Re: Introduction post

Introduce yourself, discover who else is here, and get news and information about the forum. Most of all, tell us what Chile means for you.

Moderator: eeuunikkeiexpat

Gloria

Post by Gloria » Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:33 am

Why?
I'm from the generation of common sense, wisdom and unfiltered answers. Anótese, comuníquese, publíquese, archívese.
Please remind me the reasons why I decided to come back!

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sun Mar 20, 2016 12:10 pm

why what?
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

seawolf180

Post by seawolf180 » Sun Mar 20, 2016 12:43 pm

Because.
Don't Tread On Me Either.
crtv.com
conservativereview.com
Question Authority!

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sun Mar 20, 2016 1:27 pm

if your asking why I have everyone make an intro post, it is because we have thousands and thousands of automated bots register on the forum. Later some hard working Indian (or other worker in asia) returns to spam the forum using pre-registered accounts that have "aged". I every so often I go through and flush all the registered accounts that have never posted to stop them from being used.

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

Gloria

Post by Gloria » Sun Mar 20, 2016 1:47 pm

admin wrote:if your asking why I have everyone make an intro post, it is because we have thousands and thousands of automated bots register on the forum. Later some hard working Indian (or other worker in asia) returns to spam the forum using pre-registered accounts that have "aged". I every so often I go through and flush all the registered accounts that have never posted to stop them from being used.
Once upon a time .............there was one of them that "joined the forum" and requested to " be welcomed". It was the reason I said why. Obviously you got late to the party however I understand been Sunday and all..............Just never mind.
I'm from the generation of common sense, wisdom and unfiltered answers. Anótese, comuníquese, publíquese, archívese.

HybridAmbassador

Re: Re: Introduction post

Post by HybridAmbassador » Sun Mar 20, 2016 3:50 pm

At least the ones that introduce themselves has self decency. I see may be hundreds of stealth lurkers just reading in silence. Taking advantage of vast info and lifesaver posts to benefit by, but never contribute a thing for us. Spooky !
HybridAmbassador. Toyota Hybrid system for helping climate change.

Gloria

Post by Gloria » Sun Mar 20, 2016 4:14 pm

HybridAmbassador wrote:At least the ones that introduce themselves has self decency. I see may be hundreds of stealth lurkers just reading in silence. Taking advantage of vast info and lifesaver posts to benefit by, but never contribute a thing for us. Spooky !
It was another troll.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:06 am

There are a lot of people that just read the forum. that is fine. It is the bots that are a pane.

sqcpcg

Post by sqcpcg » Tue May 17, 2016 9:38 pm

HybridAmbassador wrote:At least the ones that introduce themselves has self decency. I see may be hundreds of stealth lurkers just reading in silence. Taking advantage of vast info and lifesaver posts to benefit by, but never contribute a thing for us. Spooky !
Where does decency have to come in?? Many people may show up as lurkers but are actually forum members that have
not signed in because they are merely checking whether there any new posts of interest. They may sign in later during
the session if they feel like asking a question or answering someone else's.....

Another reason is that some people may want to get the feel of a forum before they choose to join. Who knows, there
may be as many valid reasons as there are people for not signing in every time they visit a forum.... From what you
wrote, it is likely that you have even counted me as one of those supposed "freeloaders" at times when I didn't sign in.
Shows what can happen when you assume.....

This is a public forum that is open to all that behave with the appropriate decorum...... admittedly something that
some members seem to forget about from time to time.