Hello amigos

Introduce yourself, discover who else is here, and get news and information about the forum. Most of all, tell us what Chile means for you.

Moderator: eeuunikkeiexpat

User avatar
tiagoabner
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 1447
Joined: Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:48 am
Location: Concón

Re: Hello amigos

Post by tiagoabner » Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:36 pm

purest wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:26 pm
tiagoabner wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:22 am
eeuunikkeiexpat wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 3:55 am
Can't believe admin did not even check origin of posts. I'll just say it is from a renowned scammer oil-rich country in Africa.
4-day account, never introduced himself per the forum rules, never been to Chile, posting wrong information and freaking out when I call them out in their bullshit.

I guess they were lucky that admin was sleeping. :lol:

I only hope that OP doesn't decide to act upon information from this guy.

The admin in fact saw the post before you and rather than getting low down to your pompous level looking for who to berate, he was more interested in clarifying me about my residencia definitiva the exact same time in another thread. Check the time difference between my first comment here and his. He already seen it and was attending to me in another thread. Don't think too much of yourself. Then again, where you think I've been or not is your full-time business. Get your bigoted ass off my notifications
:lol:

So I'm bigoted because I called you on your bullshit or because you don't know a thing about the Chilean immigration system, other than what you read at whatever wiki you quoted before?

You were wrong. That's a fact. Continuing to throw a tantrum will only amuse me. You're really going over your head if you think I care about you. What I care about is you spreading misinformation. Don't do that and we're cool.
I'm NOT your lawyer, accountant or financial planner. All information at this post should be considered for your entertainment only. Consult a professional before making a decision regarding whatever topic was mentioned in this post.

User avatar
tiagoabner
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 1447
Joined: Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:48 am
Location: Concón

Re: Hello amigos

Post by tiagoabner » Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:51 pm

Sparkle_Pony wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:07 am
Please everyone. Info has been cleared. This post and forum exists to help each other with info, or experience. Let’s not get sidetracked with unnecessary arguments.

Thanks a lot. I am still looking for info regarding Residencia Temporaria situation. I hope you can calm your minds.
This forum's admin is the owner of the largest legal and immigration firm in Chile focused on foreigners. Per his post, immigration is currently beyond a do-it-yourself scope, so it may be a good idea to drop him as email to discuss the specifics for your situation.
I'm NOT your lawyer, accountant or financial planner. All information at this post should be considered for your entertainment only. Consult a professional before making a decision regarding whatever topic was mentioned in this post.

User avatar
tiagoabner
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 1447
Joined: Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:48 am
Location: Concón

Re: Hello amigos

Post by tiagoabner » Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:20 pm

purest wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:05 pm
Sparkle_Pony wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:07 am
Please everyone. Info has been cleared. This post and forum exists to help each other with info, or experience
Thank you for reiterating that once again for them. Don't just get why people get cocky for no just reason and at the same time expect to be accorded the respect they denied others. I'm glad what I said from an unreliable source had already been looked into as I explicitly advised, and there was some atom of truth not just a pure fabrication on my part. What could have been "you're wrong.. And then his comment", nitwit felt he was in a position to talk down on me like maybe his wife and chose to ignore whatever I had to say all cocked up, made up forum rules in his head. Just showed me how immature lads in here could be whereas forum is littered with unverified info with experienced members there to address them smh exactly why it's a forum.
Sparkle_Pony wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:07 am
Let’s not get sidetracked with unnecessary arguments.

Thanks a lot. I am still looking for info regarding Residencia Temporaria situation. I hope you can calm your minds.
When everything is over Spencer global should be of help. Good luck dear
The best part is you're still wrong. OP needs to contact Spencer yesterday, not months from now.
I'm NOT your lawyer, accountant or financial planner. All information at this post should be considered for your entertainment only. Consult a professional before making a decision regarding whatever topic was mentioned in this post.

Jamers41
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 379
Joined: Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:11 pm

Re: Hello amigos

Post by Jamers41 » Sun Apr 19, 2020 4:57 pm

Sparkle_Pony wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:14 pm
I appreciate the info about this subject.
I know Perú is not part of Mercosur any more, I have been looking into that.
So what I gather is that we cannot really apply to the Residencia Temporaria on our own? Or that it probably end up nowhere if we even try? I want to start this process and make it the least painful for us, hopefully it won’t take forever. With what’s happening right now I am sure we will have to renew our tourist visas, so we can stay legally in the country but I was hoping to start the Residencia now so we wouldn’t have to do that.
I guess now it’s all about adapting to the current situation.
I should probably contact Spencer Global about my Residencia for legal advice?

Thanks for the support gente linda!
If I were in your situation, I would try to do both, meaning try to apply online (assuming that it's really possible on Extranjería's website) to extend your legal tourist status to give yourself more time, and in the meantime start gathering the documentation necessary to apply for temporary residency. I think the admin's post was a good summary of all of the current difficulties involved in the residency application process, so that's why I would try to get my valid tourist status extended: in order to have more time just to be able to apply for residency, because it's normally not a fast process and now it will be even harder to get all of the paperwork you need (this also may depend on HOW you qualify, I was able to get temporary residency years ago as an "ex-resident" because I had a student visa before). Once you do finally apply for residency, you are OK to continue to be in the country while they have to respond to your application.....the problem will be just getting to that point, to be able to send in an application that's likely to be approved (because you followed all the instructions and included everything).

Please keep in mind that this is just my personal opinion based on previous experience and what I've read among forum members here, things might (and usually do) change and it's not legal advice.

Jamers41
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 379
Joined: Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:11 pm

Re: Hello amigos

Post by Jamers41 » Sun Apr 19, 2020 4:57 pm

Yeah and Spencer Global knows their stuff obviously :wink:

User avatar
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 24182
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:02 pm
Location: Frutillar, Chile
Contact:

Re: Hello amigos

Post by admin » Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:52 am

sorry guys. missed that one.

Russia has been outsourcing their bullshit to africa recently.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

User avatar
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 24182
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:02 pm
Location: Frutillar, Chile
Contact:

Re: Hello amigos

Post by admin » Mon Apr 20, 2020 12:41 pm

FYI, ignore the spammer under the username "purest". Everything they said is wrong, cut and paste, trolling from other sources.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

Sparkle_Pony
Rank: Chile Forum Tourist
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Apr 17, 2020 1:33 pm
Location: Ñuble
Contact:

Re: Hello amigos

Post by Sparkle_Pony » Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:21 pm

Thanks for your response. For now Migración responded to our application for an appointment with an email saying we need to send our info, documents, etc by email. They will review and the. Let us know if they accept our application to send the documents by real mail. We will try this way first and then let you all ow in another thread what happens. BTW we are applying to Visa Temporaria de Rentist. Wish me luck!
🦄

Post Reply