CRAZY PHONE CALLS, and THE CHILEAN MAIL

Introduce yourself, discover who else is here, and get news and information about the forum. Most of all, tell us what Chile means for you.

Moderator: eeuunikkeiexpat

admin
Site Admin

Re: CRAZY PHONE CALLS, and THE CHILEAN MAIL

Post by admin » Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:41 am

or drugs in the public water system:

https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm ... ?_amp=true

or, worse, they are just crazy.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:45 am

oh, got a new one.

guy calls me the other day.

guy: is this master card?

me: sorry you have the wrong number

guy: well do you have the number for master card.

me: are you kidding me?

guy: find me the number for master card

me: beeeeeeeeeep.

here is the kicker. It was 7 a.m. on a frigen sunday morning

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:08 am

Had a contact the other day from another american asking to file a refugee immigration aplication.

NO ONE IS GIVING AN AMERICAN REFUGEE STATUS!!!!

then I started thinking about it. seems to be a fast growing market, with lots of demand.

It is getting so regular, I am about to say screw it, and start handling refugee aplications for Americans.

so I thought to myself, 'what should we charge for that'?

I am going to charge about $1,000 u.s. for processing the refugee aplications (that will be denied with a 110% certainty).

and $99,000 U.S. for the "bat shit crazy" fee.

In which case, if they were not so bat shit crazy, they could just immigrate to Chile the regular way.

as an old buisness partner I had years ago use tell clients that made totally unreasonable requests, "Got money, no problem".

I floated that idea to my wife, who's response was, "are you crazy"?

:lol: :mrgreen: :alien:

I have not drank the water regularly in the united States for over 25 years, so can't just be something in the water.

:lol:

tiagoabner

Post by tiagoabner » Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:40 am

admin wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:45 am
oh, got a new one.

guy calls me the other day.

guy: is this master card?

me: sorry you have the wrong number

guy: well do you have the number for master card.

me: are you kidding me?

guy: find me the number for master card

me: beeeeeeeeeep.

here is the kicker. It was 7 a.m. on a frigen sunday morning
Oh boy, the amount of crazy that we handle on a daily basis on my work is quite hilariously. The insurance brokerage agency where I work only sells life and disability insurance, but that doesn't stop the crazies from calling.

We get 1-2 calls per day from people asking about some random insurance product that we don't work with, and they often demand that we give them the correct contact once they figure out that they have the wrong number. Which, mind you, usually takes some time.

The most frequent one is with John Hancock's long term care insurance. For whatever reason, people mix up our number and theirs. We've checked on Google already and we couldn't find any reason for the mix up (the numbers aren't similar, there isn't any place where we're listed alongside JH). And it's always someone borderline crazy.
I'm NOT your lawyer, accountant or financial planner. All information at this post should be considered for your entertainment only. Consult a professional before making a decision regarding whatever topic was mentioned in this post.

tiagoabner

Post by tiagoabner » Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:53 am

admin wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:08 am

as an old buisness partner I had years ago use tell clients that made totally unreasonable requests, "Got money, no problem".
In Portuguese, crazy people with money are usually referred to as "excentric" instead of crazy. Hehe.

My favorite "it's OK, he has money" story was a client of us that wanted to get a huge life insurance policy because the Saudi secret service might be after him. We usually don't bother selling to crazy, but this guy had a very high net worth and he was a surgeon making seven figures, so my boss gave us the OK.

It seems that the guy had posted once in an internet forum after 9/11 saying that he believed that the Saudi government was involved in the attacks and someone else posted there saying that the Saudis would be after him due to him exposing them.

He bought their story, and he firmly believed that the Saudis would be after him at any moment now. Mind you, this is a highly educated person that doesn't take drugs. Still, he met all the underwriting criteria and got his ridiculously large policy, so that's good for us, I guess. At least we made some money out of it.
I'm NOT your lawyer, accountant or financial planner. All information at this post should be considered for your entertainment only. Consult a professional before making a decision regarding whatever topic was mentioned in this post.