How long before a newbie can send a private message?

Introduce yourself, discover who else is here, and get news and information about the forum. Most of all, tell us what Chile means for you.

Moderator: eeuunikkeiexpat

mpatry

How long before a newbie can send a private message?

Post by mpatry » Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:12 pm

Hi! I signed up a few days ago, posted a question, and received 2 primate messages in response. But I can't reply... I get a message stating that it takes a while before I get that function working.... does anyone know how long?

Thank you.

Marc Patry
Ottawa

Britkid

Re: How long before a newbie can send a private message?

Post by Britkid » Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:27 pm

I don't think primates really have the intellectual capacities to answer questions about Chile.

If you do converse with them, at least avoid a face to face meeting. They are quite strong and dangerous and tend to try and steal your food.

Mind you, there are also not that many primates living in Chile which makes me wonder whether these messages are even genuine at all.
In 2014/2015 I blogged about my life in Chile. http://web.archive.org/web/201601121940 ... age_id=268

susiedillon

Post by susiedillon » Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:36 pm

I am trying to PM you but having difficulty ... perhaps the forum is not set up for primates like me! Mpatry please let me know if you have not received my PM response and I will try again.

mpatry

Post by mpatry » Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:52 am

Ok Ok - so I'm the typo king! My secret is out. PRIVATE message ;-)

Susie, I did get your PM - but simply can't respond. Please let's have a coffee when you're back in Ottawa. Send me another PM with your email address if you like.

Space Cat

Post by Space Cat » Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:33 am

If I remember correctly, email addresses are removed automatically by the forum engine.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:22 pm

Not sure what is going on, but there is no restriction on you sending pm messages.

We have had a few people not understand that a message stays in your outbox until read by the recipent.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.