Hello everyone!

Introduce yourself, discover who else is here, and get news and information about the forum. Most of all, tell us what Chile means for you.

Moderator: eeuunikkeiexpat

General_Ohiggins

Hello everyone!

Post by General_Ohiggins » Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:23 am

Hello everyone,

I am a Chilean who lived in Canada for almost 3 years. I lived in Winnipeg, Manitoba. A beautiful tiny city, where the winter is just amazingly cold hahahaha with temperatures that can reach easily -40 during winter time. I love that weather and I have to say that is one of the things that I miss the most from there. I studied and worked there and it was such a wonderful experience!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I came back to Chile this year, on April, and since then I've been looking for a job,so far no luck but I dont lose hope.

I have read this forum for a couple of months and I have to say it's very useful specially with information about finding some "comida gringa" hahahahaa when I was in "winterpeg" I was missing chilean food sooo bad!! but now that I'm here is the other way around, I would kill for having some perogies or a nice burger with canadian bacon, canadian cheddar and chili!!!!

Anyways, Happy New Year!! hope u have an amazing 2012, best wishes to all of you.

rocksana

Re: Hello everyone!

Post by rocksana » Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:42 pm

Hi welcome to the forum.
Good luck finding job

momof3

Post by momof3 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:13 pm

Welcome back.
We agree to disagree.

General_Ohiggins

Post by General_Ohiggins » Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:07 pm

jessicak1234 wrote:Welcome to the forum. Just out of curiosity, what Chilean food were you missing?

Marraquetas !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Churrascos italianos!!! Completos italianos!!! mainly sandwiches, and also there's something funny about this food thing! I've read that a lots of people here complain about chilean milk and cheese, well when I was there I was complaining all the time about canadian milk and cheese hahahahaa I think it is just a matter of taste, if you grew up in Canada u get used to some kinds of flavor same happens the other way around, I felt that milk over there was just too "watery

zer0nz

Post by zer0nz » Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:25 pm

patagoniax wrote:
General_Ohiggins wrote:
jessicak1234 wrote:Welcome to the forum. Just out of curiosity, what Chilean food were you missing?

Marraquetas !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Churrascos italianos!!! Completos italianos!!!
Take it easy. You are clearly not well. I believe that there is now psychological help available, though.
I 100% agree with general_ohiggins,

If i ever leave chile, i will miss lomitos, marraqetas, italianos, completos, todos

La_Tini

Post by La_Tini » Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:57 pm

If i ever leave chile, i will miss lomitos, marraqetas, italianos, completos, todos
and shrimp-cheese-empanadas, pastel de jaiba, locos, picorocos, incredible avocados, amazing fruit (chirimoyas!!!!!), "panqueque" cake with manjar, cebiche de reineta, merkén, pebre.... mmmm, I got hungry:)

Groschi

Post by Groschi » Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:34 pm

General_Ohiggins wrote:
Completos italianos!!!
thats not food.

No wonder the "chilean cuisine" is so bad, if you can make a chilean happy with such junk................

La_Tini

Post by La_Tini » Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:49 pm

No wonder the "chilean cuisine" is so bad, if you can make a chilean happy with such junk................
as happy as you can make a gringo expat with a hamburger, a German expat with a Bratwurst or Döner or what else junk food they might be craving for abroad... People all over the world from time to time enjoy fast food and sometimes it´s the easiest things you will miss if you live in another country:)