filing cabinets - Staples needed

General job offers and work related issues in Chile.
hlf2888

filing cabinets - Staples needed

Post by hlf2888 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:28 pm

In the old world, there are places like Staples, or Bureau en Gros where an enormous variety of office supplies await. Here there is nada. I am searching for those plastic file boxes with the sliding rims on either side so you can easily slide file folders back and forth. Here... they sell the poorly made file folders with little hooks.. probably rejects from Staples, and nothing to use them with unless you want to buy a small fake wood file cabinet from Sodimac. The plastic boxes were so much easier to lift and use. Has anyone seen these plastic boxes?

Zenth

Re: filing cabinets - Staples needed

Post by Zenth » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:58 pm

Try Lapiz Lopez. Sort of a Staples lite. Very lite.

hlf2888

Post by hlf2888 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:03 pm

visited both in Linares, no luck. Maybe need a larger city, will try Talca next week. Thanks Zenth :-)

hlf2888

Post by hlf2888 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:17 pm

searched their website. They only offer a Eurobox which is a small cardboard box, room for about 7 folders and no metal rims so the files can't slide. Not user friendly like the file boxes at Staples.

Donnybrook

Post by Donnybrook » Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:06 am

PRISA is the best place for office supplies (no idea if they have what you want, have a look around the website) but there is no physical shop, just internet and delivery. They say they will deliver anywhere in the country.
https://www.prisa.cl/home/

hlf2888

Post by hlf2888 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:54 pm

thanks Donnybrook. They don't have the plastic file box legal/letter size with slider rims on each side of the inside so you can slide the files back and forth. I can't believe something as rudimentary as a plastic legal/letter file box for sliding files cannot be found. Am thinking of sending one from Canada but that will be so expensive. Does anyone have any new leads?

ExpatBob

Post by ExpatBob » Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:52 pm

Order them from Amazon. Seriously it might cost more but in the long run (saving you time and torment) it is much cheaper.

Donnybrook

Post by Donnybrook » Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:35 pm

I got a good two drawer filing cabinet with sliders at Homy, but I don't think I have ever seen the boxes.

hlf2888

Post by hlf2888 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:16 pm

thanks everyone. ExpatBob, you are right.Will get them at Amazon, the cheap price balances shipping costs. Wonder if an office supply store with the quality and variety of Staples will ever show up here in Chile? Oh, well.

ExpatBob

Post by ExpatBob » Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:46 am

hlf2888 wrote:Wonder if an office supply store with the quality and variety of Staples will ever show up here in Chile? Oh, well.
Yeah I am surprised it does not exist either, but when it does, it will be called "Officey" and they will have an Easy Button that can't say "Easy" because that would be ripping off local IP and not international IP. For all intents and purposes it will look exactly like a Staples, but maybe smaller, and with surlier employees.