Chile Peso 2017, starts at 665.29

Chile Investment, how to invest in Chile, what to watch out for when investing, economic issues, currency exchange in Chile, and more.
eeuunikkeiexpat
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Re: Chile Peso 2017, starts at 665.29

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:09 am

If everything does indeed hinge on the status of the USD, then everything indeed will hinge on the FATE and ACTIONS of the new POTUS.

The dollar amazingly strengthened to levels that even the experts never imagined upon the election and aftermath of the election of DT.

Now imagine if Trump were removed.
There are two ways to be fooled.

One is to believe what isn't true;

the other is to refuse to believe what is true.

- Søren Kierkegaard

JHyre

Post by JHyre » Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:52 pm

And God knows, the entire establishment is working hard to bring him down. Press, bureaucracy, intel agencies, the hatred and fear are palpable. I've got my issues with the man, but ALL the right people hate him. I think I will send more checks.

John Hyre

john

Post by john » Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:23 pm

at46 wrote:
gregf wrote:I've been in chile since Oct 2008, and remember very well how much $450-$480 CLP exchange rates sucked! Though this sustained 600+ rate now has been chugging for awhile, and I'm starting to wonder if 600 might be a safe number to plan on for the next 1-2 years...

Interesting info on house vs apartment buying here. We won't buy til the end of the year, if we do, if we are going to stay long term. Does no one think prices will come down significantly in near future? In the span of 3-4 years from like 2011-2014 prices pretty much doubled. Rents have come down a bit in the last 12 months. Prices seem to have come down a tiny bit on buying too.
I've counted ten cranes from my balcony in Concón today. And it looks like there's gonna more here soon coz they've just fenced off three new construction sites. The returnees from California are ecstatic to see prices five times cheaper here for comparable apartments. I just keep my fingers firmly crossed :)
It's no secret that the key to successful purchase of real estate (anywhere) is location, location, location...which is the real reason why those Californians are ecstatic. :wink: My prediction is that apartment prices in less desirable locations will decrease in value by year-end.
One must care about a world one will not see.
--- Bertrand Russell

at46

Post by at46 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:28 pm

john wrote:My prediction is that apartment prices in less desirable locations will decrease in value by year-end.
You'd have to be more specific before you can call that a prediction.

john

Post by john » Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:02 pm

at46 wrote:
john wrote:My prediction is that apartment prices in less desirable locations will decrease in value by year-end.
Okay, they will fall by at least 10%. :)
--- Bertrand Russell

at46

Post by at46 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:22 pm

john wrote:
at46 wrote:
Sorry, that still doesn't sound like a "true prediction". Are you being a little too "economical" with your prognosis?

john

Post by john » Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:28 pm

at46 wrote:
john wrote:
at46 wrote:
Sorry, that still doesn't sound like a "true prediction". Are you being a little too "economical" with your prognosis?
That's my prediction...take it or leave it.
:)
--- Bertrand Russell

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:11 am

Stop the presses.

The head of codelco just had an explosive sent to his house today. I think his wife and house keeper were injured. Codelco, although not loved by many, is not currently in any labour disputes. It might be pointed out that in the mining industry having licenses and skills in explosives is pretty common. So suspects range from miners to far left wing anarchist crowd. Hell, perhaps some hedge fund got upside down on a trade and needec a quick fix.

If that gets traction in the international news, there might be a serious spike in copper next week.

Perhaps bachelet sent it in hopes of saving her legacy.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

MJSaywell

Post by MJSaywell » Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:15 am

admin wrote:Stop the presses.

The head of codelco just had an explosive sent to his house today. I think his wife and house keeper were injured. Codelco, although not loved by many, is not currently in any labour disputes. It might be pointed out that in the mining industry having licenses and skills in explosives is pretty common. So suspects range from miners to far left wing anarchist crowd. Hell, perhaps some hedge fund got upside down on a trade and needec a quick fix.

If that gets traction in the international news, there might be a serious spike in copper next week.

This was all over the news on the radio yesterday afternoon, I just looked on Emol quickly and saw no mention of it whatsoever, presume the maid and head of codelco are fine and/or they want to keep it quiet. Edit sorry I did find an article burried in there

at46

Post by at46 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:26 pm

MJSaywell wrote:
admin wrote:Stop the presses.

This was all over the news on the radio yesterday afternoon, I just looked on Emol quickly and saw no mention of it whatsoever, presume the maid and head of codelco are fine and/or they want to keep it quiet. Edit sorry I did find an article burried in there
I read it on English news somewhere so it might still make a bit of a splash. Copper was up 1.76% yesterday, maybe that was it.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:25 am

well, not sure if this is copper, trump, or fire induced, but

1 USD =643.161CLP
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

eeuunikkeiexpat
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:32 am

US Dollar Index broke back down below 100 this past week around the time of the MSM frenzy around the immigration order (remember it had been a long time since the dollar was above 100 for an extended period of time which commenced with Trump's surprise election win). That and the strength of copper and perhaps my feeling that someone knows something...
There are two ways to be fooled.

One is to believe what isn't true;

the other is to refuse to believe what is true.

- Søren Kierkegaard