what happens if your late with your cars revision technica?

Chile related Travel issues, where to go and not to go, what it cost, and anything else to get you there and back in ALL OF CHILE.
thisisreallycomplicated

what happens if your late with your cars revision technica?

Post by thisisreallycomplicated » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:50 pm

Is there a fine? Additional paperwork? Jail time? I have one more day. But I'm trying to prioritize a lot of urgent things, the most important being my sick dog who requires lots of my time/attention right now. And my paperwork from when I bought my car never got here (most of my mail has this problem for some reason), but that's another problem. Has anyone here been late with this before? Thanks.
“Now it’s conspiracy – they’ve made that something that should not even be entertained for a minute, that powerful people might get together and have a plan. Doesn’t happen, you’re a kook, you’re a conspiracy buff!” – George Carlin

griffin

Re: what happens if your late with your cars revision techni

Post by griffin » Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:01 pm

I don't think anything bad happens unless you either are pulled over/in an accident without a current RT, but you can't get your 2013 registration/permiso de circulation sticker in March without it. The revision tecnica place can't prove you were driving it during the late period other than to bring it in to them. Last time I was there I didn't see any warnings about bad things that would happen if you are late. Not authoritative obviously.

Groschi

Post by Groschi » Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:03 pm

I was told that you only get a fine while driving without Permiso de Circulación is a much more serious thing.

In the last 2 month I was at the revision tecnica in both Coquimbo and La Serena, things went fine with our camper in Coquimbo and also very fast (but in the middle of the month) after that with our trailor in La Serena also without any problems and the last one was this month also in La Serena and I didn't pass because the number plate light didn't work, f... them.
It took us about 8.7min. to get one new bulb and for me to put it in but I had to wait an extra half our for the f...ers to
come and check it and finally give me the new sticker.

Wish you luck whenever you have time to go there.

Saludos del valle.

Groschi

thisisreallycomplicated

Post by thisisreallycomplicated » Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:16 pm

Thanks, it sounds like I should be ok then. And they're within walking distance from my house, so I could claim I pushed it there:) I might be able to get there tomorrow, if they're open until 5. And maybe the documentation I have will be enough.
“Now it’s conspiracy – they’ve made that something that should not even be entertained for a minute, that powerful people might get together and have a plan. Doesn’t happen, you’re a kook, you’re a conspiracy buff!” – George Carlin

Mateo77

Post by Mateo77 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:29 pm

Drove around without revision tecnica and permiso circulacion for about 2 months, lucky I didnt get pulled up as I hear they take that kind of seriously. Although was a hassle renewing the RT again.

thisisreallycomplicated

Post by thisisreallycomplicated » Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:06 pm

Mateo77 wrote:Drove around without revision tecnica and permiso circulacion for about 2 months, lucky I didnt get pulled up as I hear they take that kind of seriously. Although was a hassle renewing the RT again.
Was there a lot of extra stuff to do because it was late?

I haven't even looked yet at the expiration dates for all the other stuff. :|

jehturner

Post by jehturner » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:40 pm

I once did it maybe 3 weeks late by mistake. It didn't cause any problems but I'm sure it will if the police stop you.

James.

jehturner

Post by jehturner » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:42 pm

Groschi wrote:It took us about 8.7min. to get one new bulb and for me to put it in but I had to wait an extra half our for the f...ers to come and check it and finally give me the new sticker.
You were lucky. I had the same thing in LS and it took a couple of hours while the person forgot about me, then finally they just took my word that I'd changed the bulb :roll:. I think I might try Coquimbo next time as I'm nearby now and have suspected them of messing me around in LS on more than one occasion; good to hear you got on OK there.

susiedillon

Post by susiedillon » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:38 am

Our RT expires in June each year - during the time we are out of the country - by the time we get back - Oct/ Nov , 4 to 5 months later we are seriously overdue. But so far, touch wood, we have never had a problem getting the new RT. We do however, do it immediately that we return . No driving around for days or weeks with an expired RT for us , just a beeline to the RT and then we can continue on with our lives.

thisisreallycomplicated

Post by thisisreallycomplicated » Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:36 pm

I decided to go today, and almost turned around and came back home when I saw the line. But I stayed, and I think they accepted the paperwork I had. But I have to get something fixed on one of my back brakes (something about a 40% difference regulation, not exactly sure what it means though), and take it back within 15 days. So I won't know for sure if my paperwork was ok until then.

ABIII

Post by ABIII » Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:43 am

I've seen mobile car crushers parked next to Carabineros checking for expired RT

/you have been warned
Based in Chile - 1990
Lake District - 2009

ABIII

Post by ABIII » Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:45 am

but seriously folks...

my newer car usually doesn't get stopped for stop checks,
my much older pickup does,
but that has all its papers up to date
all the time
which surprises the cops sometimes