FORUM TERMS OF SERVICE AGREEMENT (TOS)

Introduce yourself, discover who else is here, and get news and information about the forum. Most of all, tell us what Chile means for you.

Moderator: eeuunikkeiexpat

admin
Site Admin

FORUM TERMS OF SERVICE AGREEMENT (TOS)

Post by admin » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:34 pm

Due to recent spats between members on the forum, along with various allegation made, I thought it might be useful refresh everyone on the TOS agreement, with some relevant highlighting.

If you can not comply with the following, DO NOT USE THIS FORUM!!!!
By accessing “Chile Forum” (hereinafter “we”, “us”, “our”, “Chile Forum”, “http://www.allchile.net/chileforum”), you agree to be legally bound by the following terms. If you do not agree to be legally bound by all of the following terms then please do not access and/or use “Chile Forum”. We may change these at any time and we’ll do our utmost in informing you, though it would be prudent to review this regularly yourself as your continued usage of “Chile Forum” after changes mean you agree to be legally bound by these terms as they are updated and/or amended.

This forum is owned and operated by the Law Firm of Spencer Global Chile. Please Visit http://www.spencerglobal.com to learn more about us and our services.

This forum is owned and operated by Spencer Global Chile Providing legal and relocation services to foreigners in Chile, and this forum is provided as a free service to the community for informational purposes only. No warranty is given regarding the correctness of the information or advice provided on this forum by any of its members or any agents of Spencer Global. No information provided here should be construed directly or indirectly, express or implied, as a contract, agreement, or obligation by Spencer Global to provide services.

Simply put, this forum cost a lot of time and money to operate. Our private legal and commercial services of Spencer Global provide the source of funding for this forum, and thus we can not allow the use of the forum for activities that are damaging to the core activities in order to continue to make this forum possible.

You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate any laws be it of your country, the country where “Chile Forum” is hosted or International Law. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned, with notification of your Internet Service Provider if deemed required by us. The IP address of all posts are recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that “Chile Forum” have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time should we see fit, and issue an unlimited copyright over all text placed on this forum to the operators for which you are the original author for the purposes required for use of this forum, maintaining backups, promotion, syndication, and other purposes required for normal operation of this forum as a digital medium. As a user you agree to any information you have entered to being stored in a database. The operators of this forum will do their best to protect your privacy on this forum, but you understand that by the very nature of the activity of using this forum on the internet all information contained in the database should be considered public information or otherwise treated as if it could become public at any time.

Attempting to solicit, offer, advertise, or provide on this forum legal or relocation related services, or link to any external web page, provide phone numbers, emails, contact members by private message, or by other means through this forum in an attempt to provide commercial legal or relocation related services, or any other services that might otherwise be interpreted or understood as an attempt to use this forum to compete directly or indirectly or otherwise use this forum or to damage the business of Spencer Global is strictly forbidden in all forms without prior written authorization of the owners and administrators of this site.

Other Terms of Use (TOS), Notices, and rules:

1. The operators of this forum reserve the absolute right to remove any user account at any time without notice for any reason!

2. Opinions expressed on this forum do not necessarily reflect the views of Spencer Global

3. Only the opinions expressed by super forum administrator operating under the user name "admin" reflect official positions of Spencer Global and the operators of this forum.

4. Behave, be curtious, and have fun.

It is just a forum on the internet!!!
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

admin
Site Admin

Re: FORUM TERMS OF SERVICE AGREEMENT (TOS)

Post by admin » Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:37 pm

I also thought it might be worth posting some sort of official position on freedom of expression in general and on this forum.

1. There is none.

2. This is a private forum, on a private server. Freedom of expression is not a RIGHT on this forum. We are not a government.

3. Keeping the above in mind, I do believe in promoting and allowing freedom of expression among the users as much as possible on this forum. That is within reason. As long as it is not illegal expression (e.g. yelling fire in a theatre, threatening to kill someone), interferes with the normal operation of the forum, does not directly impact my business, and/or personally shock my sensibilities (it really takes a lot to shock me); then I will, for the most part, let it stand.

4. none of the other designated / volunteer moderators are authorized to engage in content editing, beyond simply eliminating spam. They do bring things to my attention, if they require more involved judgement calls. They have no editorial authority over content. That is up to me, and me alone.

5. If there is something on the forum that you believe has clearly gone outside the above guidelines, then there is a report spam / abuse button on every post. Click on it, and file a report. You can also send a pm to me. I will have a look at it, but I can not guarantee that I will take any action regarding it. Not taking any action however, does not imply that I agree with the poster or that I am endorsing their view in any way. Honestly, I do not have time to read every post that comes across the forum, nor would I even if I had the time.

Now, all that said, the assumption is that everyone here is an adult. That you can reason, make your own judgements, and if you really feel like you disagree with what some member is saying you are welcome to respond to that member with a reasoned intelligent argument. Otherwise, do not use this forum. There is no one forcing you to use this forum (if there is, then you got much bigger problems).
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.