First Chilean job offer

Chile Investment, how to invest in Chile, what to watch out for when investing, economic issues, currency exchange in Chile, and more.
scandinavian

Re: First Chilean job offer

Post by scandinavian » Sat May 05, 2018 10:53 pm

If they are hiring you to set up an IT business and only offering 1.2, then I think they are low balling you. Unless there is equity involved...

manivel43

Post by manivel43 » Sat May 05, 2018 11:59 pm

Hi all, thanks a lot for ur feedback. Really appreciate it.
After going thru all ur valuable info, I am now just considering to rent out a room in an apartment for the first few months and after a while will be renting an apartment once I get used to the circumstances there.

One of my friends recommended nunoa or providencia for renting out a room for around 400 usd per month. I did negotite with my employer for the salary and they are willing to offer me 1.6 million Chilean pesos. Will that be sufficient enough?

Can anyone tell me about the tax rate for the salary there? So I can calculte my nett salary.

jamie_m

Post by jamie_m » Sun May 06, 2018 12:19 pm

Have a read through this thread for all the tax rates etc.

viewtopic.php?t=16393

manivel43

Post by manivel43 » Wed May 09, 2018 11:11 pm

Thanks a lot guys for your kind info.
I was chatting with one of my friends yesterday and he told me that it is not that safe in santiago like sometime ago.
According to him, he was waiting at a bus stop for his public bus and all of a sudden, 3 local guys approached him with knives and asked him for something in spanish. He didnt understand spanish and he started running. They were chasing him till a certain distance and he reached the main road, the stopped chasing him and fled the place. It is kinda scary to imagine what would have happened had he not ran from there. Does it really happen like this ? he also said, snatching and car breaking is getting common nowadays. He lives in providencia, btw. it happened close to his house.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu May 10, 2018 10:05 am

Yea, there is an increase in recent years in high-profile viliont crime in santiago, but also because it is relatively new chileans flip out about it. They also are notoriously clueless about personal safty, and how to adjust to it.

For example, Dont hang out at bus stops at night in central santiago. Dont let anyone corner you. Just Standard personal safty crap.

If it was really as bad as chileans make it sound, you would not see women walking alone at 2 or 3 in the morning on relatively empty streets, with all kinds of jewlery on, purses, cell phones, etc.

On the bright side, if you apply a little bit of basic safty, the thieves have lots of easier targets around.

Certain richer communes have their own private police, community panic buttons and neighborhood watches, etc, etc.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

manivel43

Post by manivel43 » Thu May 10, 2018 11:07 pm

admin wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 10:05 am
Yea, there is an increase in recent years in high-profile viliont crime in santiago, but also because it is relatively new chileans flip out about it. They also are notoriously clueless about personal safty, and how to adjust to it.

For example, Dont hang out at bus stops at night in central santiago. Dont let anyone corner you. Just Standard personal safty crap.

If it was really as bad as chileans make it sound, you would not see women walking alone at 2 or 3 in the morning on relatively empty streets, with all kinds of jewlery on, purses, cell phones, etc.

On the bright side, if you apply a little bit of basic safty, the thieves have lots of easier targets around.

Certain richer communes have their own private police, community panic buttons and neighborhood watches, etc, etc.
Hi Admin,

Thanks for the tip. Appreciate it.
It will be of greater assistance if i can get some website names or applications for renting a room.
Could you please advise me any ?

Jaggg

Post by Jaggg » Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:51 pm

manivel43 wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 11:07 pm
admin wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 10:05 am

Hi Admin,

Thanks for the tip. Appreciate it.
It will be of greater assistance if i can get some website names or applications for renting a room.
Could you please advise me any ?
There's toctoc.com portalinmobiliario.com or mercadolibre.cl, anyway, don't trust most Chileans when they talk about crime in Santiago, people here think that they live in Afghanistan and when you ask them, so you've been robbed recently? 80% of them say, no, but i have a friend who...

PS: 1.6 million CLP is a really nice salary here.