Time limitations to move container into Chile?

Introduce yourself, discover who else is here, and get news and information about the forum. Most of all, tell us what Chile means for you.

Moderator: eeuunikkeiexpat

Gloria

Re: Time limitations to move container into Chile?

Post by Gloria » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:49 pm

tiagoabner wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:59 am

Not admin, obviously, but I went through the Visa Mercosur procedures. This Visa is intended for Mercosur citizens and it has no financial requirement at all. You will not be asked for receipts, proof of income or anything else for your Visa Temporaria application, per the list at the extranjeria website.
Glad you joined the conversation. This woman has been asking desperately for info viewtopic.php?f=2&t=16269 and none has stepped forward to help her.
I'm from the generation of common sense, wisdom and unfiltered answers. I sayeth as I seeth.

eeuunikkeiexpat
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:58 pm

Gloria wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:52 pm
eeuunikkeiexpat wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:44 am
Gloria wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:37 pm
I would suggest for you to revise your intentions of getting a Mercosur visa. For what I understand is a visa for investors, don't know much about it.
Very bad advice. Hope admin chimes in here.
As I said earlier..." I would suggest for you to revise your intentions of getting a Mercosur visa. For what I understand is a visa for investors, don't know much about it. The sentence, don´t know much a bout it must mean something?
The shitty "Investors" visa and why one should not apply for this type of visa has been discussed many times before on this forum. Very old topic for those paying attention through the years. Why one would even opt for or recommend that or the other TRVs when the MERCOSUR has less requirements is beyond me.
Generally, just a SPAM KILLER. You are on your own in this forum. My personal mission here is done.

BUT when necessary, by way of ridicule and truth revelation we shalt do war.

--eeuunikkeiexpat

tiagoabner

Post by tiagoabner » Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:14 pm

Gloria wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:49 pm
tiagoabner wrote:

Not admin, obviously, but I went through the Visa Mercosur procedures. This Visa is intended for Mercosur citizens and it has no financial requirement at all. You will not be asked for receipts, proof of income or anything else for your Visa Temporaria application, per the list at the extranjeria website.
Glad you joined the conversation. This woman has been asking desperately for info viewtopic.php?f=2&t=16269 and none has stepped forward to help her.
I have actually answered her questions when she opened her first topic, but I cannot answer about time limitations to move a container. All my possessions fit in my luggage, so I never even considered moving abroad taking a container full of stuff. It always seemed more cost-efficient to sell the items at the origin country and purchase them, if needed, at the destination country.

Gloria

Post by Gloria » Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:18 pm

Al parecer "nos hablamos pero no nos entendemos". Lo dejaré hasta aquí para no perder la paciencia que no tengo!
I'm from the generation of common sense, wisdom and unfiltered answers. I sayeth as I seeth.

GabyMH

Post by GabyMH » Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:21 pm

Thanks everybody for your input!

Gloria

Post by Gloria » Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:25 pm

tiagoabner wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:14 pm
Gloria wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:49 pm
tiagoabner wrote:

I have actually answered her questions when she opened her first topic, but I cannot answer about time limitations to move a container. All my possessions fit in my luggage, so I never even considered moving abroad taking a container full of stuff. It always seemed more cost-efficient to sell the items at the origin country and purchase them, if needed, at the destination country.
Got ya! Thanks for the response.

Becerra65

Post by Becerra65 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:01 pm

Why is it so difficult to get step by step instructions in English as to the visa requirements in Chile? My fiance/domestic partner a Chilean resident was deported after living in the US for 30+ years last June. We've had a home together for 15 years in the US. I am moving there permanently June 12th. I am moving a 20ft container of our HHG here in the US. I am trying to start the process of obtaining a temporary resident visa so that I can receive our container when I get there and avoid the import taxes or whatever other charges or road blocks they chose to come up with, We have already sent one container which he received as a returning resident.

My questions is what type of visa do I apply for? And where can I get the instructions in English? The Chile Embassy in Los Angeles is limited on getting information. I think I have two options apply for a temporary visa with a work contract, which I have notarized, or just a temporary resident visa with a link to a Chilean resident who is my future husband. I have one issue, hopefully it won't be, on my FBI background check. Almost 10 years ago I was arrested on a drug possession charge. Part of it was dismissed and I completed a program but it still shows up as an arrest. The circumstances of this arrest don't matter except that I have never been in trouble before or since this incident.

Is this going to prevent me from getting a visa? Has anyone experienced this?

Becerra65

Post by Becerra65 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:02 pm

Why is it so difficult to get step by step instructions in English as to the visa requirements in Chile? My fiance/domestic partner a Chilean resident was deported after living in the US for 30+ years last June. We've had a home together for 15 years in the US. I am moving there permanently June 12th. I am moving a 20ft container of our HHG here in the US. I am trying to start the process of obtaining a temporary resident visa so that I can receive our container when I get there and avoid the import taxes or whatever other charges or road blocks they chose to come up with, We have already sent one container which he received as a returning resident.

My questions is what type of visa do I apply for? And where can I get the instructions in English? The Chile Embassy in Los Angeles is limited on getting information. I think I have two options apply for a temporary visa with a work contract, which I have notarized, or just a temporary resident visa with a link to a Chilean resident who is my future husband. I have one issue, hopefully it won't be, on my FBI background check. Almost 10 years ago I was arrested on a drug possession charge. Part of it was dismissed and I completed a program but it still shows up as an arrest. The circumstances of this arrest don't matter except that I have never been in trouble before or since this incident.

Becerra65

Post by Becerra65 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:20 pm

Can you move a container there and receive it just with a tourist visa? I know there would be taxes to pay. If you have the TRV the import tax is waived on the value of the first $5,000 which if it is household goods you would say that is all the contents of the container is worth. I shipped a container to my fiance last year but need to do it again this year as I am now moving there to join him. It is my understanding that it is easier to obtain the visa first here in the US. Anyone else experience this?

HybridAmbassador

Post by HybridAmbassador » Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:21 pm

Almost 10 years ago I was arrested on a drug possession charge. Part of it was dismissed and I completed a program but it still shows up as an arrest. The circumstances of this arrest don't matter except that I have never been in trouble before or since this incident.

admin can chime in for your question answering. But if you get married to a Chilean things might get easier, I hope.
HybridAmbassador. Toyota Hybrid system for helping climate change.

eeuunikkeiexpat
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:44 pm

Hmmm.

Not advice (if you want real advice, call and pay the company below).

Given the huge backup at Extranjería, along with a change in administration, it is even more important to stick to the KISS principle.

Change your final leave the USSA date. Budget for multiple trips to Chile over the next 12 months. On the first trip, you go to Registro Civil and setup and schedule a Chile wedding. On the second trip, you get married, wait or week or two or perhaps longer to get the marriage cert and then begin the application for a marriage visa at Extranjería. On the third trip, you get your visa paperwork in order. You can then send your container.

Or if you can, remain for up to 9+ months in Chile for marriage setup, marriage, visa application, approval, final paperwork then return to States to finalize container shipment.
Generally, just a SPAM KILLER. You are on your own in this forum. My personal mission here is done.

BUT when necessary, by way of ridicule and truth revelation we shalt do war.

--eeuunikkeiexpat

Donnybrook

Post by Donnybrook » Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:32 pm

You refer to your partner as a Chilean resident. Do you mean citizen?