CuentaRUT story

Chile Investment, how to invest in Chile, what to watch out for when investing, economic issues, currency exchange in Chile, and more.
peter

Re: CuentaRUT story

Post by peter » Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:51 pm

Thanks! I might do it when I will feel like doing tramites again... Maybe next week when I go take the driver's license test.

zer0nz

Post by zer0nz » Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:40 pm

Im trying to open a cuentarut with the perfectly built banco estado website, anyway, i have no idea if the form subited properly or not, i have not recieved a email from them,

So im assuming no...

anyway,

Has anyone had experience opening a cuentarut with banco estado Online and/or Offline recently?

I would like to confirm the process and the speed i will be up and running with internet transfers and a debit card?

Thanks

peter

Post by peter » Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:27 pm

Go to the branch!

- refuse any insurance offered to you, it's not mandatory, contrary to what they will claim.
- make sure to get Clave Transferencias (to make transfers)
- make sure to activate Tercera Clave
- make sure they activate your debit card for Chilean online payments

If you are lucky, account will be opened the same day and card and transfers will work the next day.
If you won't get lucky, some of the features will never work.
I still can't pay online with my CuentaRUT card. Like top up my prepaid phone.

Andres

Post by Andres » Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:41 pm

zer0nz wrote:Has anyone had experience opening a cuentarut with banco estado Online and/or Offline recently?
I opened a BancoEstado cuentaRUT account in late 2012.
When I went into a branch in Santiago metro area, they told me to do it online. I did it online.
Within a couple of weeks I received a package in the post, then had to go into a branch to activate the account.
I have used it to make domestic transfers and receive domestic transfers, but have not attempted to do either internationally.
Chile: My expectations are low. Very low.
I accept chaos. I'm not sure whether it accepts me.

zer0nz

Post by zer0nz » Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:51 pm

Andres wrote:
zer0nz wrote:Has anyone had experience opening a cuentarut with banco estado Online and/or Offline recently?
I opened a BancoEstado cuentaRUT account in late 2012.
When I went into a branch in Santiago metro area, they told me to do it online. I did it online.
Within a couple of weeks I received a package in the post, then had to go into a branch to activate the account.
I have used it to make domestic transfers and receive domestic transfers, but have not attempted to do either internationally.
Did it online 3 or 4 times now, website doesn't work, or if it did work i didn't get any email or web confirmation... im guessing its broken!

did you get a email confirmation when you did it

JHyre

Post by JHyre » Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:18 pm

HybridAmbassador

Post by HybridAmbassador » Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:13 pm

peter wrote:Go to the branch!

- refuse any insurance offered to you, it's not mandatory, contrary to what they will claim.
- make sure to get Clave Transferencias (to make transfers)
- make sure to activate Tercera Clave
- make sure they activate your debit card for Chilean online payments

If you are lucky, account will be opened the same day and card and transfers will work the next day.
If you won't get lucky, some of the features will never work.
I still can't pay online with my CuentaRUT card. Like top up my prepaid phone.

Hello Peter-san, still PM stuck in my send message, please read it, sent last week to you.
HybridAmbassador. Toyota Hybrid system for helping climate change.

Andres

Post by Andres » Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:14 pm

zer0nz wrote:Did it online 3 or 4 times now, website doesn't work, or if it did work i didn't get any email or web confirmation... im guessing its broken!
did you get a email confirmation when you did it
Sorry, I do not recall.
Chile: My expectations are low. Very low.
I accept chaos. I'm not sure whether it accepts me.

zer0nz

Post by zer0nz » Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:58 pm

thx

Donnybrook

Post by Donnybrook » Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:10 am

Son did one about 3 years ago. He couldn't get online to work, went in to bank, opened it, they sent a letter with his card, they got his name wrong on the card. He gave up. Good luck!

zer0nz

Post by zer0nz » Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:22 am

Back from the bank,

The website kinda worked, my data was in the system, i signed and thumbprinted the contract

I got to the bottem of the insurance...

If you want the card on the spot, they make you take out insurance so that they can make some money for there time.. otherwise its not worth it for the person in the bank to screw around with you.

If you dont want the insurance, then you have to wait for the card by mail,

She told me if the card didnt turn up, i can go to servi estado and get a card for 1000 pesos... she said 10 - 15 days im going to presume working days,

anyway, if its not here in wednesday 2 weeks from now i will go get a replacement card, then i will start getting the internet and transfer passwords and cards sorted out.

update: account is open, i can get tot he request password part on the website, but i cant reset the password without the card in my hand, was hopping to force my way into the account!

nate22re

Post by nate22re » Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:06 pm

I went in early this morning (10 a.m.) and took a number. I was shocked to see that I was next?!?! The lady got to me 5 minutes later and I explained that I could not submit an application online as I don't have my mothers last name as part of my legal name. Entered all of the info again into the system and signed and thumb prints on lots of paper. She asked if I was going to use it with atms or with internet and I said "todo" She disappeared for 10 minutes and returned with all of the claves that have been mentioned here. I spent 25 minutes total with the woman and I think I got everything I need. By the time I left the branch there were at least 10 people grumpily waiting in line.

I feel like I lucked out. I still need to test everything and make sure it works, but i think it will ( fingers crossed) My girlfriend (Chilena) went in and got a cuenta rut this week as well. She got shuffled between different branches and ended up waiting over 5 hours to do everything. Thank you allchile folks who helped me plan my strategy for today.

I did get the insurance but I am thinking about canceling it . . .

Any idea why a 12 year old girl can get a cuenta rut and a 12 year old boy can't and has to wait until he is 14? not that i need to worry about it but the discrepancy in ages seems odd.