Adopted from Chile

Introduce yourself, discover who else is here, and get news and information about the forum. Most of all, tell us what Chile means for you.

Moderator: eeuunikkeiexpat

Kimberley

Re: Adopted from Chile

Post by Kimberley » Mon May 21, 2012 9:53 pm

Good luck with your search. I don't know much about this topic, but it sounds like you have a lot of useful information about your mother, so you should be able to find what you seek sooner rather than later. Have you considered visiting Chile? Talking to people face to face is quite an effective strategy here.

Donnybrook

Post by Donnybrook » Mon May 21, 2012 9:59 pm

She has a very long name, but her surname is Huentel. Don't know if that's a common name in Chile..
She should have 2 surnames. The first would be her father's surname and the second her mother's. So a María whose father's surname was Lopez and whose mother's surname was Perez would be Maria Lopez Perez. Is the Huentel the last name on her long name? Or second to last?

Huentel

Post by Huentel » Tue May 22, 2012 4:05 pm

Yes, she has 2 surnames, and Huentel is the last. In Norway the last surname is usually the father's name. So I guess it's the opposite in Chile. :-) Yes, I have considered it ever since I was 17, but at the moment there's too much going on in my life. Maybe if I had a plan, I could go through with it. I need more information before I can take that one step further. I can't risk travel that far, and then discover that she's not there. After all, there's a lot of changes in two decades. So first of all, I need to know if this person is still alive. Second I need to find out where she's located. And I need to find a translator as well.

paladin

Post by paladin » Tue May 22, 2012 9:59 pm

Huentel, I am retired and have lots of spare time, so if I can help you in anyway in your search or be a translator for you, please let me know

Eileen

Post by Eileen » Wed May 23, 2012 6:51 pm

Huentel,

During the past year, I have corresponded with a woman in the U.S. who was also adopted from Chile. She works for a documentary film company, and is doing a documentary on her search. I recently sent information regarding a TV program, sponsored by the Canal 13 (Channel 13) morning program, "Bienvenidos," which strives to connect children with their parents. They may be interested in your story.

The email for their "Reencuentro"(reconnection) program is: www.bienvenidos13@13.cl

Best wishes for your search!

Huentel

Post by Huentel » Mon May 28, 2012 8:38 am

Thank you so much for all the response and helpfull answers. When I first posted this, I had never imagined that so many would respond to this and offer to help! I really appreciate it! Thanks Paladin!! I'll send you a private message with some more details asap. I could really use all the help I can get! My story is also quite unique (in both good and bad ways) , so this will definitely be an exciting journey. :-)

ArNo

Post by ArNo » Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:22 pm

Hi,

How is everything goiing now?

I live in Chile (talca) 4-5 hours from temuco. I now the country pretty good and speak the language.

If you want any help from here, just contact me.

arno.claesen

ryanar

Post by ryanar » Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:08 pm

My partner is from Temuco and seems to know everyone there, so I asked here if she knew of the surname Huentel. She said no, but was curious and did a quick bit of googling. Her opinion is that the Puerto Saavedra - Nueva Imperial area (west to Temuco) would be the area to look, and also the Angol-Galvarino area.

Hope that helps a little. Best of luck.

Chrony

Post by Chrony » Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:34 pm

Huentel wrote:Hi! I'm new to this forum, and don't exactly know where to post this topic. Don't know if this is the right place to ask, but I'm willing to take a chance. Well, to start with, I'm a 21 year old boy (or I guess I'm a man now? :shock: ) from Norway. I was born in february 1991 in Temuco, but adopted to Norway at two months. So I'm raised in Norway and (sadly) don't speak a word spanish, which unfortunately makes this whole process a lot more harder for me. The thing is, I want to find my chilean family, my birthmother.. Since I don't have any contacts in Chile and the fact that I don't speak any spanish (well,only simple words and sentences as "hello", "goodbye" and "I have a dog", which obviously won't get me anywhere) lol :mrgreen: I could use some help. I do have a name, actually. And an adress (probably an old one). And I know her age.. But where can I possibly find a person who can track her down? I guess it would be a whole lot easier if I actually lived in Chile, but from the other side of the world and with no contacts in Chile, there's pretty much nothing I can do at the moment. Please, help me out with this one. Whom do I contact in a situation like this?
im chilean from temuco... if you can give me some information maybe i can help.

Chrony

Post by Chrony » Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:42 pm

Donnybrook wrote:
She has a very long name, but her surname is Huentel. Don't know if that's a common name in Chile..
She should have 2 surnames. The first would be her father's surname and the second her mother's. So a María whose father's surname was Lopez and whose mother's surname was Perez would be Maria Lopez Perez. Is the Huentel the last name on her long name? Or second to last?
huentel is not a common name, that name sound like a mapuche one for me, temuco have a lot of mapuche population so is not weird but reduce the search.

Greggyson

Post by Greggyson » Fri May 18, 2018 9:34 am

I myself am adopted from chile. I'm actually trying to figure out what I can do. My information is limited as I believe I was one of many stolen babies. I know nothing of my past and I've never seen any paperwork. My adoptive parents have been very secretive and I've caught onto a few lies and other things that dont make sense or have changed. As of now we do not see eye to eye and I no longer speak to them. I consider myself an orphan. I have let my adoption take up most of my life. It now makes sense to me why the information is limited. I have no idea where to begin or what to do at this point.

I have a supposed twin but we never felt that close. He was adopted a year before me. I've always felt were brothers but not from the same mother even that information doesn't ad up on my end.

I'm just doing one last go at this before i completely give up

Thanks

Greg.

frozen-north

Post by frozen-north » Fri May 18, 2018 9:58 am

From this thread:

viewtopic.php?t=12843

Más de 800 personas adoptadas han buscado a sus padres biológicos
Entre 2009 y 2011, hubo 850 consultas, según informe del Sename.

http://www.latercera.com/noticia/tenden ... icos.shtml
Sistema Búsqueda de Origenes
Adopción

http://www.sename.cl/wsename/estructura ... age&pid=26
Búsqueda de información de la familia biológica

http://www.chileatiende.cl/fichas/ver/16114
Joven sueca usa Youtube para buscar a sus padres biológicos en Chile

La estudiante fue abandonada cuando tenía dos años en la ciudad de Temuco.

http://www.cooperativa.cl/noticias/mund ... 32214.html