Question of Temporary PENSIONER or FINANCIER visa for foreigners

Introduce yourself, discover who else is here, and get news and information about the forum. Most of all, tell us what Chile means for you.

Moderator: eeuunikkeiexpat

GabyMH

Question of Temporary PENSIONER or FINANCIER visa for foreigners

Post by GabyMH » Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:58 pm

Hi guys!
My husband, who is British, wants to apply for a PENSIONER or FINANCIER visa in Chile. Does anybody know what is the minimum amount of money we must be able to prove we receive as monthly income per person?
Are bank statements from the USA good enough for that purpose?
Also, I'm Argentinian and will apply for a MERCOSUR visa. Do I need to be able to demonstrate a source of income for myself?
Thanks in advance for any tips you may give me :0)

admin
Site Admin

Re: Question of Temporary PENSIONER or FINANCIER visa for foreigners

Post by admin » Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:47 pm

Think you mean the "retirement and periodic income" visa, and that is been fully discussed for years on the forum.

https://www.spencerglobal.com/chile-imm ... -visa.html

Typically however, $1,000 U.S. a month per person in the household is a safe amount, and really living in Chile comfortably for less takes some work.

It does not need to be all of your income. For example, a $500 a month social security check, plus say a savings account, work in combination.

It only needs to cover the temporary residency to permanent residency process, about 1 to 2 years total process tine, considering the mess at the immigration department these days.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

GabyMH

Post by GabyMH » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:48 pm

Thanks for this detailed info!

HybridAmbassador

Post by HybridAmbassador » Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:49 pm

admin wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:47 pm
Think you mean the "retirement and periodic income" visa, and that is been fully discussed for years on the forum.

https://www.spencerglobal.com/chile-imm ... -visa.html

Typically however, $1,000 U.S. a month per person in the household is a safe amount, and really living in Chile comfortably for less takes some work.

Well, Chile and Argentina or Peru similar at US$1k per month, but why is Brazil requirement of over US$2k? It means that inflation in Brazil is 100% in excess of Chile?
HybridAmbassador. Toyota Hybrid system for helping climate change.

tiagoabner

Post by tiagoabner » Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:54 pm

The cost of life spread in Brazil has a much higher spread depending on where you want to live. $1000 per person is enough for most non-very-touristic places, while $2000 per person is a good estimation for places like Rio de Janeiro and São Paulo. The main concern with Brazil is regarding safety, as the crime rates are quite ridiculous. Just take a look at this map: http://metrocosm.com/homicides-brazil-vs-world/

Yes, it varies based on the city, but one of the reasons I moved out was that a gun was pointed to my wife's head 200 meters from home and nobody was surprised: it was a commonplace occurrence. For anyone that is considering Brazil: good. Luck. With. That.

HybridAmbassador

Post by HybridAmbassador » Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:01 pm

tiagoabner wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:54 pm
The cost of life spread in Brazil has a much higher spread depending on where you want to live. $1000 per person is enough for most non-very-touristic places, while $2000 per person is a good estimation for places like Rio de Janeiro and São Paulo. The main concern with Brazil is regarding safety, as the crime rates are quite ridiculous. Just take a look at this map: http://metrocosm.com/homicides-brazil-vs-world/

Yes, it varies based on the city, but one of the reasons I moved out was that a gun was pointed to my wife's head 200 meters from home and nobody was surprised: it was a commonplace occurrence. For anyone that is considering Brazil: good. Luck. With. That.
Yeah, a Mulato norte americano from Oakland CA once told me, Boy I thought ghetto part of Oakland was bad but living in Brazil either Rio or Sao Paulo, is way dangerous than back home! Luckily I'm accustomed to carrying a piece with me at all the time to defend myself from Brazil's brothers!
HybridAmbassador. Toyota Hybrid system for helping climate change.