Vina & China

Chile Investment, how to invest in Chile, what to watch out for when investing, economic issues, currency exchange in Chile, and more.
jamie_m

Re: Vina & China

Post by jamie_m » Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:10 pm

This is not a real estate site, I see nowhere in it's title property or investing. Take it for what it is. If you don't like it or our level, make like a shephard and get the flock out of here.

El Chupacabra

Post by El Chupacabra » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:46 am

lol....I think PX took you all for a ride and you played into it.
Living the life!

dmwbmw2

Post by dmwbmw2 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:09 am

No, definitely wasn't PX. You just had to look at this same peckerheads posts on Roosh to know it wasn't PX.

An entertaining interlude at any rate.

Julito

Post by Julito » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:10 am

Going back to the original thread...

It would seem the Chinese real estate investors are arriving to some degree. An Australian mate dropped in last night. He and his wife recently completed construction of a very large tasteful home out beyond Pucon. It was recently listed for sale on an international real estate website. The first party to inspect it was a China based Chinese businessman looking for a home to live in 6 months of the year. He's also looking for 200 hectares of land to grow malki for freeze drying and export.

The mate asked him why is he looking at Chile. Because it's still cheap compared to the traditionally popular places for the Chinese to park their money. He claimed to know numerous other Chinese who are looking at Chile as somewhere to invest in metropolitan housing and rural properties with food production potential.

newman50

Post by newman50 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:53 am

I think the very suitable city for the persons who are wealthy and ambitious Santiago must be.

Jamers41

Post by Jamers41 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:02 pm

Julito wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:10 am
Going back to the original thread...

It would seem the Chinese real estate investors are arriving to some degree. An Australian mate dropped in last night. He and his wife recently completed construction of a very large tasteful home out beyond Pucon. It was recently listed for sale on an international real estate website. The first party to inspect it was a China based Chinese businessman looking for a home to live in 6 months of the year. He's also looking for 200 hectares of land to grow malki for freeze drying and export.

The mate asked him why is he looking at Chile. Because it's still cheap compared to the traditionally popular places for the Chinese to park their money. He claimed to know numerous other Chinese who are looking at Chile as somewhere to invest in metropolitan housing and rural properties with food production potential.
Malki? Never heard of it............or perhaps maqui? That stuff is yummy, although I can never find a drink with it that doesn't also have sucralose or sweeteners that I don't want.

nwdiver

Post by nwdiver » Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:04 pm

The thing that will prevent the Chinese from flooding to Chile is the banking system.......and thier need to know where every dollar comes from, they can't answer the many questions the money doesn't arrive........after all they are laundering money not investing.

Many were borrowing in China, investing the money overseas then going bust in China and moving overseas, not so much anymore but the Chinese banks are chasing some thousands of properties in Canada bought by borrowers who never even serviced the loans as it was often outright fraud.........
It's all about the wine.

41southchile

Post by 41southchile » Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:39 pm

nwdiver wrote:
Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:04 pm
The thing that will prevent the Chinese from flooding to Chile is the banking system.......and thier need to know where every dollar comes from, they can't answer the many questions the money doesn't arrive........after all they are laundering money not investing.

Many were borrowing in China, investing the money overseas then going bust in China and moving overseas, not so much anymore but the Chinese banks are chasing some thousands of properties in Canada bought by borrowers who never even serviced the loans as it was often outright fraud.........
Been lot of outright fraud cases over the last decade or so, if you have netflix watch the "The China Hustle" many ma an pa investors in US, lost a lot of money there from Chinese Fraud, which dodgy fund managers in US either didnt know of or were in on it, or at the least kept quiet when the truth was coming out. Interesting watch.
Comuna Loncotoro Lakes Region Chile

newman50

Post by newman50 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:02 am

41southchile wrote:
Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:39 pm
nwdiver wrote:

Been lot of outright fraud cases over the last decade or so, if you have netflix watch the "The China Hustle" many ma an pa investors in US, lost a lot of money there from Chinese Fraud, which dodgy fund managers in US either didnt know of or were in on it, or at the least kept quiet when the truth was coming out. Interesting watch.
Not everyone are all like that as what you say. Very some of them are honest businessmen, just like those English aboard Mayflower. Those Chilumbuses are looking for their new world. Chinese economy has ballooned bigger and frightened most of us.
Some of my friends closed their business for years and one of them has been in the USA as immigration with his family. Another one has not so much money and is preparing to sent his little son to America.
Although most the stories on the newspaper are all realities and the point is that we the rest are victims. The economy is very fragile. It becomes harder.

41southchile

Post by 41southchile » Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:03 pm

newman50 wrote:
Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:02 am
41southchile wrote:
nwdiver wrote:

Not everyone are all like that as what you say. Very some of them are honest businessmen, just like those English aboard Mayflower. Those Chilumbuses are looking for their new world. Chinese economy has ballooned bigger and frightened most of us.
Some of my friends closed their business for years and one of them has been in the USA as immigration with his family. Another one has not so much money and is preparing to sent his little son to America.
Although most the stories on the newspaper are all realities and the point is that we the rest are victims. The economy is very fragile. It becomes harder.
I wasn't trying to say everyone was like that, I guess I was just showing that when Chinese do fraud, they do it on a big scale and because of the wests naive thinking and misreading of China and thinking they understood their way of operating a lot of people and companies have lost a lot in China. That's All🤔. I have no doubt there some are honest business men out there.
Comuna Loncotoro Lakes Region Chile

newman50

Post by newman50 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:14 am

41southchile wrote:
Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:03 pm
newman50 wrote:
Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:02 am
41southchile wrote:
nwdiver wrote:

I wasn't trying to say everyone was like that, I guess I was just showing that when Chinese do fraud, they do it on a big scale and because of the wests naive thinking and misreading of China and thinking they understood their way of operating a lot of people and companies have lost a lot in China. That's All🤔. I have no doubt there some are honest business men out there.

I agree with you for the most you say. En idioma chino, we call it 禮崩樂壞,that means the society is sick. More persons do wrong without shame. It makes us feel impotence. Many people immigrate giving up their social support only for their kids.
The Economist called it the biggest flood of immigration since 1930s. Who knows? Maybe it is just at the beginning and the whole world has already frightened. That's the problem for the world, for me too.