massage licensing requirements

General job offers and work related issues in Chile.
eorbv

massage licensing requirements

Post by eorbv » Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:41 pm

Hi everyone. I'm in the US and have 750 school hours and licensed in Florida which is one of the harder states to get licensed in in the US. Would it be easy for my to get licensed in Chile or would I need more schooling to qualify. Does anyone know what the massage licensing requirements are in chile? Do you have to pass a national or regional test or have a minimum number of school hours? I'm hoping to find work there when I go (which will be a long time from now, still doing much research) but I cant find any info on the requirements of my craft. I'm only looking to do relaxation or therapeutic massage. Nothing adult oriented.

Also if you have any experience getting massage how much does an hour massage usually costs there? I have no idea how much I'd expect to be payed there. I realize it will have different pay rates in diff arias but just a general idea would be nice. Pleas let me know if the massage you received was in a spa, resort, a local individual doing out calls, etc as that all has an effect on what one would expect to pay.

Thank you for your time

zer0nz

Re: massage licensing requirements

Post by zer0nz » Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:50 pm

hahahahahahahaha

nwdiver

Post by nwdiver » Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:59 pm

eorbv wrote:Hi everyone. I'm in the US and have 750 school hours and licensed in Florida which is one of the harder states to get licensed in in the US. Would it be easy for my to get licensed in Chile or would I need more schooling to qualify. Does anyone know what the massage licensing requirements are in chile? Do you have to pass a national or regional test or have a minimum number of school hours? I'm hoping to find work there when I go (which will be a long time from now, still doing much research) but I cant find any info on the requirements of my craft. I'm only looking to do relaxation or therapeutic massage. Nothing adult oriented.

Also if you have any experience getting massage how much does an hour massage usually costs there? I have no idea how much I'd expect to be payed there. I realize it will have different pay rates in diff arias but just a general idea would be nice. Pleas let me know if the massage you received was in a spa, resort, a local individual doing out calls, etc as that all has an effect on what one would expect to pay.

Thank you for your time

I don't think there is a licence (it’s more of finding a job), good therapeutic massage at a country club or spa about $25/hr.
It's all about the wine.

Nomad

Post by Nomad » Fri Dec 25, 2015 11:54 pm

I know this is old but dido on everything she said. Me too lol. 750 hours training from FL. Though I'm in AK right now. I do very medical oriented massage. Is it customary in Chile for massage therapists to work with physical therapist, chiropractors or Dr? or just spas and such? Is it considered more of a luxury thing or do they take it seriously in the medical profession? Now I know this thread is a little old so Does anyone have any updated knowledge on the status of massage license or know where I could find that info? Also does anyone know of massage therapist there that do neuromuscular or myofacial release work or are those type of modalities rare there?

Thanks for any help

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:46 am

There is no "massage license" in Chile. The only requirement is you have two hands.

Remember "massage license" in the states was fundamentally developed to control prostitution, and morphed in to various other monopoly and health controls for the industry. Prostitution in Chile is technically legal (actually more of a legal grey area, but that is another story).
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

HybridAmbassador

Post by HybridAmbassador » Sun Dec 27, 2015 4:26 pm

We have a specialized massage place in Japan called the "soap land". There you can get a very soothing massages and
pay by the stage you choose. Such as in A course, B course, and culminating in the"C" for everything.

http://www.japanfortheuninvited.com/art ... lands.html
HybridAmbassador. Toyota Hybrid system for helping climate change.

Gloria

Post by Gloria » Sun Dec 27, 2015 5:37 pm

HybridAmbassador wrote:We have a specialized massage place in Japan called the "soap land". There you can get a very soothing massages and
pay by the stage you choose. Such as in A course, B course, and culminating in the"C" for everything.

In the real world that's called sex slavery ....nothing "soapy" about it!
I'm from the generation of common sense, wisdom and unfiltered answers. I sayeth as I seeth.

HybridAmbassador

Post by HybridAmbassador » Sun Dec 27, 2015 7:24 pm

Gloria wrote:
HybridAmbassador wrote:We have a specialized massage place in Japan called the "soap land". There you can get a very soothing massages and

Well, the establishment is a Bath House. When you enter that steamy private room all naked, the gorgeous young doll
lather you up all in bubbly soap, hence SoapLand's nomenclature !
HybridAmbassador. Toyota Hybrid system for helping climate change.

Andres

Post by Andres » Sun Dec 27, 2015 7:33 pm

Gloria wrote:In the real world that's called sex slavery ....nothing "soapy" about it!
By assuming the women are participating unwillingly, you are judging based upon your own perspective.
Though it is something you would not do and I would not encourage (my partner or daughter to do), that does not mean it is a bad solution for others. No participant is imposing on anyone else.

A good analogy would be the life of a Catholic nun, or a woman wearing a muslim niqab; it is inappropriate for us to assume or judge.
Chile: My expectations are low. Very low.
I accept chaos. I'm not sure whether it accepts me.

Gloria

Post by Gloria » Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:03 pm

HybridAmbassador wrote:
Gloria wrote:

Well, the establishment is a Bath House. When you enter that steamy private room all naked, the gorgeous young doll
lather you up all in bubbly soap, hence SoapLand's nomenclature !
Hummmm, obviously you are very familiarized with it :mrgreen: Soapland is everything BUT a Bath House ( meaning to bathe yourself) and after lathering you all up do you get to choose menu A-B or C? Can you have a combination like in a Chinese restaurant where you can get this or that from column A or B ?......me wondering.... and at the end do they give you fortune cookies? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I'm from the generation of common sense, wisdom and unfiltered answers. I sayeth as I seeth.

Nomad

Post by Nomad » Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:08 pm

OK so is it expected that a female massage therapist is usually a prostitute? In the states there are still some people that think massage is all about that but most people I've met think of it as a medical profession. I realize people can use massage both ways and i don't judge but I don't want my intent to be confused. Is it common to see massage therapist working for physical therapist or chiropractors? Is it also seen as a medical profession in that culture?

Gloria

Post by Gloria » Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:17 pm

Nomad wrote:OK so is it expected that a female massage therapist is usually a prostitute? In the states there are still some people that think massage is all about that but most people I've met think of it as a medical profession. I realize people can use massage both ways and i don't judge but I don't want my intent to be confused. Is it common to see massage therapist working for physical therapist or chiropractors? Is it also seen as a medical profession in that culture?
Nomad, that's in Japan and many other places but you also find in Chile massage therapist as a profession although unlicensed. Yes, sometimes massage therapist do work with other professionals in the medical field. An acquaintance of mine took classes in Europe as masseuse. Where you do see them frequently is at the resorts in Pucon and others places.