TOP WAYS TO GET BANNED FROM THE CHILE FORUM!!!

Introduce yourself, discover who else is here, and get news and information about the forum. Most of all, tell us what Chile means for you.

Moderator: eeuunikkeiexpat

admin
Site Admin

TOP WAYS TO GET BANNED FROM THE CHILE FORUM!!!

Post by admin » Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:42 pm

This has been on my to do list for while, but they are also kind of an evolving policy issue. Better late than never. Mostly intended to drive home how serious we take these rules on the forum.

1. Link to anything in your first 10 posts. Good chance you will be banned without any sort of notice, if I happen to find it before I have had my first cup of coffee in the morning. Posting links as your first action on the forum is almost a certain red flag with a 99.9% probability that you are a spammer or your intentions are less than pure. Even if I let you stay, I put anyone that does that on a watch list after that until they reach around 25 -50 posts. If I do happen to let such links slide, chances are some other moderator is not going to let it slide. So, don't do it. More info on linking on the forum here: http://www.allchile.net/chileforum/topic724.html

2. Post anything that is obviously intended to misleading, scam, or otherwise take advantage of our members.

3. Violate the Terms of Service (TOS) agreement (i.e. TOS as in toss you out) when you signed up to the forum. That means, attempt to promote any buisness that would be in direct competition with my own buisness that pays for this forum to keep operating. Thus, anything related to other Legal and relocation related businesses are forbidden. Sorry, just not paying for promoting competitors directly or indirectly on my own site.

There is actually a bigger issue here than simply allowing competitors to advertise on my own site.

Every year in Chile one or two new "relocation" related businesses open in Chile, and every year one or two goes under. None that I am aware of have lasted much more than a year. In fact, on some level those guys end up creating lots of buisness for us as we often get hired to fix really messy situations after they go under. Typically these are relocation businesses started by foreigners, with no real experience or understanding of Chile. The other type are fully Chilean, that don't understand foreigners. They get lucky and manage to land a couple of clients through posting on free sites on the internet, and inevitably end up doing serious damage to their client's projects. They are often not even aware they made very costly mistakes for months or years later, let alone their clients are aware that they made such mistakes.

One, I don't want those train wrecks impacting the overall reputation of Chile. Second, I simply don't want to see rather vulnerable new arrivals to Chile being taken advantage of by the grossly unqualified. So, I am not permitting them on the forum. The point of the Chile Forum is to make it easier for people to relocate or live in Chile.

Overall, if you have to stop to think about if it is permitted, chances are it is not. When in doubt PM me, and ask.

More suggestions are welcome, and I will try to add to this list as they come to mind.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

MikieO

Re: TOP WAYS TO GET BANNED FROM THE CHILE FORUM!!!

Post by MikieO » Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:54 pm

So posting that link to Baba's new Pucon relocation site (called "Greedy Guru's Propeidad") isn't on I suppose.... :alien:
“Now, a lifetime of experience has left me bitter and cynical.” ~ Calvin & Hobbes

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:41 pm

nopppppppe

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

RWS

Post by RWS » Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:41 am

MikieO wrote:So posting that link to Baba's new Pucon relocation site (called "Greedy Guru's Propeidad") isn't on I suppose.... :alien:
Maybe we AllChileans should support ChookaRune's retreat instead . . . . :|

Kathi

Post by Kathi » Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:15 pm

Sorry - I did not read this before posting my very first post, which includes a link... !!! Someone had sent me a link to this website and as I read through some of the posting I saw the one about books and could not help myself -PLEASE FORGIVE ME!!

Antony

Post by Antony » Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:47 pm

Boy did I come like an idiot, sorry glad you had your coffe and did not kick me off for good. Thanks and great site.

ayer

Post by ayer » Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:17 am

thanks! thankfully I have broken no rules :D

TomasGreene

Post by TomasGreene » Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:14 pm

the rules make a lot of sense; as a very nerdy first-user I read them all :roll: ... I couldn't help noticing a recirring typo: buisness

and needless to say, as a Chilean I have seen an awful lot of fellow countrypeople taking advantage of gring@s; specially when it comes to renting places

longjonsilver

Post by longjonsilver » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:22 pm

TomasGreene wrote: ... I couldn't help noticing a recirring typo: buisness
yule sea a lot of typos on this forum, sew bee careful: it may knot mean what it says. :D
jon
Astronomy says that we will find a coded signal from outer space. Then we'll KNOW that life exists, for coded signals aren't by chance.

Biology says that there are coded genetic signals in every cell, but we KNOW that no intelligence created life.

Los Santos

Post by Los Santos » Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:30 pm

Ok sorry I posted an atachment in my first post - but it is for a genuine cause! not spamming!

We are trying to spread the word about the great game of Australian Rules Football to any aussies who might use this site. I have visited in the past and found some good info - just never registered before.

Let me know if it is not allowed.

Thanks..

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:16 pm

Why would you need to post any attachment at all about that?