where can i find work in santiago thats NOT teaching english

General job offers and work related issues in Chile.
jamie_m

Re: where can i find work in santiago thats NOT teaching eng

Post by jamie_m » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:28 pm

and in the noggin ;)

Andres

Post by Andres » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:41 pm

john wrote:Anyone contemplating emigrating from a G7 country to work for minimum wages elsewhere (insert country name) must have some really serious circumstances back home. :wink:
Yeah, it's bloated, corrupt governments insisting their actions are for "the common good".
Chile: My expectations are low. Very low.
I accept chaos. I'm not sure whether it accepts me.

john

Post by john » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:51 pm

Andres wrote:
john wrote:Anyone contemplating emigrating from a G7 country to work for minimum wages elsewhere (insert country name) must have some really serious circumstances back home. :wink:
Yeah, it's bloated, corrupt governments insisting their actions are for "the common good".
Although not G7 countries, Australia and New Zealand happily fit that category too. :wink:
One must care about a world one will not see.
--- Bertrand Russell

El Lechero

Post by El Lechero » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:12 pm

Andres wrote:
Are you talking about Chile? the bloated bit and their actions to help the common good, i,e new tax reforms that will help reduce inequality. What a friggin joke reduce it by how? give more handouts and keeping the masses dependent so you can get back in to power, the left hate to admit it but often the right help the inequality cause more by actually letting people help themselves. Sorry I just looked at the title and this isnt really anything to do with finding work in Stgo, my bad.

john

Post by john » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:10 pm

El Lechero wrote:
..., the left hate to admit it but often the right help the inequality cause more by actually letting people help themselves.
The huge inequality gap would suggest otherwise. :wink:
--- Bertrand Russell

Andres

Post by Andres » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:19 pm

john wrote:
Andres wrote:
Although not G7 countries, Australia and New Zealand happily fit that category too. :wink:
Yup, bludgers paradises.
Chile: My expectations are low. Very low.
I accept chaos. I'm not sure whether it accepts me.

El Lechero

Post by El Lechero » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:27 pm

john wrote:
El Lechero wrote:
..., the left hate to admit it but often the right help the inequality cause more by actually letting people help themselves.
In this countries case the left had 20 years to try do something, but they kept getting the same corrupt politicians, that gave out free empanadas and chicha to the masses and continued to perpetuate the myth that the state was the only one able to help them better themselves, same thing happened in NZ throughout the 2000s under the labour left, they wer only fortunate in both circumstances that their economies were growing and private enterprise was there, despit that welfare numbers in NZ continued to increase, and indeed in Chile, look at all the people expecting handouts now and thats the way the left love it,god forbid people help themselves and the student overthrows the teacher. The ONLY way for the state to help to close the inequality is by teaching a man to fish not hand it to him on a friggen platter. A hand up not a hand out.

john

Post by john » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:30 pm

El Lechero wrote:
john wrote:
El Lechero wrote:
In this countries case the left had 20 years to try do something, but they kept getting the same corrupt politicians, that gave out free empanadas and chicha to the masses and continued to perpetuate the myth that the state was the only one able to help them better themselves, same thing happened in NZ throughout the 2000s under the labour left, they wer only fortunate in both circumstances that their economies were growing and private enterprise was there, despit that welfare numbers in NZ continued to increase, and indeed in Chile, look at all the people expecting handouts now and thats the way the left love it,god forbid people help themselves and the student overthrows the teacher. The ONLY way for the state to help to close the inequality is by teaching a man to fish not hand it to him on a friggen platter. A hand up not a hand out.
So about that inequality gap? :wink:
--- Bertrand Russell

El Lechero

Post by El Lechero » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:35 pm

john wrote:
El Lechero wrote:
john wrote:
El Lechero wrote:
Yup, about it, how is giving handouts going to help it ? Something needs doing but there has to be another solution because redistribution of wealth (by way of the state thinking they can sort it) that doesnt work either

john

Post by john » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:14 pm

El Lechero wrote:
john wrote:
El Lechero wrote:
john wrote:
El Lechero wrote:
Yup, about it, how is giving handouts going to help it ? Something needs doing but there has to be another solution because redistribution of wealth (by way of the state thinking they can sort it) that doesnt work either
Well, in your own worlds, "by teaching a man to fish". So, for starters, that would require the implementation of nationwide tailored educational and training programs via partnerships between business and various governmental institutions…because it won't happen by accident or serendipity.
--- Bertrand Russell