Solution for buying bus ticket RUTless and remotely

Chile related Travel issues, where to go and not to go, what it cost, and anything else to get you there and back in ALL OF CHILE.
eeuunikkeiexpat
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Solution for buying bus ticket RUTless and remotely

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:09 pm

Info is from a post on the TA Chile forum. I also noticed this was a StartUp Chile operation:

http://www.recorrido.cl/en

If you have a PayPal account, you can buy Chile bus tickets RUTless and remotely. You can bypass their still idiot webpage RUT requirement by putting in nine nines for your RUT which will get you to the PayPal payment page.

Would like RUTless non-WebPay capable forumites to post their experience with this site.
There are two ways to be fooled.

One is to believe what isn't true;

the other is to refuse to believe what is true.

- Søren Kierkegaard

GJJIM

Re: Solution for buying bus ticket RUTless and remotely

Post by GJJIM » Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:30 am

What, they don't take Bitcoin? :D PayPal might work for a week or two, but my guess is they will soon "fix" this issue by doing an address check on the PP account. That is how they reject foreign credit cards, even with a valid RUT.

Is it possible the police and bus companies see this issue in a different light than the starry-eyed tourist trying to snatch that upper level cama seat?

john

Post by john » Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:46 pm

GJJIM wrote:
Is it possible the police and bus companies see this issue in a different light than the starry-eyed tourist trying to snatch that upper level cama seat?
Just what I was thinking. :|
One must care about a world one will not see.
--- Bertrand Russell

HybridAmbassador

Post by HybridAmbassador » Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:10 pm

Just give me the "Premium Cama" reclinable to 180 degrees..Suave!
Warm dinner and Wi-Fi, the rest is just fringe benefit!
US$76.00 Santiasco~Puerto Varas, dirty cheap at today's CLP/USD..Here I come soon hoping.....
HybridAmbassador. Toyota Hybrid system for helping climate change.

eeuunikkeiexpat
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:13 pm

But HybridAmbassador-san, one does not need to use a web site if you already have friends inside the country to make a purchase!

Plus, that would be some nice puntos for those of us signed up to frequent bus traveler programs because we are not RUTless. :P
There are two ways to be fooled.

One is to believe what isn't true;

the other is to refuse to believe what is true.

- Søren Kierkegaard

john

Post by john » Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:47 pm

HybridAmbassador wrote:Just give me the "Premium Cama" reclinable to 180 degrees..Suave!
US$76.00 Santiasco~Puerto Varas, dirty cheap at today's CLP/USD..Here I come soon hoping.....
Looks like we might be "ships passing in the night" again. When are you planning to leave California for Chile? I'm leaving for San Francisco next Wednesday and won't be back in Chile until the first week in April.
--- Bertrand Russell

HybridAmbassador

Post by HybridAmbassador » Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:59 pm

john wrote:
HybridAmbassador wrote:Just give me the "Premium Cama" reclinable to 180 degrees..Suave!
Looks like we might be "ships passing in the night" again. When are you planning to leave California for Chile? I'm leaving for San Francisco next Wednesday and won't be back in Chile until the first week in April.
1st back home then to south america trip. Woohoo! so perhaps get to acquaint the afamed john-san -finally, here in S.F. perhaps?
Please give me a holler once you settle back in, willing to cross the bay bridge for the occasion!
HybridAmbassador. Toyota Hybrid system for helping climate change.

john

Post by john » Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:09 pm

HybridAmbassador wrote:
john wrote:
1st back home then to south america trip. Woohoo! so perhaps get to acquaint the afamed john-san -finally, here in S.F. perhaps?
Please give me a holler once you settle back in, willing to cross the bay bridge for the occasion!
Thanks, look forward to having the opportunity to meet you in person. I'll send you a PM after I settle in to arrange a get together.
--- Bertrand Russell