(Sort of) new user - Hello!

Introduce yourself, discover who else is here, and get news and information about the forum. Most of all, tell us what Chile means for you.

Moderator: eeuunikkeiexpat

bones

(Sort of) new user - Hello!

Post by bones » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:26 pm

Been on the forum for years but only an occasional contributor because I was in the US. Just made the move to Chile this past weekend after a few years of planning and preparation.

Currently in Constitucion with the Suegros, but looking for more permanent location either in the VII or VIII region, or maybe even somewhere in the X or XIV region. We love the south but unfortunately it's a bit far from the family.

Between myself and the Haitians, the sector of town I'm in has become quite cosmopolitan very quickly :)

Gloria

Re: (Sort of) new user - Hello!

Post by Gloria » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:44 pm

bones wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:26 pm
Between myself and the Haitians, the sector of town I'm in has become quite cosmopolitan very quickly :)
:lol: :lol: Haitians everywhere... I wonder if there are any left in Haiti. I remember you, welcome back and assuming permanently? Trust me....keep your distance from the in laws :D
I'm from the generation of common sense, wisdom and unfiltered answers. I sayeth as I seeth.

bones

Post by bones » Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:21 pm

Yes, indefinitely at least. The goal is to stay permanently barring an unexpected event that would require us to move back. Our oldest will start school here in March.

My in-laws are great, believe it or not. But we definitely need a place of our own that's not in Constitucion. Not a whole lot going on here.

Gloria

Post by Gloria » Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:36 pm

I was just kidding, glad your in laws are great. Time to start looking for a piece of land? Hope it works out for you. Good luck to you.
I'm from the generation of common sense, wisdom and unfiltered answers. I sayeth as I seeth.

KDnR

Post by KDnR » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:42 pm

Hello there,

Welcome to Chile, we just moved here several months ago and currently located in Santa Cruz. My youngest daughter is at the same age as your oldest. Anyway, just wanted to say hi. If you pass by our area, stop by to have a coffee or something, we are open to getting to know people in the area.