New Member Here

Introduce yourself, discover who else is here, and get news and information about the forum. Most of all, tell us what Chile means for you.

Moderator: eeuunikkeiexpat

admin
Site Admin

Re: New Member Here

Post by admin » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:23 pm

I don't mean for this to come off like some sort of moderation on the forum, but what the hell is this thread about?
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

Gloria

Post by Gloria » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:32 pm

You are right. Started with someone "asking for advice about business" but it got in to a drama for a soap opera....just boredom I guess.
I'm from the generation of common sense, wisdom and unfiltered answers. I sayeth as I seeth.

Space Cat

Post by Space Cat » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:48 pm

"Got"? Like, on its own? 🤔

tiagoabner

Post by tiagoabner » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:56 pm

And that, kiddos, is why you don't feed the trolls.

Gloria

Post by Gloria » Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:19 pm

tiagoabner wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:56 pm
And that, kiddos, is why you don't feed the trolls.
You are itching to get into the "sandbox" to play, don't you?
I'm from the generation of common sense, wisdom and unfiltered answers. I sayeth as I seeth.

Gloria

Post by Gloria » Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:22 pm

Space Cat wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:48 pm
"Got"? Like, on its own? 🤔
Thru osmosis.

David_Bro

Post by David_Bro » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:29 pm

Wow-----So Gloria if you are so over it why the year long thread about it explaining yourself with all the Me in blue?-----I don't get it, if you decide to make a post on a topic just say it and not get so cranky about it?-----If you were in a bar someplace talking advice with someone and you act like you do, you'd get popped in the mouth and thrown out into the street on your head----the forum can be anonymous if you choose it be so, and fine-----I guess its easy to blow up when no one knows who you are but then its just as easy to be chill-----hand off the advice and let the snowflakes find out on their own.

###

Gloria

Post by Gloria » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:30 pm

David_Bro wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:29 pm
Wow-----So Gloria if you are so over it why the year long thread about it explaining yourself with all the Me in blue?-----I don't get it, if you decide to make a post on a topic just say it and not get so cranky about it?-----If you were in a bar someplace talking advice with someone and you act like you do, you'd get popped in the mouth and thrown out into the street on your head----the forum can be anonymous if you choose it be so, and fine-----I guess its easy to blow up when no one knows who you are but then its just as easy to be chill-----hand off the advice and let the snowflakes find out on their own.

###
David Bro, throwing more fuel into the fire does not help and that's what you are doing. You are prolonging the drama for no reason whatsoever.Let it die, let it die. I have taken the bother to explain myself due to what you and I talked about earlier and I'm quoting your own words....1)people, the idiots, hopefully listen and 2) the idiots listen------ and because of...... the idiots I need to set the record straight. I know I'm fighting a losing battle because you'll never win an argument with an idiot. And for those sensitive males.....sorry :roll: I'm hurting your feelings, but is the truth. I must also let you know that you'll never see me in a bar so you should've come out with a better example. A less "macho" approach. If you think it will get you laughs and points from the "peanut gallery", you go it all wrong. You are showing your true colors and they can also be labeled as "rude".
With regard to..... its easy to blow up when no one knows who you are...not in my case....several people in this forum knows me personally. I have opened my home, shared my table and hospitality with them. Now you can put this in your Facebook page.

Quitou

Post by Quitou » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:09 am

I should have turned off my email notifications....:)

Space Cat, David_Bro, Charles, Britkid, and several others did offer great advice and I thanked them openly for it. I absolutely understand the challenges. Life is full of them. I also accept that I don't even know, how much I don't know.

Everyone overcomes challenges if they have the means and fortitude to do so. I understand Chileans are unwelcoming and unfriendly. Okay. Knowing that helps, but isn't discouraging. Parisians weren't the fuzziest people either when I moved to Paris. So the plumber in Chile won't be helpful. Okay, that too is good to know, but living in Alaska I didn't even HAVE a plumber within 200 miles.

If the challenges are: I won't get a visa, business dealings are impossible, taxes are crippling, or any other logistical road block, that's good to know. If you're telling me not to bother because people are mean -- that's a bummer, but not a deal breaker.

I guess some of you expected me to throw in the towel? I don't know. I've overcome a lot worse than nasty people with foul dispositions. Ever spent a winter in a remote village in Alaska with no daylight for four months? :)

As for Gloria, not going to go there. Gloria, I hope you find your peace.

Gloria

Post by Gloria » Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:38 am

Admin. Could you please close this topic for good? It really doesn't serve any purpose. I would appreciate it. Thank you!

HybridAmbassador

Post by HybridAmbassador » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:38 pm

Quitou, you said Good Bye two posts ago. But you still popping up to fuel the issue. Hope you can find good paying clients for your photography business.
HybridAmbassador. Toyota Hybrid system for helping climate change.

Quitou

Post by Quitou » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:45 pm

HybridAmbassador wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:38 pm
Quitou, you said Good Bye two posts ago. But you still popping up to fuel the issue. Hope you can find good paying clients for your photography business.
I did. I popped back in specifically to thank David_Bro for taking time to answer my post with so much thoughtfulness and detail. And others. I think the information here is helpful. The interactions perhaps less so. I'll be a lurker and get what I can from a distance.