Chile's Place in Latin America

Chile Investment, how to invest in Chile, what to watch out for when investing, economic issues, currency exchange in Chile, and more.
eeuunikkeiexpat
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Re: Chile's Place in Latin America

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Sat May 05, 2018 3:38 pm

Chile only has deep "deep" reserves. In the ground, undeveloped, unmined, unrefined, not reserve quality unless a lot of resources put into it.

I have long advocated since the beginning of this forum that they diversify their USD reserve fund in NYC towards gold, but not holding my breath...

Barring the neocons and the I country getting us into a civilization ending nuke war or some kind of worldwide natural disaster, Chile will earn its share as the main southern SA entry point for the One Belt One Road plan of the new world economic order after USD crashes.
Generally, just a SPAM KILLER. You are on your own in this forum. My personal mission here is done.

BUT when necessary, by way of ridicule and truth revelation we shalt do war.

--eeuunikkeiexpat

mem

Post by mem » Sat May 05, 2018 3:42 pm

nwdiver wrote:
Sat May 05, 2018 3:26 pm
mem wrote:
Sat May 05, 2018 2:42 pm
What the heck...

I just looked at south american gold tonnage reserves

Chile has 0.2 tons
Most other countries like peru, argentina, Ecuador, brazil, etc have at least 30 tons, some over 50. Wow

Chile is way begind the curve...shocked argentina has so much gold tonnage
Chile has copper reserves ;) ............

I believe the "gold standard" is so last millenia
Sure there is copper, and chile does have some small level of raw gold and silver mining, but im not sure that is par for countries with dozens or hundreds of tons of fine gold bars. In terms of total tracked reserves it seems only fiat, equities, bonds, and gold tonnage qualify as contributing to a countries reserves.

Speaking of copper...i have been collecting and saving the 10 peso, old 50 peso, and old 100 peso since they are almost all copper. I spend the new 100's and new 500's since they have less copper in them. It is a longshot that one day the price of copper may make these all copper coins worth more in melt than the face value, but its not hard to just set them aside in a piggy bank or 10.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sat May 05, 2018 4:19 pm

Chile has a well documented streak of gold that runs the entire base of the andies. I know a few places in chile where you can pick it up off the ground, no tools required.

At one point back when the price of gold was climbing, and there was a sudden intrest in developing chile's gold reserves, chile was set to be the 5th largest producer in the world. When the price is right, chile will go get it.

The need for gold reserves is a function of economic and political instability.

Strangly chile still one of the biggest gold exporters in south america. Lots of that illegally mined gold from the surrounding countries gets washed through chile.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

nwdiver

Post by nwdiver » Sun May 06, 2018 4:13 pm

admin wrote:
Sat May 05, 2018 4:19 pm
Chile has a well documented streak of gold that runs the entire base of the andies. I know a few places in chile where you can pick it up off the ground, no tools required.

At one point back when the price of gold was climbing, and there was a sudden intrest in developing chile's gold reserves, chile was set to be the 5th largest producer in the world. When the price is right, chile will go get it.

Strangly chile still one of the biggest gold exporters in south america. Lots of that illegally mined gold from the surrounding countries gets washed through chile.
Gold is also a by product of the copper smelting system.........
It's all about the wine.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sun May 06, 2018 4:28 pm

I wonder wich side of the u.s. / china trade war chile and latin america are going to side with:

http://www.globaltimes.cn/content/1099295.shtml

I see brazil is ticked after the
U.s. trade negotiators suddendly ended the negotiations with an ultimatum, while the white house was sayinv that a deal had been reached with brazil:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa- ... SKBN1I31ZD

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

nwdiver

Post by nwdiver » Sun May 06, 2018 4:39 pm

admin wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 4:28 pm
I wonder wich side of the u.s. / china trade war chile and latin america are going to side with:

http://www.globaltimes.cn/content/1099295.shtml

I see brazil is ticked after the
U.s. trade negotiators suddendly ended the negotiations with an ultimatum, while the white house was sayinv that a deal had been reached with brazil:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa- ... SKBN1I31ZD
I think trade negotiations are just going to continue until the next administration, NAFTA was suppose to be finished last year.....Pumpkinhead threatened to pull out repeatedly but didn't.......the US will lose more than Canada or Mexico, and now they realize the fact, not like the fake facts PH throws around when talking to foreign heads of state.....
It's all about the wine.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sun May 06, 2018 4:42 pm

nwdiver wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 4:13 pm
admin wrote:
Sat May 05, 2018 4:19 pm

Gold is also a by product of the copper smelting system.........
Chile has the new white gold: lithium

Seems also a good deal of fun stuff like cobalt, iron, etc.

Basically chile has a bit of everything that goes in an eletric cars, batteries, and pretty much the entire modern economy.

Think the lack of gold mining in chile is a function of there is a lot easier and more profitable things to mine.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sun May 06, 2018 4:52 pm

Yea the trump trade war will be the final nail in the coffine of the u.s. economic dominance, and everything else it dominates depends on that economic power.

A stat that slapped me in the face the other day. In 1950, the u.s. controlled almost 50% of the global wealth. It is estimated to be about 15% now, altbough i have seen some conflicting stats that it is around 25%. In any case, it is a whole lot less.

The u.s. stands to loose a lot more than the world overall, both in the short and long run. Prior to the 2008 collapse, perhaps the u.s. could have thrown its weight around, but after the financial crisis there was some serious unhooking from the u.s. economy by most of the world. The u.s. is still important, just not essential anymore. Even if it is not, trump will fix that shortly with a tweet.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon May 07, 2018 8:41 am

4.6% growth in the chilean economy in march.

https://www.df.cl/noticias/economia-y-p ... 82540.html

mem

Post by mem » Mon May 07, 2018 12:11 pm

That is interesting about lithium,cobalt, etc

I agree, if there is a surge in the price of gold perhaps chile will make an effort to extract the raw ore versus having fine gold bars stockpiled currently in reserves.

I have always thought Chile will side with China. China is already a more prolific trading partner for Chile in my view. China can benefit from the raw ore and produce that Chile can export to them, while Chile relies on them for some refining, vehicles, electronics, tools, (such as they are)

eeuunikkeiexpat
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Mon May 07, 2018 12:28 pm

And help in financing transport - trans-Andean rail, roads, tunnels; rail infrastructure PGE and Valpo to Santiago and onwards to the former; PGE, the entry point of OBOR to southern SA and perhaps the main one to western South America.

As I said before the election, Chile needs leadership that can play the game with the Empire till the USD falls while keeping the options open to the new multi-polar world economic order.
Generally, just a SPAM KILLER. You are on your own in this forum. My personal mission here is done.

BUT when necessary, by way of ridicule and truth revelation we shalt do war.

--eeuunikkeiexpat

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon May 07, 2018 12:48 pm

If I made a list of American Made or owned companies and products I can not live without now, or there is no functional equivalent, the list would probably be pretty short.

30+ years ago, when I left the United States for good, it was much longer. The few I have bought in recent years, have been very very disappointing quality and price. Even then the ones I still buy, most only have a made in the USA label on them. It is fairly easy to cut out the middle man.