Any Brits on this forum?

Introduce yourself, discover who else is here, and get news and information about the forum. Most of all, tell us what Chile means for you.

Moderator: eeuunikkeiexpat

GabyMH

Any Brits on this forum?

Post by GabyMH » Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:54 pm

Hi, guys.
I'd like to get in touch with British people. My husband and I are planning to move to Chile and we'd be glad if we could get in touch with people from the UK to exchange info and ask for tips and advice.
Thanks!

KDnR

Re: Any Brits on this forum?

Post by KDnR » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:54 pm

HI there,
Are English speaking people allowed to participate or only people from the UK with your cool accent?

paladin

Post by paladin » Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:18 pm

GabyMH
I’m a brit who has been here for 18 years, send me a PM if you want or email expat2577@gmail.com and I’ll be glad to help where I can

GabyMH

Post by GabyMH » Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:07 pm

Nothing against other English accents :0) It's just that we need to ask questions relative to the UK/Chile...

lost gringo

Post by lost gringo » Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:36 pm

Member Britkid maybe? Sure to be some others.
Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.
allegedly said by Mark Twain

Donnybrook

Post by Donnybrook » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:09 am

I am but not been a resident in the UK for a long time. There is a FB page called Discover Chile which has the most Brits on it and is good for asking general questions. If you give an idea of what you are looking for there may be better sources.

Britkid

Post by Britkid » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:48 am

I am from the UK. I moved to Chile in January 2014.

This article I did might be useful if you are from the UK:
viewtopic.php?t=16146
Focus on the above banking and other stuff 3-6 months before leaving (or sooner)

I did a blog in 2014-2015 which inevitably focused on some things in Chile that were different to UK
http://web.archive.org/web/201601121940 ... age_id=268
It might not be of your interest if you're more practical though. It's more musings and light.

Why don't you post your questions on the forum and I and others can help you out. I think that is better because then others can benefit from the exchange also. However, we could do PM/email if you prefer.

GabyMH

Post by GabyMH » Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:19 pm

Thanks for the info, Britkid! I've already posted some questions on the forum. I think I'll be posting some more in the months to come :0)
(GREAT FORUM by the way!)

jehturner

Post by jehturner » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:06 pm

Guilty, but I doubt I can enlighten you about Chile much more than others on the forum, especially as I didn't have to go through the usual immigration procedures at this end and I last lived in the UK 16-17 years ago and never had a full-time job there, or property, children etc. (though I do visit). My time is also very limited nowadays but I'll try to keep an eye out for GB-related questions. Good luck.

James.

Ramana66

Post by Ramana66 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:18 pm

Hi All,

From UK and will be moving to Santiago after this Easter (around April time). Have lot of questions and will do a new post. Thanks every one.