualifications from the US and she couldn't find work, it's a flooded market.

Depending on when you arrive in Chile I can connect you with a qualified interpreter (Spanish, English and French) who will be moving back to Santiago from Valdivia a little later in the year.

Space Cat

Post by Space Cat » Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:22 am

Yes, we have some immigrants from the US/UK working in the universities here. There are also Concepción and Talca to check for teaching jobs because they have strong universities.

Aymen

Post by Aymen » Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:53 am

admin wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:38 am
Yea the goverment killed pretty much all fly by night start-up english schools some years ago when they cracked down on sence acredidation and insisted to qualify you had to have ISO certification. About 3/ 4 of the english schools went out of biz over night. Companies wont contract with a school that is not sence, because the goverment wont pay them for the classes. The goverment has progressivly made it harder to enter the market since then, and english teacher need to do more than speak english to teach.

Even at that it is a small over saturated market.
Thank you boss for the info...
That really almost close most potentials to teach English ... then I left with ideas of consulting and Training... BUT, these ideas only first thoughts, I'm sure when I come i'll find much more projects... Chile is growing and there are a lot of openings in countries with smaller economy and potentials.

Aymen

Post by Aymen » Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:02 pm

admin wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:43 am
The bigger head scratcher is that the OP was issued an investor visa without a buisness plan of some sort, by a chilean embassy.

That sounds like trouble come perment residency time.
No my friend, they asked me about the business plan and I provided one (Food cooking, which still in my mind) BUT I was very clear in the interview, I told them asking for a business plan for a country that I don't know about it is not a right way to ask.. you can ask about my bank account, my incomes, how much assets I've to guarantee that I'll not be a load on the country.. they said my talk is right :D :D

Any how, studying the culture and meeting people will change everything..

How can I meet people in Chile, for example is there meetings, workshops, agencies that help expat,..etc... I'm sure by seeing the culture and meeting people will make everything much easier and clearer.

Aymen

Post by Aymen » Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:03 pm

Julito wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:00 am
We recently had a Chilean guest from Santiago who had all the right English teaching qualifications from the US and she couldn't find work, it's a flooded market.

Depending on when you arrive in Chile I can connect you with a qualified interpreter (Spanish, English and French) who will be moving back to Santiago from Valdivia a little later in the year.
Very nice,

I'll need a translator.. of course i'll compare between different offers, generally i'll need more than one, because I'm planning to visit most of Chile during these 2 months.

Aymen

Post by Aymen » Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:04 pm

Space Cat wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:22 am
Yes, we have some immigrants from the US/UK working in the universities here. There are also Concepción and Talca to check for teaching jobs because they have strong universities.
How much the teacher take per course (for example 8 hours/week for 4 weeks)?

41southchile

Post by 41southchile » Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:53 pm

Forget English teaching or consulting that market is flooded. You mentioned you are in Saudi Arabia ? I would be learning everything you can about irrigation and how they manage to do it there, their technology and efficient use of scarce water is light years ahead of what they are doing in Chile, shit the way the things are going, the government will probably give you money to try and help them with their water issues and wasteful inefficient use of it around the central valley
In the Lakes Region Chile for 6 years. It looks like New Zealand in some ways, and is nearly at the bottom of the world too, but there the similarities end.