ALL USERS READ THIS TOO: LINKING POLICY ON THIS FORUM

Introduce yourself, discover who else is here, and get news and information about the forum. Most of all, tell us what Chile means for you.

Moderator: eeuunikkeiexpat

admin
Site Admin

ALL USERS READ THIS TOO: LINKING POLICY ON THIS FORUM

Post by admin » Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:17 am

Welcome to the Chile forum.

The most important rule is to just behave.

First, please at least post at least once to get counted, and make sure that your account is not viewed as spam by the system. We from time to time flush all the people that have registered and not posted. The assumption is they are automated spam bots. We typically will only remove those users that are at least four weeks old and have never posted however.

This is the linking policy and instruction for the http://www.allchile.net.

First, a bit of explanation about why links are so important and why they are currently controlled so carefully on this forum.

Links on the internet are a commodity. Some people will pay hundreds, perhaps thousands of dollars for a single link from a good website. The reason is that links act like a vote when the search engines are deciding to rank the importance of a site. Too many links from a site that is off topic can also degrade the search engine position of a site making it hard for users to find a site.

So, someone linking out to a site that is off topic or posting dozens of links (spam) with only a couple of real post around the forum is like being invited to dinner and stealing the silverware. It is simply not polite.

That said, here is the all chile.net guidelines for linking:

1. Links out to other sites are allowed on all chile.net, but you must first earn your wings and some trust in the community.

DO NOT LINK TO ANY WEBSITE, FOR ANY REASON BEFORE YOU HAVE MADE 10 REAL POSTS IN THE FORUM!!!

It will keep you from catching the eye of the administrators, and also let us know you are real member and not a spammer.

WHEN YOU DO LINK

2. In your post main body, do not link out to things that are off topic or that do not have a relationship to Chile, or that do not have a direct general use to our members.

3. If you wish to add links out to your own website on a family friendly topic, use your signature file. You are allowed one link in your signature file, after you have made at least 25 real posts.

4. Do not use key terms in your links out. Links should appear with just the web address like: http://www.allchile.net
There should be a text description of what members of the forum will find when they get there, and why you posted the link. Do not try to ambush our users!!! Do not use key term rich links, just the web address.

5. All links must be to family friendly topics. No <banned word>, sex, or other offensive material. Our users come from all over the World, and have diverse backgrounds and beliefs. Please be considerate.

6. Ultimately, we reserve the right to cut or edit any links. Users we find in blatant violation of these policies, can be banned and all their post removed.

We have 0 tolerance for spam on this forum.

7. Please use the report spam link on the top of every post on the forum If anyone finds such links by a user or please PM me.

We will look in to it. We want to be a community policed and run forum, where long-term trust is built between members.

If after reading all of this, you still really really want a commercial link from All Chile.net, please contact me about commercial advertising. We can most likely work something out.

IF YOU ARE NOT SURE, CONTACT ME FIRST TO ASK!!!!![/color]

I would also like to add something about general content policy. Please remember from the form you agreed to when you signed up for an account at the Chile Forum in this line:
You agree that the webmaster, administrator and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time should they see fit.
That would be me.

Posting advertising or commercial solicitations to have people PM or Email you is just another form of Forum Spam. DON'T DO IT!!!!

I promise to endeavor to be fair, open, and welcoming, but I am responsible for the overall general health and environment of the community.

AGAIN, IF YOU ARE NOT SURE PM or EMAIL ME FIRST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

admin
Site Admin

Re: ALL USERS READ THIS TOO: LINKING POLICY ON THIS FORUM

Post by admin » Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:19 pm

Links in are fine, links out no. You can not copy content in any way without express written permission.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

admin
Site Admin

Re: ALL USERS READ THIS TOO: LINKING POLICY ON THIS FORUM

Post by admin » Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:22 am

not interested.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.