New Member Here

Introduce yourself, discover who else is here, and get news and information about the forum. Most of all, tell us what Chile means for you.

Moderator: eeuunikkeiexpat

Post Reply
User avatar
Space Cat
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 1187
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:20 pm
Location: Valdivia

Re: New Member Here

Post by Space Cat » Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:14 pm

David_Bro wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:03 pm
Living in Chile and just shooting stock photos, forget it but reading through the posts you are clear on that-----its just the reality of the image business, again, no matter where you are.
Not stock photos of Chile though. Most of stock photos are centered around objects or humans and most of stock photographers are from Eastern Europe because $800-$3,000 a month is a good income there.

By the way, the number of Chilean freelancers is relatively tiny (compared to Brazil, Colombia, Argentina, Russia, and Ukraine) because the country is doing well more or less and you can find more jobs locally.

User avatar
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 16538
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:02 pm
Location: Frutillar, Chile
Contact:

Re: New Member Here

Post by admin » Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:58 am

eeuunikkeiexpat wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:16 pm
I will give credit to the OP for starting one of the more entertaining threads in months. Even got zer0nz and David Bro to come out of their shells.
I had the same thought. Have not seen those guys in a while. Hi guys!
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

Gloria
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 4395
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 12:30 pm
Location: Región de los Ríos

Re: New Member Here

Post by Gloria » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:10 am

Does it means the dust has settled?....let me tippy toe in......hum.....mighty quiet here.....I see brown smears on the walls....any guess what it could be? Let me investigate a little more....I see scratches....did someone let the dogs out? It looks safe....
I'm from the generation of common sense, wisdom and unfiltered answers. I sayeth as I seeth.

HybridAmbassador
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 3701
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:19 pm

Re: New Member Here

Post by HybridAmbassador » Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:28 pm

Well, OP said goood byeee to allchile.net. Stated that Charles is letting forum going non moderated . Another one going kaput!
HybridAmbassador. Toyota Hybrid system for helping climate change.

Gloria
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 4395
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 12:30 pm
Location: Región de los Ríos

Re: New Member Here

Post by Gloria » Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:41 pm

HybridAmbassador wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:28 pm
Well, OP said goood byeee to allchile.net. Stated that Charles is letting forum going non moderated . Another one going kaput!
There's a very wise saying that goes..." If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen ".
I'm from the generation of common sense, wisdom and unfiltered answers. I sayeth as I seeth.

User avatar
David_Bro
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 383
Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2015 3:35 pm
Location: Los Angeles, California
Contact:

Re: New Member Here

Post by David_Bro » Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:01 pm

Yes Gloria this is true " If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen " but most and the best parents will give advice and watch carefully so that no accidents occur with a child actually touching the stove and burning themselves----we have all seen it, the mother aggressively scolding a child over what ever it is in public and we all cringe and 1) feel bad for the kid with a mom like that 2) remind ourselves to not be that way and 3) wonder how the kid will turn out with a mother like along with the thought if the kid will treat their children the same way and actually 4) be happy you are not related in anyway to that family----so I would encourage you to not be that person online-----what is the cost to you to be informative without the angry routine?----I get the idiots that ask for it and its fun to see you go off actually but the innocent idiots that come?-----just parse our your advice and move on and watch the disasterpiece unfold like it so commonly will------I remember from a far away post so long ago, i owe you an ice cream cone, have not forgotten-----Chill babe and let the drama unfold-----

Gloria
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 4395
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 12:30 pm
Location: Región de los Ríos

Re: New Member Here

Post by Gloria » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:15 pm

David_Bro wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:01 pm
Yes Gloria this is true " If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen " but most and the best parents will give advice and watch carefully so that no accidents occur with a child actually touching the stove and burning themselves----we have all seen it, the mother aggressively scolding a child over what ever it is in public and we all cringe and 1) feel bad for the kid with a mom like that 2) remind ourselves to not be that way and 3) wonder how the kid will turn out with a mother like along with the thought if the kid will treat their children the same way and actually 4) be happy you are not related in anyway to that family----so I would encourage you to not be that person online-----what is the cost to you to be informative without the angry routine?----I get the idiots that ask for it and its fun to see you go off actually but the innocent idiots that come?-----just parse our your advice and move on and watch the disasterpiece unfold like it so commonly will------I remember from a far away post so long ago, i owe you an ice cream cone, have not forgotten-----Chill babe and let the drama unfold-----
Davy honey, I remember the promise of an "ice cream cone " very well :D ......we know each other virtually for a while and through the years my respect for you has grown.I do appreciate your advice and I will keep it in mind. However I would like to try to understand the reason why people distort the facts and meaning of things. You see, I´m not an angry person, totally the opposite....I´m a jokester and a very happy one with a contagious laughter. There is no drama or bitterness in my life either, contented all the way and have everything I need and want, have not unfulfilled desires. What I do have at times and will confess with honesty is "frustration chilean style"....when you have to wait a whole hour (with watch on hand) to be served in Entel for a minor issue or on the phone to have someone hang up on you and have to start all over again, or another half hour to cash a check that has been blessed by the Pope and so many other situations that only those on a weekly basis in this bureaucracy have to deal with. I don´t get angry....but I get even!! Then I find idiots, idiots everywhere, on the phone, in person, on line....and the frustration builds...I´m not a passive person by any means. I don´t keep quiet, never afraid to speak my mind or get intimidated by anyone.... but I´m always willing to help someone with a compassionate word or some encouragement or simply tell them off when deserved. What people in this forum don´t understand is that my writing style is very particular because I use a LOT of SARCASM. They don´t know to differentiate sarcasm from trolling or harshness etc. Men get so very sensitive....maybe the female genes in them?...wish I knew. A lot sometimes goes on "behind the scenes" that doesn´t go public. Many try to be defensive when you stir them on the right path specially when is "moi" who does it and ignore the fact that there is lots of wisdom in my sentences, the wealth of information I have accumulated through the years is priceless!. Anyhow....I´m chilling babe and I´ll let the drama unfold. Kisses.
I'm from the generation of common sense, wisdom and unfiltered answers. I sayeth as I seeth.

User avatar
David_Bro
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 383
Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2015 3:35 pm
Location: Los Angeles, California
Contact:

Re: New Member Here

Post by David_Bro » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:03 pm

Hey Glory, glad you are chillin babe, so big kisses right back to you!!!!! Got it----Not giving advice and never will, but for your consideration, you might let up on the routine now and again because-----1)people, the idiots, hopefully listen and 2) the idiots listen------you can deliver a message over the fence to a neighbor on the street and over the phone and it will land well as people know you but then on the internet you can quickly become obsolete with messages of anger because the reader will just overlook what you say----and then its just words no one listens too no matter how good it feels to you for having said it------While the info you impart is useful and it very much is, your delivery is not-----so while you wish to make a difference its not so because of your attitude and not your words---words into the wind and no one listens, most of which who need to hear it the most-----

###

Gloria
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 4395
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 12:30 pm
Location: Región de los Ríos

Re: New Member Here

Post by Gloria » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:59 am

The best part about this is to read back at what I wrote and believe me, not one will be able to stop a burst of laughter!...so do the same Bro, enjoy life and never mind the rest. I feel sorry for those that don´t see the sarcastic humor in it....too bad for them. Life´s short...live it up and laugh a lot. Love ya!
I'm from the generation of common sense, wisdom and unfiltered answers. I sayeth as I seeth.

User avatar
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 16538
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:02 pm
Location: Frutillar, Chile
Contact:

Re: New Member Here

Post by admin » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:31 am

HybridAmbassador wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:28 pm
Well, OP said goood byeee to allchile.net. Stated that Charles is letting forum going non moderated . Another one going kaput!
He is suggesting that I punish Gloria for misbehaving. I am not that brave. :frighten:
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

Gloria
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 4395
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 12:30 pm
Location: Región de los Ríos

Re: New Member Here

Post by Gloria » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:04 pm

:lol: Mob mentality it's to be expected...."let's pile it up". A Judas impersonator not less. With "friends" like this, who needs enemies. More of "masculine" drama" .....and makes you wonder what's going on here.... another gender in the works? :mrgreen:
I'm from the generation of common sense, wisdom and unfiltered answers. I sayeth as I seeth.

lost gringo
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 343
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:12 pm
Location: South Park, Patagonia

Re: New Member Here

Post by lost gringo » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:28 pm

Gloria wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:04 pm
:lol: Mob mentality it's to be expected...."let's pile it up". A Judas impersonator not less. With "friends" like this, who needs enemies. More of "masculine drama" .....and makes you wonder what's going on here.... another gender in the works? :mrgreen:
In California and a couple of other states there's a third gender now. Parents can choose what sex is on a child's birth certificate, with three options. Science and Biology be damned.
Whatever floats your boat.
Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.
allegedly said by Mark Twain

Post Reply