Visa MERCOSUR - Pregunta

Introduce yourself, discover who else is here, and get news and information about the forum. Most of all, tell us what Chile means for you.

Moderator: eeuunikkeiexpat

GabyMH

Visa MERCOSUR - Pregunta

Post by GabyMH » Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:23 pm

Hola a todos!
Tengo intención de sacar una visa Mercosur para radicarme en Chile. Por lo que tengo entendido primero debo tramitar la visa temporaria y al cabo de 1 año la visa permanente.
Alguien sabría decirme cuanto están tardando actualmente para otorgar ese tipo de visado?
Una vez que inicio el tramite, puedo entrar y salir de Chile libremente o debo permanecer en el país hasta tanto me entreguen la visa?
Durante cuanto tiempo debo permanecer en Chile (días corridos) para no perder el derecho a luego solicitar la visa permanente?
Desde ya muchas gracias por cualquier dato que puedan enviarme!

HybridAmbassador

Re: Visa MERCOSUR - Pregunta

Post by HybridAmbassador » Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:31 pm

Querida Gaby, con su habilidad linguistica castellano, seria mas facil si indagase con chile.gov directamente,en vez de preguntar en el foro No?
HybridAmbassador. Toyota Hybrid system for helping climate change.

GabyMH

Post by GabyMH » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:34 pm

Hi, Hybrid. Seems I have bothered you with my questions...
I have checked the Extranjeria site but I haven't found info regarding the time it's taking them to process visas, at present, and that is a key issue for me since I won't be able to move my container till I have obtained a visa. Living without personal stuff for 3 months is one thing; for 8, it's completely different...
I'm in touch with the Chilean consulate that corresponds to the state I'm living in in the US and they couldn't be more inefficient. In fact, the person in charge of visas told me I can't leave Chile while my visa is being processed, while a lawyer I contacted told me I can leave as many days as I want.
I've found a lot of kind people who've got useful info to share on this site. That's why I thought it was worth asking.

Gloria

Post by Gloria » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:07 pm

GabyMH wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:34 pm
I have checked the Extranjeria site but I haven't found info regarding the time it's taking them to process visas, at present, and that is a key issue for me since I won't be able to move my container till I have obtained a visa. Living without personal stuff for 3 months is one thing; for 8, it's completely different...
I'm in touch with the Chilean consulate that corresponds to the state I'm living in in the US and they couldn't be more inefficient. In fact, the person in charge of visas told me I can't leave Chile while my visa is being processed, while a lawyer I contacted told me I can leave as many days as I want.
I've found a lot of kind people who've got useful info to share on this site. That's why I thought it was worth asking.
Gaby, I´ll try to find the answer for you. I know so well what all entails so give me few days to be able to help you. I have been busy with other matters . As soon as I can I´ll get back to you.
I'm from the generation of common sense, wisdom and unfiltered answers. I sayeth as I seeth.

HybridAmbassador

Post by HybridAmbassador » Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:25 pm

GabyMH wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:34 pm
gabyMH, I understand your frustration in dealing with Chilean consulate, especially in the US. However, it strikes me as odd that you opened subject Visa Mercosur - pregunta in Spanish. I'm pretty sure that there are many forumites in here capable of Spanish language knowledge but then you outlaying your questions in Spanish. It hasn't bothered me at all but indeed a bit odd to read your questions written in Spanish in an English forum.? Thus my response to your questions using my poor Spanish ...No biggie but just to make a point.

GabyMH

Post by GabyMH » Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:30 pm

Sorry, Hybrid! I don't mind writing in English. I just didn't realize... And I thought that it was highly possible that only other Mercosur citizens (Spanish speakers) would be able to send me info regarding a Mercosur visa :0) English is good with me! No more Spanish then :0)

HybridAmbassador

Post by HybridAmbassador » Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:13 pm

Gaby, don't mind reading colorful Argentinean vocabularies depicting such words as: Che, Boludo, Mina, Hincha pelota etc.!