Searching for best projects.. Opinions Please?

Chile Investment, how to invest in Chile, what to watch out for when investing, economic issues, currency exchange in Chile, and more.
paladin

Re: Searching for best projects.. Opinions Please?

Post by paladin » Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:47 pm

I regularly buy dates and other imported driec fruits at very reasonable prices. I wish you luck with SAG !

Aymen

Post by Aymen » Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:30 pm

Thank you Paladin,

Please, how much is price for 1 kilo?

at46

Post by at46 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:04 pm

Aymen wrote:
Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:30 pm
Thank you Paladin,

Please, how much is price for 1 kilo?
https://nuevo.jumbo.cl/datiles-alto-la- ... -100-g-2/p

Aymen

Post by Aymen » Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:38 pm

One Kilogram = 9900 Peso, this is very very expensive, its about 59 Saudi Rial. I can sell almost 50% less.

Good news... Thank yo uat46

41southchile

Post by 41southchile » Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:12 pm

Aymen wrote:
Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:38 pm
One Kilogram = 9900 Peso, this is very very expensive, its about 59 Saudi Rial. I can sell almost 50% less.

Good news... Thank yo uat46
Be aware that is from Jumbo the most expensive supermarket chain in Chile, I don't know what they cost in the markets but imagine like most things they would be a lot cheaper than the supermarket, also remember there is a good size population of decendants of people from the Middle East. Turcos, they call them and I imagine they would have that market pretty much sewn up, having been doing in for decades no doubt.
In the Lakes Region Chile for 6 years. It looks like New Zealand in some ways, and is nearly at the bottom of the world too, but there the similarities end.

Aymen

Post by Aymen » Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:06 pm

Very nice note...

I think my visit will show me all these things...

Do you know if I will find a translator to be with me whole day or per hour and how much he/she may cost??

dmwbmw2

Post by dmwbmw2 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:22 pm

Best price i have seen is 6.990 CP per kilo.

David_Bro

Post by David_Bro » Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:24 pm

While I wish you the best of luck in working out your business and beyond that, I am the first to say I am not always right-----but Chileans are very monolithic in their buying decisions-----apart from new technology in cars, cell, phones and electronics----its hard for me to imagine Chileans will depart from what they usually buy for the week-----really dates and other mid-east products are a niche product the population in Chile will not support unless there is some takeover of domestic view for a season but then it will only be for that season and fade (like a music video)
----while Santiago has a very large Arab and middle eastern derived populace, I don't think its enough to support a business with what you are talking about------in addition, the Arab community is very tight and been in place for decades and they have their own preferred domestic supply or external supply that is their "GO TO" situation and they lean on it hard with no consideration for something new------Btw, try La Serena as there is a very large mid-east family base there that runs everything.

###

Aymen

Post by Aymen » Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:40 pm

dmwbmw2 wrote:
Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:22 pm
Best price i have seen is 6.990 CP per kilo.
About 41.5 Saudi Rial... very good for me :D
Even if I ship small quantity at first still can be sold less than that, and I think much better quality.

What about perfumes??

What kind of them Chilean prefer?

Aymen

Post by Aymen » Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:44 pm

David_Bro wrote:
Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:24 pm
While I wish you the best of luck in working out your business and beyond that, I am the first to say I am not always right-----but Chileans are very monolithic in their buying decisions-----apart from new technology in cars, cell, phones and electronics----its hard for me to imagine Chileans will depart from what they usually buy for the week-----really dates and other mid-east products are a niche product the population in Chile will not support unless there is some takeover of domestic view for a season but then it will only be for that season and fade (like a music video)
----while Santiago has a very large Arab and middle eastern derived populace, I don't think its enough to support a business with what you are talking about------in addition, the Arab community is very tight and been in place for decades and they have their own preferred domestic supply or external supply that is their "GO TO" situation and they lean on it hard with no consideration for something new------Btw, try La Serena as there is a very large mid-east family base there that runs everything.

###
Thank you very much for your reply.

I think I reached close to your opinion, but I'm waiting to see myself to double check.

I still can open Training and Consulting company + E-marketing agency...

I already has exclusive deals with international institute and a consulting company, in addition to my experience in marketing + new technologies that I think that they didn't spread wide in Chilean market yet.

For me first year I need only to transfer the TE to PR, then I can make any business work If I work on it myself full time, i'm not worry about that..

David_Bro

Post by David_Bro » Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:47 pm

Just copied this same post from a new member topic i just commented in and it applies here:

In an out of Chile since 84 as a US passport holder with US family in Chile since about 1948-----You can find anything in Chile you are looking for----not easy for those extreme items and it takes legwork to find it----buts it's there. Honestly what is behind finding things in Chile is that as a consumer very few Chileans are on the edge of creating something new so there is no path----on the other hand there is plenty of business going on in Chile, and that there aggressive Chilean business types to see the need and work it out------but they don't necessarily advertise there goods and services like what is done in the US----so you have to hunt them down----have been to planet of Chilean supplier of goods that are fine to service only 5 clients and because those buyers buy so much they don't bother----and again coupled with a business environment where risk and adventure are so dangerous, no one else searches out what other services could be done with those niche products. In Chile, its all about connections and what they can do for you and what you can do for them-----Its probably two years if not more on the ground for a foreigner to make headway where you can make a call and have any hope of headway to what you are looking for------Landing in Chile with a big bag of money can be a huge help but while Chileans are on to this, its not everything and money can't buy your way in where its just instant success-----its getting into to all those tiny creases, canyons and cracks of relationships that put you on the start block=====Don't make the mistake to avoid this-----and its everything from the women that cleans the house, the taxi driver, the mesero up to the banker, the judge, the lawyer and the cops-----Chile is an all in game

###

Aymen

Post by Aymen » Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:53 pm

Wow, very very nice advises, really appreciate that.

I don't have a lot of money, now, to invest in Chile, as most of my money in Indonesia and Malaysia.

But I think my eagerness and experience will do well in case I decided to dedicate for those projects, which I will in case I sense potential success.

I'm agreeing with you about relation... for that I'm looking from now everywhere and asking everyone, I plan to meet every possible person who have time..either in office or to drink coffee.

I'm really exciting about this