Cashing a cheque

Chile Investment, how to invest in Chile, what to watch out for when investing, economic issues, currency exchange in Chile, and more.
dmwbmw2

Re: Cashing a cheque

Post by dmwbmw2 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:24 pm

OK I know a Little more. The check arrived at my daughters old apt in Santiago and rather than sending it to Canada her old roommates Chileexpressed it to me in Conce, and I just got it.

It doesnt require her to deposit it in an account, but it does state that she has to cash it at Banco del estado.

It doesnt have o al portador, just to her

The tesorería website says their cheques have to be cashed in 60 days or there is a very long complex process to get it reissued, and it says the first step is peronally showing up with a valid carnet.

So i guess my doubt now is if she shows up at Banco del Estado with her Passport which matches all four of the name son the cheque, will they pay it without seeing a carnet? Her carnet number does not appear on the cheque itself but it does on the attached paper.

If she needs a link between her carnet and herself will the consulate or Extranjeria issue some sort of document or can she reapply for temp residence and get a in tramite paper showing her carnet number?

I wish it were possible to get a straight answer from a bank, the consulate or Extranjeria but of course even thinking this might be possible is ludicrous.

thisisreallycomplicated

Post by thisisreallycomplicated » Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:56 pm

dmwbmw2 wrote:
Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:24 pm
The tesorería website says their cheques have to be cashed in 60 days or there is a very long complex process to get it reissued, and it says the first step is peronally showing up with a valid carnet.
Could you post a link to the tesorería web page(s)?
“Now it’s conspiracy – they’ve made that something that should not even be entertained for a minute, that powerful people might get together and have a plan. Doesn’t happen, you’re a kook, you’re a conspiracy buff!” – George Carlin

thisisreallycomplicated

Post by thisisreallycomplicated » Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:13 pm

Did you look at this (it's a video in Spanish):
http://www.tesoreria.cl/info/ayuda/inde ... na-natural
?
It says this:
En caso de dudas puede comunicarse con nuestro Contact Center: (02) 2768 9800, servicio disponible de lunes a viernes entre 08:30 y 18:30 horas.

If this is relevant to your situation, you could try calling them, and hope for a straight answer. They're open for another 15 minutes today.

This is some other stuff from that page, and I think it says you have 5 years to get it resolved:
El siguiente video informativo le indicará como realizar la revalidación de un cheque fiscal emitido por Tesorería, ya sea porque está caducado, deteriorado o mal extendido, debe acercarse a nuestras oficinas con el cheque a revalidar, su cédula de identidad y llenar el Formulario “Solicitud de Reemplazo de Cheque” que puede descargar de nuestro sitio web o solicitar en nuestras oficinas de atención.

Le recordamos que el plazo para revalidar tu cheque es de 5 años desde la fecha de emisión y que la vigencia para ser cobrado es de 60 días.
“Now it’s conspiracy – they’ve made that something that should not even be entertained for a minute, that powerful people might get together and have a plan. Doesn’t happen, you’re a kook, you’re a conspiracy buff!” – George Carlin

dmwbmw2

Post by dmwbmw2 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:38 pm

Thanks, this is very helpful.

Jamers41

Post by Jamers41 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:14 pm

Gloria wrote:
Thu May 31, 2018 4:43 pm
dmwbmw2 wrote:
Thu May 31, 2018 4:14 pm
Wow, you are tough!
I believe in pampering children and giving them love when they are very young but when they grow old enough to understand what life's all about and can fend for themselves, the pampering is over. Believe me, they won't think the same way when you are old, decrepit, pennyless and cannot fend for yourself...they won't hesitate to send you to a home.
Hey something I agree upon with Gloria........what do you know?