Have a poor friend in Santiago needing cardiac care and possibly surgery.How can I help her from US?

Introduce yourself, discover who else is here, and get news and information about the forum. Most of all, tell us what Chile means for you.

Moderator: eeuunikkeiexpat

bobserb

Re: Have a poor friend in Santiago needing cardiac care and possibly surgery.How can I help her from US?

Post by bobserb » Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:52 am

Smell like possible "cuenta del tio" ?

Donnybrook

Re: Have a poor friend in Santiago needing cardiac care and possibly surgery.How can I help her from US?

Post by Donnybrook » Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:19 am

Presumably they have no bank account. One possibility is Western Union. They would need to give you the Chilean ID number of the person collecting the money and the name exactly as it appears on that ID. If the name does not match exactly they will not be able to pick up the money. Don't send large amounts of money this way - maybe US$200 max.

You say a "friend" so guessing you know this person and trust that the need is genuine. What they can get in the way of health care varies according to whether they have any coverage, state or private, and what needs fixing. Perhaps they could fill you in on all this. There are a lot of safety nets in Chile if you know the system and Gloria is correct that they probably know the system better than we do. But a small contribution can help with transport, medicines etc.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:24 am

Im going to let this thread run a bit more, but my finger is on the ban button at the first confirmed signed the OP is either running a scam or being scammed.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

Gloria

Post by Gloria » Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:47 am

admin wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:24 am
....... the OP is either running a scam or being scammed.
Perhaps from Nigeria? :D Those buggers are everywhere. :D And speaking of.....? I like to watch the program "Espías del amor" on Thurdays and how people get scammed in different ways. Last week was this naive man that sent to England to a "supposedly" on line girlfriend the amount of CL$18.000.000 throughout his "3 year relationship with her". At the end it was discovered that the scammer was a Nigerian woman, uglier than a mortal sin while he was getting pics of this "fake" pretty British girl.
condorito-820x500.jpg
I'm from the generation of common sense, wisdom and unfiltered answers. I sayeth as I seeth.

El Zorro

Post by El Zorro » Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:55 pm

bobserb wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:52 am
Smell like possible "cuenta del tio" ?
Since you used this at least twice on this forum, somebody is likely to repeat it, especially these days. The expression is cuento del tío, “an uncle story,” a con job.

------------------------------------------------------
Never dwell on the past if it won't change your future.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:36 am

Gloria wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:47 am
admin wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:24 am
....... the OP is either running a scam or being scammed.
Perhaps from Nigeria? :D Those buggers are everywhere. :D And speaking of.....? I like to watch the program "Espías del amor" on Thurdays and how people get scammed in different ways. Last week was this naive man that sent to England to a "supposedly" on line girlfriend the amount of CL$18.000.000
throughout his "3 year relationship with her". At the end it was discovered that the scammer was a Nigerian woman, uglier than a mortal sin while he was getting pics of this "fake" pretty British girl.

condorito-820x500.jpg
Sounds like he got off cheap.

She could have been for real, got married, and then got really cleaned out.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

eeuunikkeiexpat
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:40 pm

6.320 pacientes que estaban en lista de espera murieron el año pasado

http://www.soychile.cl/Santiago/Socieda ... asado.aspx
Generally, just a SPAM KILLER. You are on your own in this forum. My personal mission here is done.

BUT when necessary, by way of ridicule and truth revelation we shalt do war.

--eeuunikkeiexpat