Transferring money

Chile Investment, how to invest in Chile, what to watch out for when investing, economic issues, currency exchange in Chile, and more.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Transferring money

Post by admin » Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:19 am

Huelshoff wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:15 am
eeuunikkeiexpat wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:07 am
Remember, you will need proof/origin of funds before they are cleared for your use in Chile by the executive in charge of this at the bank.
Could you please elaborate on this? I have transferred a couple of hundred thousand USD to my account at Banco de Chile over the past year, and have used only a small part of the funds. The bank has never asked me anything about the source of my funds, although they do know about one of my pensions (the money has been coming from another pension fund). Yet I am about to buy a parcela, and will need a Vale Vista for a big chunk of it soon. Is there some amount of withdrawal that sets off the alarm bells at the bank?
If the money has already cleared you are fine.

The money laundering review is sometimes a random sample of all wires, unless there os something that flags the finds (e.g wiring from a know money laundering or tax haven, etc).
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

Huelshoff

Post by Huelshoff » Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:22 am

admin wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:19 am
Huelshoff wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:15 am
eeuunikkeiexpat wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:07 am
Remember, you will need proof/origin of funds before they are cleared for your use in Chile by the executive in charge of this at the bank.
Could you please elaborate on this? I have transferred a couple of hundred thousand USD to my account at Banco de Chile over the past year, and have used only a small part of the funds. The bank has never asked me anything about the source of my funds, although they do know about one of my pensions (the money has been coming from another pension fund). Yet I am about to buy a parcela, and will need a Vale Vista for a big chunk of it soon. Is there some amount of withdrawal that sets off the alarm bells at the bank?
If the money has already cleared you are fine.

The money laundering review is sometimes a random sample of all wires, unless there os something that flags the finds (e.g wiring from a know money laundering or tax haven, etc).
Great. Thanks for the clarification. Sometimes I feel like a child who thinks he is in a playground but its really a mine field.

alextrombone

Post by alextrombone » Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:45 am

admin wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:17 am
alextrombone wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 6:51 am
How would one go about getting money from my U.K. account into a Vale Vista for a notary when buying a property. Is it possible to do this via Transferwise?
No. You need a bank account.

Would a bank account of say, my wife, be OK? I’ve just got a Cuenta Rut which is obviously useless for this kind of thing (I’ve tried opening other accounts but no dice).

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:52 am

alextrombone wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:45 am
admin wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:17 am
alextrombone wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 6:51 am
How would one go about getting money from my U.K. account into a Vale Vista for a notary when buying a property. Is it possible to do this via Transferwise?
No. You need a bank account.

Would a bank account of say, my wife, be OK? I’ve just got a Cuenta Rut which is obviously useless for this kind of thing (I’ve tried opening other accounts but no dice).
Don't know. Depends how much you trust your wife. :lol:

Sorry, could not resist.

Yea, In most cases should be fine. Might want to check with her bank executive to make sure there is nothing on their end.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

alextrombone

Post by alextrombone » Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:03 pm

Thanks!