September 18th warning

Introduce yourself, discover who else is here, and get news and information about the forum. Most of all, tell us what Chile means for you.

Moderator: eeuunikkeiexpat

admin
Site Admin

September 18th warning

Post by admin » Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:12 am

Reminder that the September 18th independence holiday is coming up.

Don't bother trying to do anything that does not have an asado and pisco sour attached to it in chile.

This is going to be a long one too.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

Putenio

Re: September 18th warning

Post by Putenio » Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:54 pm

Our Covepa calendar has holiday red Sept 18-20; 22, but the whole week is a holiday for many - and most (private) schools have the week off. UNAB (Universidad Andres Bello) also has the whole week (Sept 16-22) for the holiday.

This week is a pre-holiday celebration as well. Saturday (7), Wednesday (11), and Thursday (12) - the American School has folklore dancing events. The German School (Pto Montt) has one today (Tuesday) and probably more. Parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins attending ... Lot of pre-holiday festivities.
Enjoying the beautiful southern peninsula of Puerto Montt in the heart of it all.
Tenio Natural Reserve: http://www.visitsouthernchile.blogspot.com

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:13 pm

Yea, you can pretty much after this Thursday, the 12th, write off the rest of the month.

At least Friday, the 13th, through all next week until Monday is the "official" holiday. Then figure a week of hang-over recovery, getting caught up on all the work that was not done all the rest of the month; which by then there is another weekend, leaving a couple days of the month. So what is the point?

Or at least, that is how Chileans are going to read the rest of the month. :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll:

We are cutting our people loose this Friday, possibly even Thursday depending on how badly the rest of the country slows down. We like to always take advantage of these holidays as much as possible, to recharge our employees. If the hole country is on vacation and not willing to do anything, there is not much we can do to solve client problems anyway, best to max out the R&R while we got the chance. They tend to come back a whole lot more enthusiastic about working.

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

41southchile

Post by 41southchile » Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:45 pm

The guy I get to do fences asked me if was ok to come do some work on the 19th and 20th, he said he will be over the Feriados by then, too long to be doing nothing he said. He Doesn't drink , used to quite hard apparantly but hasn't for 8 years now (smokes like a train though) The ex drinkers seem to be some of the better employees I've had . I guess they are motivated and want to keep busy. I told him if he really wanted to, was fine by me.
Comuna Loncotoro Lakes Region Chile

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:05 pm

yea, fairly long dull holiday if you don't drink.

guess you can go fly a kite.

eeuunikkeiexpat
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:17 pm

Fly a kite with hilo curado for thrills if psycopathic.

I notice that many socio and psychopathic types are teetotalers or on the wagon, all the better to size you up for their purposes :alien:
There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true;

the other is to refuse to believe what is true.

- Søren Kierkegaard

41southchile

Post by 41southchile » Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:55 pm

eeuunikkeiexpat wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:17 pm

I notice that many socio and psychopathic types are teetotalers or on the wagon, all the better to size you up for their purposes :alien:
🤔So what's Trump a socio o psycho type? 🤔

41southchile

Post by 41southchile » Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:57 pm

Anyway as per the post . Llanquihue and Puerto Varas were pumping today, feels like the holidays have started already, everyone down at the local unimarc (expect my fencer) grabbing a six pack or two , helped that it was a nice sunny day and felt like Spring.

eeuunikkeiexpat
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:02 pm

41southchile wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:55 pm
eeuunikkeiexpat wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:17 pm

🤔So what's Trump a socio o psycho type? 🤔
Could be. The best most intelligent of that bunch can only be discerned over a period of time. Of course Bill and Hill have a lot of traits but the MSM never go after them unless you want your life ruined or ended in an accident or suicide. :alien:

As regards your next post, SALUD :!:
There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true;

the other is to refuse to believe what is true.

- Søren Kierkegaard

41southchile

Post by 41southchile » Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:20 pm

So for another few dozen families this year 18 September will mark a time of pain and loss, adding to the thousands that have lost people over the decades at this time of year.
Yesterday morning at 4.30am about 10kms from here a father of three young kids, and husband, aged 41 years old was killed when he crashed his vehicle while apparently under the influence of alcohol . Andres bought a parcela off us two years ago and last year built here, he had a daughter less than two and another couple of kids not much older
RIP Vecino

https://www.radiosago.cl/un-muerto-deja ... de-fresia/

tiagoabner

Post by tiagoabner » Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:49 pm

Do you guys have any recommendations for places to go or things to do around Santiago during the holidays? I'll be around for the 18th for the first time, and I wanted to see if there's anything worth doing or going to.
I'm NOT your lawyer, accountant or financial planner. All information at this post should be considered for your entertainment only. Consult a professional before making a decision regarding whatever topic was mentioned in this post.

Space Cat

Post by Space Cat » Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:47 pm

41southchile wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:20 pm
So for another few dozen families this year 18 September will mark a time of pain and loss, adding to the thousands that have lost people over the decades at this time of year.
Yesterday morning at 4.30am about 10kms from here a father of three young kids, and husband, aged 41 years old was killed when he crashed his vehicle while apparently under the influence of alcohol . Andres bought a parcela off us two years ago and last year built here, he had a daughter less than two and another couple of kids not much older
RIP Vecino

https://www.radiosago.cl/un-muerto-deja ... de-fresia/
😞

All the roads will be dangerous for a week, so everybody please take care! Also, maybe install and setup some ride sharing and taxi apps in advance.