CuentaRUT story

Chile Investment, how to invest in Chile, what to watch out for when investing, economic issues, currency exchange in Chile, and more.
zer0nz

Re: CuentaRUT story

Post by zer0nz » Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:38 am

OooOoO so, it takes "2 hours" for there system to update, so will try again this afternoon to see if it is magically working... looks like the banco estado facebook page is helpfull, not the only one moaning, and they also said to call the internet help line!

Im happy that everyone else has these problems and im not alone :)

Andres

Post by Andres » Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:57 am

Just a thought:
The "system" you created to pay bills in Chile might work while you are here, but then get stuffed up after you leave.
Perhaps it might be wise to give a Power of Attorney to someone you trust to do things regarding your Banco Estado account while you are not in Chile.
There might be something which needs to be done in person in order to "debug" your account after you leave.
Chile: My expectations are low. Very low.
I accept chaos. I'm not sure whether it accepts me.

eeuunikkeiexpat
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:03 pm

Andres wrote:Just a thought:
The "system" you created to pay bills in Chile might work while you are here, but then get stuffed up after you leave.
Perhaps it might be wise to give a Power of Attorney to someone you trust to do things regarding your Banco Estado account while you are not in Chile.
There might be something which needs to be done in person in order to "debug" your account after you leave.
Good point. But my wife's account has worked beautifully without a hitch in all functions for nearly two years now. Just do not ever mess up by entering an incorrect clave multiple times which would indeed require a physical visit to fix.
There are two ways to be fooled.

One is to believe what isn't true;

the other is to refuse to believe what is true.

- Søren Kierkegaard

zer0nz

Post by zer0nz » Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:08 pm

eeuunikkeiexpat wrote:
Andres wrote:Just a thought:
Good point. But my wife's account has worked beautifully without a hitch in all functions for nearly two years now. Just do not ever mess up by entering an incorrect clave multiple times which would indeed require a physical visit to fix.
Been on phone to bancoestado, the internet people said the account people didn't set the account up right, so i have to go into the bank,

Im now pretty much in the frame of mind that i'm going to abandon the idea of banco estado, empty the account out over the need week and have my work collect my unemployment payouts manually and then send them to me with moneygram

zer0nz

Post by zer0nz » Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:36 am

Woohooo,

So another day another hour in banco estado, a different branch

Got a chilean whose Wife studied in New Zealand so he was super helpful and wanted to chat!

So heres his take on the problem.

1) if you have a temporary visa and not a PD you can not make transfers.
2) the person who opened my account marked i was a on a Temp visa and not PD
3) the system allows the bank to give out cards for the transfer, but they will not work if you are marked in the system as person with a temp visa
4) to fix the problem he has taken copies of my carnet and has to send them to a special department that will verify that i have PD, once that happens he will email me to inform me i can make transfers!

Sounds right? he seems the most knowledgeable so far!

Donnybrook

Post by Donnybrook » Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:57 am

Sounds right. Clerical error and banks go together like a horse and carriage.

Andres

Post by Andres » Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:26 pm

zer0nz wrote: 4) to fix the problem he has taken copies of my carnet and has to send them to a special department that will verify that i have PD, once that happens he will email me to inform me i can make transfers!

Sounds right? he seems the most knowledgeable so far!
Assuming you trust them not to make a mistake. Ha ha ha.
Oh, golly . . . . you are doing this because they made a mistake!!
Chile: My expectations are low. Very low.
I accept chaos. I'm not sure whether it accepts me.

zer0nz

Post by zer0nz » Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:31 pm

I JUST PAID MY BILLS ONLINE USING THE SERVIPAG CONVENIO!

Its working :)!!!!!

Webpay seems to get an error tho everytime i try to use it fromt he servipag website, i still need to pay my vtr account!

eeuunikkeiexpat

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:16 pm

zer0nz wrote:I JUST PAID MY BILLS ONLINE USING THE SERVIPAG CONVENIO!

Webpay seems to get an error tho everytime i try to use it fromt he servipag website, i still need to pay my vtr account!
Yeah, for webpay you sometimes need to try multiple times, at different times, on different browsers and other times it works the first time. I usually use the link on the VTR site and choose BancoEstado directly instead of going through SeriPag.cl

One thing that amazes me about the Chilean webpay system is that I've never had a screwup like a double charge. Truly amazing (for Chile) realtime system.

- Søren Kierkegaard

zer0nz

Post by zer0nz » Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:18 pm

eeuunikkeiexpat wrote:
zer0nz wrote:I JUST PAID MY BILLS ONLINE USING THE SERVIPAG CONVENIO!

Yeah, for webpay you sometimes need to try multiple times, at different times, on different browsers and other times it works the first time. I usually use the link on the VTR site and choose BancoEstado directly instead of going through SeriPag.cl

One thing that amazes me about the Chilean webpay system is that I've never had a screwup like a double charge. Truly amazing reatime system.
yep, just did that for VTR and Chilelectra!

eeuunikkeiexpat

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:14 pm

Just accessed ServiPag.cl and then the CuentaRUT from Colombia to recharge a Movistar Chile SIM. Worked like normal.

- Søren Kierkegaard