Welcome! ALL USERS PLEASE READ THIS!

Introduce yourself, discover who else is here, and get news and information about the forum. Most of all, tell us what Chile means for you.

Moderator: eeuunikkeiexpat

Freo_Bill

New to the site - Carretera Austral in March

Post by Freo_Bill » Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:27 am

Hi everyone,
I'm new to the site and this is the first BBS I've signed up for so it is all new to me.
I'm planning to come to Chile in 2011. I was last in Chile in 1976 and more than a few things have changed since!
Although I'm from Australia I'll be shipping a vehicle from the US with planned ship arrival in mid February. I'll then wend my way south in late Feb / March. I enjoyed reading the postings in "Re: Carretera Austral Sept-Oct Help" and would like to ask the group about ferries on the northern end after February. All that I've seen on people's blogs indicates that the ferries may stop running in February. Is that correct or are they just less frequent? Are there any special weather or road condition considerations for driving the Carretera in March? Thanks.

FamilyEducation

Introduction

Post by FamilyEducation » Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:47 pm

Hello, friendly folks:

We are a family of 4 (two boys 16 and 15) planning on coming to Chile in Feb. 2011 for 3 months. We're in the process of trying to decide where to rent a place: Santiago, Los Andes/San Felipe, or Vina del Mar.
All input welcome!

Older son will be interested in meeting nice young folks, younger son in soccer training, and both will be in school.
Dad must have solid internet access, and mom (I) is facilitating all this. We like the outdoors, music, and learning.

Allchile.net forum has already helped us out tremendously.
Sincere thanks.

Gina, Ben & hijos

manic typist

Re: Welcome! ALL USERS PLEASE READ THIS!

Post by manic typist » Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:16 am

Testing.

I tried to send a private message, but it is only going to my outbox instead of my sent messages box. Since I am a new user, I thought that maybe the forum is requiring me to post in a forum before I can send a message. And thus, I post. Anyone else have this problem?

maxine

Post by maxine » Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:45 am

I did this and someone explained to me that it stays in your outbox until the person you sent the message to reads their mail. Then it shows as sent.

PixilemuLefts

Post by PixilemuLefts » Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:02 am

Hi all! Just wanted to introduce myself as I am new to this board.

My name is Kyle and I arrived in Santiago a little over a month ago. I´m 24 and, after recently graduated college, decided to come and live in Chile with my polola chilena. I figured ¨why not¨and that I might as well give it ago. I studied Spanish in Viña del Mar a few years back and fell in love with the country and my girlfriend. After years of long distance skyping, I am finally here working as a teacher on the weekdays and surfing on the weekends (Pichilemu or Puertocillo, anyone?). Besides the surf, I love the people (in general), the wine, Patagonia and the Atacama, and generally everything about Chile...besides the food. Look forward to meeting you all on the board.

Saludos a todo!

Piolin

Post by Piolin » Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:34 pm

Hi!

:D

I'm a boy, 31 years old, live and work in Santiago, Chile since 2005, have my circle of friends but wish to extend it somehow by meeting here some interesting people.

I like hiking and sometimes cycling, on weekends I also prefer to chat in bars, go out for picnics. I like reading, history, photography, Apple and travelling. I speak English and Spanish fluently.

El pescado

Post by El pescado » Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:49 am

except of those who need personal assistance
I thought that was the whole point in having friends....... :(

PenquistaDeCorazon

Post by PenquistaDeCorazon » Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:40 pm

"I went out looking for friends and found none. I went out to be a friend and found many."

Aedmunds

Post by Aedmunds » Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:59 am

My name is Kyle and I arrived in Santiago a little over a month ago. I´m 24 and, after recently graduated college, decided to come and live in Chile with my polola chilena. I figured ¨why not¨and that I might as well give it ago. I studied Spanish in Viña del Mar a few years back and fell in love with the country and my girlfriend. After years of long distance skyping, I am finally here working as a teacher on the weekdays and surfing on the weekends (Pichilemu or Puertocillo, anyone?). Besides the surf, I love the people (in general), the wine, Patagonia and the Atacama, and generally everything about Chile...besides the food. Look forward to meeting you all on the board.
Kyle,

Basically the same situation as me. I met my polola in Australia (I am Canadian living in Australia). We have been together traveling to see each other and skyping for almost two years. In July-August I will be moving to Santiago. I 24, I have been learning how to surf over the last month and a half and I plan to bring my board with me to Santiago to continue along the learning curve! How do you like Santiago so far?

Piolin

Post by Piolin » Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:16 pm

El pescado wrote:
except of those who need personal assistance
I thought that was the whole point in having friends....... :(
Ahh, I was an open-minded person before, but from my experience some people do not understand the difference between a friend to chat&enjoy free time together and a personal assistant who translates, helps with the documents and accounts.

I’m tired; no more "cara raja", just need some cold beer and free talk with an interesting person. That’s the point. :D

Sakura

Post by Sakura » Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:22 pm

Hello Everyone

I've been lurking around in this forum for a couple weeks now and am really really happy and amazed at the amount of information, advises, knowledge being provided by the members. THANK YOU for all your time, efforts and your passion!

I'm currently working in Saskatoon, Canada but just received my terms to work in my company's Santiago, Chile office for 6 months. So I finally decided to subscribe and ask some of my own questions. I'm SO excited. Once again I must thank all the members who contributed in this forum. And of course I still have questions but I'll post them in the respective topics later.

Cheers
Saku

Aedmunds

Post by Aedmunds » Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:26 am

Crazy...

I am from North Battleford SK and I'll be moving to Santiago relatively soon...