There she blows!!! 600 CLP to the dollar, nov. 21, 2014

Chile Investment, how to invest in Chile, what to watch out for when investing, economic issues, currency exchange in Chile, and more.
GJJIM

Re: There she blows!!! 600 CLP to the dollar, nov. 21, 2014

Post by GJJIM » Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:35 pm

No worries, Chile can borrow whatever money it needs to support the price of copper and stabilize the exchange rate. That is how "modern" economies generate "growth" and "wealth". So jump on board, follow the path of progress and soon you will have a Starbucks on every corner, a Goldman Sachs approved Presidente, and a national debt where it should be, ~ 120% of GDP. :D

john

Post by john » Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:14 pm

GJJIM wrote:No worries, Chile can borrow whatever money it needs to support the price of copper and stabilize the exchange rate. That is how "modern" economies generate "growth" and "wealth". So jump on board, follow the path of progress and soon you will have a Starbucks on every corner, a Goldman Sachs approved Presidente, and a national debt where it should be, ~ 120% of GDP. :D
Your sarcasm is showing! :)
One must care about a world one will not see.
--- Bertrand Russell

eeuunikkeiexpat
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:18 am

Incredible! Someone has a foot on the mouse's tail or something? Copper in the doldrum high 2.70s and the USDI above a whopping 92 and CLP seems stuck at 615ish even sinking a bit (strengthening) during the recent trading day.
There are two ways to be fooled.

One is to believe what isn't true;

the other is to refuse to believe what is true.

- Søren Kierkegaard

eeuunikkeiexpat

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:21 am

Deja vu on this thread. Someone is playing time machine God here. NA, must be my imagination.

- Søren Kierkegaard

bobserb

Post by bobserb » Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:39 am

Here is the reason: :"Chile's trade surplus for the first nine months of the year climbed to $6.25 billion, a nearly fivefold increase over the same period in 2013, the Central Bank said Tuesday." They had over 8 billion surplus at the end of year.
http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/news/2 ... -to-63-bn/

El Lechero

Post by El Lechero » Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:34 pm

heres a more up to date one, look at the fantastic result for Deember, double projections and triple december 2013, the dollar is helping exporters, and lower fuel prices. Chile is still in a strong position and with exports set to grow. Copper in value has not declined much according to the first article posted? Plenty of potential still to increase those exports.

http://www.tradingeconomics.com/chile/balance-of-trade

eeuunikkeiexpat

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:39 pm

And remember the group of former central bankstas report (middle of last year I think) saying Chile will be one of the big fallers in the very near future?

I called bunk on it and still hold to it. It was a signal to their buds and an intentional attack on Chile due to Chile warming to the BRICS.

- Søren Kierkegaard

JHyre

Post by JHyre » Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:28 am

Contra view from a Mauldin guest writer, indicating I'd should have taken the January bet. Of course, those who dismiss anything written by a Pawn of the Banksters need not read any further:
Let me share something that Jawad expressed as he and I were communicating about some of our similarities and differences:

My view about the US dollar is “different” from yours, John, in the following sense. There is zen-like certainty about a stronger dollar due to the Fed’s hiking rates and US economic outperformance. I prove that Fed rate hiking has historically led to a weaker, not a stronger dollar and argue that the dollar rally is cyclical, not structural, and will soon end. Both conclusions are contrary to what the majority expects in 2015 and beyond. The consensus is misinformed of history in my view and is wrongly reading fundamentals and technicals. I expect the US dollar to be lower on a one- and three-year time frame versus most currencies, except against the yen. Relative to expectations and views held by the [rest of the] Mauldin team, I’m more optimistic about Europe, Japan, and China. I think both Japan and China are implementing the correct policy responses and are headed in the right direction, and that Europe is not facing a major deflationary b ust, and all is not lost. The risk of EM contagion is also way over-hyped in my view, as are the implications of a reversal in cross-border flows. US stock outperformance versus the rest of the world should end sometime in 2015 and will coincide with the peak in the US dollar, which will ultimately result in higher gold and commodity prices and even inflation readings. Therefore I am bearish on the US dollar for at least the next two years.

Jawad
John Hyre

eeuunikkeiexpat

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:37 am

What I find interesting in those long paragraph to multiple paragraph professional expert sounding tracts is not one mention of the BRICS or of the wider game where these events are occurring. And no mention of black swans or that they could be wrong. Such certainty, I wonder if they have any bet money riding on their forecasts.

- Søren Kierkegaard

JHyre

Post by JHyre » Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:26 pm

Short quote. Lots of uncertainty in full article, openly admitted, black swans mentioned, fracking among them.

John Hyre

eeuunikkeiexpat

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:47 pm

I was more referring to the former central banksta article and the original Maudlin article where he promoted it.

- Søren Kierkegaard

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:21 pm

well, we seem to be finding a new normal, at least for a while. I don't mind so much the peso moving, as long as it is short steady moves. the rocket from 500, was a little disturbing. I can live with a 600 to 620 price range.

On a bright note, got my first tank of diesel for 22,000 pesos and change the other day.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.