CuentaRUT story

Chile Investment, how to invest in Chile, what to watch out for when investing, economic issues, currency exchange in Chile, and more.
User avatar
peter
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 152
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:03 am

Re: CuentaRUT story

Post by peter » Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:23 pm

Story continues :)

Clave Dinamica - the plastic card with codes to do interbank transfers or use the RedCompra card online doesn't work.

I was supposed to activate it online, but when I do it: ERROR: El número de serie ingresado no corresponde a su tarjeta.
So I called the customer support. They told me I have to call the branch tomorrow during business hours.
So I send the lady an email on the address she has on her business card :) let's see if she responds. That would be cool to know a banker who responds to emails.

User avatar
peter
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 152
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:03 am

Re: CuentaRUT story

Post by peter » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:45 am

Lady responded to my email and fixed my account! Awesome!
I think I will buy her a chocolate or something!

I was able recharge my phone using a RedCompra for the first time (it doesn't work with my CuentaRUT, I always get some error)
Success!

User avatar
peter
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 152
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:03 am

Re: CuentaRUT story

Post by peter » Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:32 pm

I went to the branch today and gave the lady a chocolate :)
The guy from BCI Nova never called.

HybridAmbassador
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 3804
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:19 pm

Re: CuentaRUT story

Post by HybridAmbassador » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:26 pm

peter wrote:I went to the branch today and gave the lady a chocolate :)
The guy from BCI Nova never called.
peter-san, You are the _can do men in Chile_..When I would be needing help to establish myself, I will be ringing you, your perseverance is tenacious, in pursuit of perfection!
HybridAmbassador. Toyota Hybrid system for helping climate change.

User avatar
zer0nz
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 5779
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:46 am
Location: Lost!
Contact:

Re: CuentaRUT story

Post by zer0nz » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:32 pm

HybridAmbassador wrote:
peter wrote:I went to the branch today and gave the lady a chocolate :)
The guy from BCI Nova never called.
peter-san, You are the _can do men in Chile_..When I would be needing help to establish myself, I will be ringing you, your perseverance is tenacious, in pursuit of perfection!

i think peter took what we have always said... it will happen, just need to try the same things 1000 times a sligthly different (or sometimes the same) way!

User avatar
eeuunikkeiexpat
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 7641
Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2006 1:38 am
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Re: CuentaRUT story

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:07 pm

Youth = Energy = Success (in Chile) as long as the candle that fuels the fire does not burn out

KUDOS to the kid (joven)
There are two ways to be fooled.

One is to believe what isn't true;

the other is to refuse to believe what is true.

- Søren Kierkegaard

User avatar
zer0nz
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 5779
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:46 am
Location: Lost!
Contact:

Re: CuentaRUT story

Post by zer0nz » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:20 pm

eeuunikkeiexpat wrote:Youth = Energy = Success (in Chile) as long as the candle that fuels the fire does not burn out

KUDOS to the kid (joven)

he hasn't discovered the wine yet... 2012 Sav Blanc Carmenere = fantastic

User avatar
peter
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 152
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:03 am

Re: CuentaRUT story

Post by peter » Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:30 pm

Today I saw a poster in Falabella: with any purchase in Falabella related stores (sodimac, tottus, etc.) paid by Falabella issued card, you can buy tickets to cinema for 1490 pesos. So I bought one to try it. The printer at the checkout didn't work properly and didn't print the coupon. The lady was clueless so she called a supervisor and the supervisor called another supervisor and when they were 3 they finally printed out the coupon. So I went to see Barrio Universitario which is Chilean comedy. There was nothing in English (or Czech, haha), so If I had to watch something in Spanish, let it be Chilean. It was pretty bad, but I laughed couple of times :) and I didn't understood all the Chilean slang, so I might have missed couple if jokes... It was my second Chilean movie, first being NO and so far I am not impressed by Chilean cinematography

Anyway this was the first perk that came with my new account :)

rositakhan
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 62
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:51 am
Location: Santiago

Re: CuentaRUT story

Post by rositakhan » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:04 am

Peter,

Serious props for getting through that in a positive mood! my banker writes and responds to emails too, it kinda freaks me out (in a good way)! I would not have had the stamina to do all that, I wussed my way through getting my bank account and thankfully didn't have any snags..

On the topic of Chilean cinema, I've only seen a few films, but really enjoyed them: La Nana and Que Pena Tu Vida were both great social commentary. Try those out :)

User avatar
peter
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 152
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:03 am

Re: CuentaRUT story

Post by peter » Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:56 pm

Update:

The boss from the local BCI Nova branch called me yesterday. It took him couple of day but he did.
He told me over the phone that they approved my request and I can open Cuenta Vista with them........ and then he told me the requirements.
1. Cedula
2. Work contract
3. Certificate of residency - WTF??

Me: I don't have any certificate.
Him: you should have one
Me: no, I don't... I have sticker in my passport, that have the same information like my cedula
Him: Oh, so we have to investigate this and come up with another thing I guess.
Me: Thank you

And I hang up.

User avatar
zer0nz
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 5779
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:46 am
Location: Lost!
Contact:

Re: CuentaRUT story

Post by zer0nz » Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:03 pm

If you have a Carnet that is valid... you have residency... to get your carnet you need a certificate form the PDI.. to get your certificate from the PDI you need the stamp in the passport

ANYWAY....

the work contract is not a requirement of BCI Nova, it doesn't state this on there website at all. i would lodge a complaint with the people in Santiago.... or sernac on behalf of all extranjeros mwahahahah

Seems to be that these branches outside of Santiago have absolutely NO idea!
peter wrote:Update:

The boss from the local BCI Nova branch called me yesterday. It took him couple of day but he did.
He told me over the phone that they approved my request and I can open Cuenta Vista with them........ and then he told me the requirements.
1. Cedula
2. Work contract
3. Certificate of residency - WTF??

Me: I don't have any certificate.
Him: you should have one
Me: no, I don't... I have sticker in my passport, that have the same information like my cedula
Him: Oh, so we have to investigate this and come up with another thing I guess.
Me: Thank you

And I hang up.

User avatar
zer0nz
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 5779
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:46 am
Location: Lost!
Contact:

Re: CuentaRUT story

Post by zer0nz » Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:05 pm


Post Reply