Touring continent, need a van on November 3, 2018.

Chile related Travel issues, where to go and not to go, what it cost, and anything else to get you there and back in ALL OF CHILE.
EmmyandBrad

Touring continent, need a van on November 3, 2018.

Post by EmmyandBrad » Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:51 am

Our research concludes we must buy a van in Chile to drive in and out of other countries. We arrive in Buenos Aires on November 3,and are likely to fly to Santiago immediately to swiftly acquire a vehicle. Our Spanish-speaking ability will be refined moreso once we get there, but for now we would like assistance in English. We may seek out Suzi Santiago to help us, but are now still exploring options. Looking for a reliable vehicle that can do a four month adventure, preferably one that has the ability to sleep and be lived in. We need to be in Peru by November 15. Please reach out if you have anything in mind. Thank you!

Emmy & Brad

dmwbmw2

Re: Touring continent, need a van on November 3, 2018.

Post by dmwbmw2 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:35 am

The phrases
to swiftly acquire a vehicle.
Our Spanish-speaking ability will be refined moreso.
Looking for a reliable vehicle

all used at the same time indicate you have a big challenge ahead of you.

As the law on the books still says a foreigner cant buy and register a Chilean vehicle and leave the country you definitely need assistance from somebody who knows how to do it. ie Suzi Santiago

You should surf Chileautos.cl to get an idea of the exorbitant asking prices on vehicles that would be considered ready for the junk yard in NA or Europe.

HybridAmbassador

Post by HybridAmbassador » Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:42 pm

Come to mind,.... perhaps the admin of this site with his old Hundeih mini suv may part with his vehicle if your offering is worth-while to his liking? I think he has a 4 banger diesel with manual shift and thinking is a 4x4 to boot!
HybridAmbassador. Toyota Hybrid system for helping climate change.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:09 am

naaa, not selling my hyundai anytime soon. as the depreciation on it has bottomed out, it is rapidly becoming one of the cheapest vehicals per km i have ever owned.

fyi, it is an automatic with a strange semi-automatic shifting feature. it is like a stick with a computer shifting nanny. not nearly as useful as it would seem at first sight.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

HybridAmbassador

Post by HybridAmbassador » Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:50 pm

admin wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:09 am
naaa, not selling my hyundai anytime soon. as the depreciation on it has bottomed out, it is rapidly becoming one of the cheapest vehicals per km i have ever owned.

fyi, it is an automatic with a strange semi-automatic shifting feature. it is like a stick with a computer shifting nanny. not nearly as useful as it would seem at first sight.
Oh, kind like the 'ol VW touch-electric shifter that by grabbing the shifter knob engages the clutch via electro-magnet actuation or perhaps lookin' like the old Ferrari gated shift cover?

you say, not sellin' but if the offer is sooo good, I mean handsomely good, still won't be sellin' it? Once starting to rut, your sentimental value decays with the age, hee, hee he
HybridAmbassador. Toyota Hybrid system for helping climate change.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:14 pm

good as in I paid 8 million for it 5 years ago, and the market value for tuson hyundais with more km on that year are 6 to 7 million. that is mostly due to the dieasel / automatic / 4x4 / suv combination in that year being fairly uncommon. most people bought the 2 wheel drive gas model.

almost more priceless, i bought it from a grandmother that only drove it around town, and my mechanic shop took over maintence on it as soon as it left the lot. not even hyndaii got to touch it under warrenty, as she decided it was too much hassle to drive to the hyundai dealer. personaly i prefer that, as i know the maintence was handled correctly and fully documented by our mechanic. No half ass maneged greece monkeys at the dealerships pretending to change oil or lube things.

so it is has extreme 'better the devil you know' value, that i highly value. anytime i come across a good used vehical that i know the history is trustworthy / documented, i prefer to buy those and hang on to them.

a friend tried to buy it off me a couple of months ago, and i relized it was not worth it vs. hassel to find another reliable vehical at a good price.

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:39 pm

ahhh india, rising star of paid spammers and astro turfers.

the forum was12 years old in August, and we as yet to have one real post from india.

dont quote the spammers. that is what they want.