Welcome! ALL USERS PLEASE READ THIS!

Introduce yourself, discover who else is here, and get news and information about the forum. Most of all, tell us what Chile means for you.

Moderator: eeuunikkeiexpat

sixtyminuteman

Re: Welcome! ALL USERS PLEASE READ THIS!

Post by sixtyminuteman » Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:06 pm

Howdy---I live in the southwest part of the city, near Dairy Ashford and Bissonet. I hope that in the next couple of years I will be able to learn enough Spanish to communicate well with my soon-to-be in-laws. Chile looks like a wonderful place to retire, and since I will be stripped down by my coming divorce, the cost of living there is inviting.

klikster

Post by klikster » Sat Aug 01, 2009 4:15 am

I live in Thailand, been here 19 years part time (6 years) or full time, considering a move to Chile .. probably Arica. I'm retired on savings and U.S. Social Security.

One of the questions I can't seem to get resolved is the price of housing. Part of that stems from comparisons. Most expats here seem to be migrating from N. America, Oz or Europe. As such, they rightly compare quality of construction, furnishings, etc to their home countries. It's just been too long since I lived there.

Getting some comparisons from folks who have lived in Thailand and now reside in Chile would be a big help.

Gloria

Post by Gloria » Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:09 pm

klikster wrote:
One of the questions I can't seem to get resolved is the price of housing.
Why do you worry about it? In Chile is all relative.If you have champagne taste with beer money, here in Chile you'll learn soon enough that you must live within your means if you don't want to run into problems and if you do....in the "can" you can get room and board for free :lol: :lol: ( just kidding). Relax, ven a visitar, observa y luego decide, despues de todo vuelos fuera de Chile salen todos los dias.Buena suerte!
I'm from the generation of common sense, wisdom and unfiltered answers. I sayeth as I seeth.

Gloria

Post by Gloria » Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:18 pm

sixtyminuteman wrote: I hope that in the next couple of years I will be able to learn enough Spanish to communicate well with my soon-to-be in-laws.
YEAH,........... RIGHT! Dream on! :mrgreen:

sixtyminuteman wrote: Chile looks like a wonderful place to retire, and since I will be stripped down by my coming divorce, the cost of living there is inviting.
Oh, Oh!! another one taken to the cleaners!.....Bravo!! good reason to come to Chile! The grass is not always greener on the other side and maybe...just maybe you´ll be taken to the cleaners for the second time chilean style..:lol: :lol: :mrgreen:
I'm from the generation of common sense, wisdom and unfiltered answers. I sayeth as I seeth.

RWS

Post by RWS » Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:22 pm

Welcome back, Gloria!

Gloria

Post by Gloria » Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:05 pm

RWS wrote:Welcome back, Gloria!
Thanks RWS, :D I couldn´t help it...the :twisted: made me do it! Ahhhh, you missed me...didn´t you!

RWS

Post by RWS » Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:32 pm

Gloria wrote:. . . . Ahhhh, you missed me...didn´t you!
Weeeellllll . . . yes!

ak405

Post by ak405 » Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:43 pm

I missed you too Gloria! The last time I had a jajajaja like that was when Rune intentionally left a post blank. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Glad you're back!!!

Gloria

Post by Gloria » Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:46 pm

Humbly I thank you guys for your comments.There's always room for humor (the sarcastic type coming from me :mrgreen: :mrgreen: )

otravers

Post by otravers » Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:17 pm

Fishy humor should be reported to flag@whitehouse.gov

spectre

Post by spectre » Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:03 am

Hi Everyone!

I am new to the forum and the site. I have been looking for an area to visit and possibly move to in Central/South America for some weeks now. Both Costa Rica and Panama were at the top of my list....until I found Chile. I have looked into Ecuador, Brazil, and Argentina in South America. Chile caught my attention because it is nearly identical to our SoCal climate, but the cost of living is about 1/2 or less of what I spend in a month. I can rent my home out and likely net between $800-$1100/mo. for it. From what I have read that might work for two persons living in Chile.

We lead simple lives and will not need to spend big $$$ for a fancy apartment and the best dinners money can buy. I would just like to have internet availability and cell phone service, and maybe a TV or at least a DVD/monitor. A few other frills maybe. Can we swing this and live in Santiago? How about Vina Del Mar? I can likely augment my income by teaching English (I possess a BS/BA and will get a TESOL/TESL cert.) Can we do this?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:13 am

That is completely possible give the budget you have.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.