AA now senses your IP location

Chile related Travel issues, where to go and not to go, what it cost, and anything else to get you there and back in ALL OF CHILE.
eeuunikkeiexpat
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

AA now senses your IP location

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:52 pm

Just took the majority of the day to book two award segments BECAUSE

the AA site seems to want you to have a Chilean credit card if it senses you are accessing from Chile (it auto prices in CLP) DESPITE

your address of record is set for the US, the credit card of record has a US address AND you choose the USA site as the site to initiate your session.

Had to use a US proxy to finally book the stinking tickets.

Thank God I just used the last of my AA miles on a company where customer service has already crashed. FYI, the AA web services section has been outsourced and can no longer perform the miracles of the past.

RIP
There are two ways to be fooled.

One is to believe what isn't true;

the other is to refuse to believe what is true.

- Søren Kierkegaard

Putenio

Re: AA now senses your IP location

Post by Putenio » Sun Mar 27, 2016 6:53 pm

Thanks for the heads up!

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:37 am

yea, I have gotten to the point that I make sure, when booking LAN flights, that to the last second they are not bait and switching me on to AA through their one world program. I pay for LAN, I want LAN. Not some company that should have been put out of its misery by the markets 20 years ago.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

T_ROBO

Post by T_ROBO » Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:04 pm

The new website has been up for quite some time.

Don´t worry, it (the website) might detect your location, but it is not sophisticated: if you try to set it to memorize your preferences (country of origin and preferred language) it will not be able to remember what you set the next time you go back to the same website :-) (it happened with both Internet Explorer and Edge)

About a month ago I tried to pay with my Chilean credit card (Santander Worldmember MC) and everything went well until the final step of clicking the accept button, the website flashed the message that it encountered some error (I repeated this procedure with different computers, different browsers, and got the same result). It worked fine with the US credit card :-)

TP