Hello from Frank

Introduce yourself, discover who else is here, and get news and information about the forum. Most of all, tell us what Chile means for you.

Moderator: eeuunikkeiexpat

dmwbmw2
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 455
Joined: Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:43 pm

Re: Hello from Frank

Post by dmwbmw2 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:37 am

I dont know about time/traffic in to Santiago at peak times. I have only ever gone off hours and weekends.

I am sure there are some here who know.

I dont expect its worse than La Dehesa at any rate.

scandinavian
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 366
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:55 pm

Re: Hello from Frank

Post by scandinavian » Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:18 pm

fybian wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:26 pm
dmwbmw2 wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:17 pm
We had 5 kids, the youngest 1.5 when we moved here and chose to live in Providencia.

Recently my wife said that had it existed then, she would have chosen Chicureo and getting to work would have been my problem, but she would have all she needed there, schools, shops, etc and would have driven around on her own. Something she never had the courage to do in Santiago/Provi.

Chicureo may not fit you, but I wouldnt be too quick to say La Dehesa is the only option.
Thanks for the suggestions! The house Chicureo is quite nice. One thing we are not sure is how bad the traffic between Chicureo and Vitacura in the rush hour. We were told the traffic is very heavy in Santiago.
I also try to avoid rush hour, but it is not that bad. They have opened the new tunnel and early 2018 they will add TAG so you don't have to stop and pay tolls - that is currently where the traffic jam occurs.
Now, as soon as you hit Vitacura, there will be traffic at peak hours. Really depends on where you need to go in Vitacura. For me it adds 15-20 min to my drive if I go at 8 in the morning instead of either 7 or 9.30.

at46
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 1178
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:13 pm

Re: Hello from Frank

Post by at46 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:42 pm

fybian wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:26 pm
dmwbmw2 wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:17 pm
We had 5 kids, the youngest 1.5 when we moved here and chose to live in Providencia.

Recently my wife said that had it existed then, she would have chosen Chicureo and getting to work would have been my problem, but she would have all she needed there, schools, shops, etc and would have driven around on her own. Something she never had the courage to do in Santiago/Provi.

Chicureo may not fit you, but I wouldnt be too quick to say La Dehesa is the only option.
Thanks for the suggestions! The house Chicureo is quite nice. One thing we are not sure is how bad the traffic between Chicureo and Vitacura in the rush hour. We were told the traffic is very heavy in Santiago.
if you're close to our time zone, you can check traffic times on maps.google.com

fybian
Rank: Chile Forum Tourist
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:54 pm

Re: Hello from Frank

Post by fybian » Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:07 pm

at46 wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:42 pm
fybian wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:26 pm
dmwbmw2 wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:17 pm
We had 5 kids, the youngest 1.5 when we moved here and chose to live in Providencia.

Recently my wife said that had it existed then, she would have chosen Chicureo and getting to work would have been my problem, but she would have all she needed there, schools, shops, etc and would have driven around on her own. Something she never had the courage to do in Santiago/Provi.

Chicureo may not fit you, but I wouldnt be too quick to say La Dehesa is the only option.
Thanks for the suggestions! The house Chicureo is quite nice. One thing we are not sure is how bad the traffic between Chicureo and Vitacura in the rush hour. We were told the traffic is very heavy in Santiago.
if you're close to our time zone, you can check traffic times on maps.google.com

That's good idear! How accurate is the traffic time estimated in Chile on google map? It takes 30-40 minute to travel from La Dehesa to Vitacura in the rush hour, it seems a bit optimistic to me.

at46
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 1178
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:13 pm

Re: Hello from Frank

Post by at46 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:38 pm

fybian wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:07 pm
at46 wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:42 pm
fybian wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:26 pm
dmwbmw2 wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:17 pm
We had 5 kids, the youngest 1.5 when we moved here and chose to live in Providencia.

Recently my wife said that had it existed then, she would have chosen Chicureo and getting to work would have been my problem, but she would have all she needed there, schools, shops, etc and would have driven around on her own. Something she never had the courage to do in Santiago/Provi.

Chicureo may not fit you, but I wouldnt be too quick to say La Dehesa is the only option.
Thanks for the suggestions! The house Chicureo is quite nice. One thing we are not sure is how bad the traffic between Chicureo and Vitacura in the rush hour. We were told the traffic is very heavy in Santiago.
if you're close to our time zone, you can check traffic times on maps.google.com

That's good idear! How accurate is the traffic time estimated in Chile on google map? It takes 30-40 minute to travel from La Dehesa to Vitacura in the rush hour, it seems a bit optimistic to me.
I'd say it's very accurate, but I think the time estimate given at the start of your journey reflects the traffic situation as of that time. On my Concón to Santiago route it can change 5-15 min up or down as I progress.

Post Reply