An Experiment in Importing Bicycles

Chile Investment, how to invest in Chile, what to watch out for when investing, economic issues, currency exchange in Chile, and more.
admin
Site Admin

Re: An Experiment in Importing Bicycles

Post by admin » Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:21 pm

I would work up a fixed price to sell them to him. Whatever he makes above, that more power to him.

Partnerships are the root of all evil. They can ruin a good business, even better friendships, and mix family in to it .... :fire:
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

JHyre

Post by JHyre » Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:29 pm

I would work up a fixed price to sell them to him. Whatever he makes above, that more power to him.
That is exactly the arrangement we have settled on here in the US. We buy cheap enough that there's plenty of upside for us, the middleman, and the buyer. We'll likely do the same in Chile. We just made a nice contact, more guys who import into Chile. Also some people looking for income in the US on rental real estate. From what they have seen, Chilean rental property does not produce much income per dollar of purchase price. They also said Chilean eviction laws are not favorable. From what I have seen, rental rates on Chilean property are low compared to cost. I have no real sense of eviction laws there. Evicting in Columbus, OH is pretty easy, usually about a month + $600 or so in court & lawyer costs.
Partnerships are the root of all evil. They can ruin a good business, even better friendships, and mix family in to it .... :fire:
Truer words are rarely uttered. I have seen it personally and vicariously via clients. It's a marriage, minus the sex, but with a strong F'ing still quite possible. I am not a fan of partnerships in general - granted, I am biased based on painful personal experience and, frankly, my personal inability to tell the difference between someone's potential and what they will actually do. I know others who are better judges of character than I who do well with partnerships.

In any event, best to do business with "not-family" and probably "not-friends" as well. Less to loose (e.g. - the relationship), and one is much more likely to set and follow boundaries appropriate for business as opposed to the much looser boundaries that often apply to friends & family.

John Hyre

Rhodolite

Post by Rhodolite » Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:58 pm

I join the chorus: There are no friends in business.

jamie_m

Post by jamie_m » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:23 pm

Rhodolite wrote:I join the chorus: There are no friends in business.
And if there are, they won't be for long :)